What's new

Snakes..

Thanks Molly for that info, honestly did not know they had adders in the UK. Funny that Ireland does not have snakes, they don't know what they are missing :icon_thumright:
Happy Christmas to you also Molly, and of course nice to hear from you again.

God bless
Peter
 
Yeah it is cool the thread is still going on. '...what hath Molly wrought...' Very informative. I won't have any pics to post until about next May, when I go back to Oklahoma to visit. And Merry Damn Christmas, Joyeux Noel, Feliz Navidad, Happy Hannukah, quite a Kwanzaa, most glorious coming of the equinox, and to everybody that don't recognize the holiday, you're still invited over to eat because we all recognize good food. Whew, hope I did not leave anyone out.
 
I came across this picture and thought it would be great to post. Not sure if this is true or put together, but either way it is a great shot.

Snake and bird.webp

God bless
Peter
 
Scarey very scarey! Your right probably put togeather but, like you said a good pic! Thanks ! ;D
 
Hi Guys and Gals,

These pics were sent to me in an email, hope you like. Dont know where they were taken, but definately in South Africa somewhere.

Snake in tree1.webp

Snake in tree2.webp

God bless
Peter
 
He is looking for lunch ! I would stay back as far as I could ! LOL! ;D
 
Mental Granny....Looks to me like he just ate his lunch :laughing7: hope it wasn't anyone nearbye.

U.
 
I forgot to say, yes we do have adders here in the UK, it's not usually fatal, although it can be to a dog sometimes. They are found in some parts of the UK (not all) and where it's known to inhabit, the local hospitals keep some of the anti venom as a precaution. Molly I wasn't aware of the black widow spider over here, maybe I misread you. We don't have any venomous spiders here. ...thank goodness.


U.
 
Rats with Rattles. Here in this neck of the woods
 

Attachments

  • GetAttachment.aspx.webp
    GetAttachment.aspx.webp
    54.1 KB · Views: 421
  • GetAttachment.aspx.webp
    GetAttachment.aspx.webp
    54.1 KB · Views: 401
Unicorn, Good mornin! Yep we have nasty little Black Widows and Brown Recluse here both are nasty little things, just google what they can do to ya!
 

Attachments

  • BlackWidowSpider.webp
    BlackWidowSpider.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 364
  • brown-recluse-spider.webp
    brown-recluse-spider.webp
    85 KB · Views: 416
Hi 4-H,

Wow that is one heck of a lot of rattle snakes..... oh and a great picture..... can you give us some details into this story?

God bless
Peter
 
Ok that does it no MDing ghost towns or woods without snake guards....i HATE snakes
 
pgill said:
Hi 4-H,

Wow that is one heck of a lot of rattle snakes..... oh and a great picture..... can you give us some details into this story?

God bless
Peter
Sure. It was sent to my friend in South Carolina by a friend of his who emailed this photo to him and his buddy's stating he will not use his deer stand this year due to this problem he encountered.
And if any one was intyerested they could use the stand the remainder of the year. The man stated "My heart just can't take another day like this."
 
Umm has this topic burnt out now ??? ??? Hi everyone :icon_thumleft:

God bless
Peter
 
RGINN said:
And one more. The bullsnake, the wannabe gangmember of the reptile world. They wish they were rattlesnakes, but they're harmless. Pretty intimidating sometimes, until you get to know them.

What a GREAT shot!! :icon_thumright:
 
Hey, does anyone know why dogs seam to deal with rattler bites better then humans? I grew up on a 45 acre place in the country and our dogs used to get bite all the time. Usually on the nose, then their head would swell to twice it's regular size. But if you gave them plenty of water and made sure they could chill in the shade for about 3-4 days they would be just fine. Looking back now we probably should have taken them to the vet but we didn't. They always seem to get over it just find though. I have heard tons of stories however of humans losing fingers and toes from a rattler bite or, if it was a young rattler, almost dieing. More food for thought on an already interesting topic.



TG
 
Well,

He aint no King snake , but he thinks he is king of the house!! This is my 3 year old Iggy w/his best freind the cat. He is not a big fan of the dogs but he loves that old cat. They share that little patch of sunlight for warmth in the winter.

Twig.
 

Attachments

  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 327
  • 019.webp
    019.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 320
  • 018.webp
    018.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 334
  • 012.webp
    012.webp
    40.7 KB · Views: 332
  • 018.webp
    018.webp
    27.7 KB · Views: 339
  • 019.webp
    019.webp
    45.3 KB · Views: 333
  • 014.webp
    014.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 320
:icon_thumleft: looks like there is still life in this topic afterall :icon_thumright:

Texasgopher, I do not have an answer for you, but I have heard similar things happening here in South Africa when a dog has been bitten by a puffadder, to man it causes unreal damage, but this one dog I heard about, limped badly on his leg which also was very badly swollen, and he was dragging it behind him when he walked..... a week later he was back to normal ??? But I have also heard off many dogs getting bitten and dying ??? Good question.

Bent-Twig, just love that lizard..... What type is it and where does it come from? Oh and BTW, I just love the masks and carvings.... are they aztec? We get lots of them here in South Africa which the Zulu's and Xhosa's etc make. Would love to see more pics of those masks ::)

God bless
Peter
 
Rattlesnake tastes like rattlesnake.

Decades ago on the farm, my brother came home with a dead one, which he promptly skinned and cleaned and put in the freezer. Months later it was still there.

I got hungry one day and fished it out and fried it in our home made version of Shore Lunch. It was delicious.

It does NOT taste like chicken, except maybe as opposed to say, raccoon.

I do not like to work around snakes. I remember there being a rock pile a section corner was in, which I needed to 'shoot'. As I approached the rock pile, I could smell rattler and figured that there was one in there. I got the excavator and he moved the rock pile with a back hoe, but the vibration was enough to keep the snake down in the hole, which was now covered with hard 'scrape'. I got my shot and never saw the snake again. He either died, unable to get out, or moved on.

They smell musty, like a combination of urine and tobacco juice, but only sometimes. I've caught them, and they didn't smell then. Maybe it's just the dens.
 
Bump..its that time again,,,,
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom