What's new

Snow is falling rapidly...touble in the driveway at 4:00 P.M. today

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi:hello:


This morning, I concocted a plan to avoid back breaking shoveling :icon_scratch::

Hank and I would situate our cars at the beginning of our long, narrow driveway during this storm, and every 2 hrs. we would move the cars forward and backward along the driveway paving down the snow..thus keeping the driveway free of deep snow ???

Well, the plan backfired; snow is falling so fast that we got to the plan too late....:BangHead:

Both cars got stuck as we tried to move them; but Hank prevailed and we're good for the next hour...maybe:dontknow:

And it's just the beginning:cat:
Here's a couple of pics....wish I was in Florida right now.8-)

Thanks for looking

Stay safe everyone.

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2032.webp
    DSCF2032.webp
    68 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCF2033.webp
    DSCF2033.webp
    53 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCF2034.webp
    DSCF2034.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 201
Upvote 0
Lorraine I fell for you, but it is still 72 degrees here in Naples Fl at 4:45 pm. the closes snow is 1400 miles . Have fun .
 
Mr.Hank needs a snow blower.
 
great idea Lorraine, too bad it didn't work properly for you.
it's actually the plan I have on the back burner,
IF I ever get a foot or more predicted here.
normally I do circles & Donuts in my yard to Mess the snow up

We've been downgraded to an inch on this one, but I'm still a little hesitant to believe that
for my town. No snow around me but everything is coated white already up here on top, hmm just heard a Plow I think :icon_scratch:
 
makes me glad I live in global warming area ( awaiting attack)
 
Yup, could have told you (from many years of Minnesota winters) that wouldn't work. I hope you have a nice big snow blower in the garage, or a friend with a plow, because that's about the only thing that will get you out. Next to my two detectors, my snowblower is my favorite piece of equipment.
 
Yup, could have told you (from many years of Minnesota winters) that wouldn't work. I hope you have a nice big snow blower in the garage, or a friend with a plow, because that's about the only thing that will get you out. Next to my two detectors, my snowblower is my favorite piece of equipment.

Hi Susan,

Got neither, but we'll manage; snow is accumulating rapidly ....we'll be hibernating for a few days. We have no important appointments or needs so we're not worried.

Hank used to have a snow blower, but it broke.

My family lives in the north of CT...they are in worse shape than are we.

Lorraine
 
My daughter lives on Long Island and the White Death is already there. Hurricane Nemo. Weather Channel said it was the same track as Sandy, but I've been at work all day and can't look up the net while there.
 
My daughter lives on Long Island and the White Death is already there. Hurricane Nemo. Weather Channel said it was the same track as Sandy, but I've been at work all day and can't look up the net while there.

It looks to be the same track as Sandy.

I'm surprised that there are so many vehicles ( citizen) on I95...visibility is very poor at this time.

The above photos posted are mild compared to what it looks like at this time; we've given up on the plan of moving the cars backward and forward...it's not going to do much good at this point...and they are barely visible now.

Lorraine
 
Last edited:
I'm in southeast CT...went out just before dark and snow blowed the driveway, it's about 300 feet long and about the time I finished there was already two more inches on where I started. Just gonna let it fall and clear it all out tomorrow afternoon when it lets up.
 
Lorraine,

Just did my 3rd round of driveway clearing....using a big scoop probably about 12" so far and still coming down....makes me feel like invading Florida....heck if I have to dig....I'd at least like a chance at gold and silver....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Jeff-Gordon, global warming? Of course, the SUN is getting hotter. Some places are having thunder snow now in the northeast. I've seen/heard it a few times in past years, it's really a wild thing.
 
Man I feel for you,89 here yesterday and 75 today,A/C on.
 
Started plowing last night. Broke second shovel of the season this morning. More plowing today. Bought 2 more shovels.
Been a mild season till now. Hang in all,green beer day coming with spring not far behind.:leprechaun-hat:
 
I'm not going to get hit from this storm, so far so good this winter.
 
I had to scoop some beach sand a few times today in the face of a sturdy 78 degree southerly breeze while wearing a wetsuit in unseasonably warm water. Does that count? :laughing7:

But seriously, you folks up north best hunker down by the fire pit until she blows over. :icon_thumleft:
 
Jeff-Gordon, global warming? Of course, the SUN is getting hotter. Some places are having thunder snow now in the northeast. I've seen/heard it a few times in past years, it's really a wild thing.
I heard thunder here in Cape May this afternoon :dontknow: weird storms are common in my area lately a few derechos , stinkin' Sandi , now Nemo :icon_scratch: I have family in Boston , it's really bad news in NE ,,

blizzard conditions , a :censored: nightmare
 
During the bliz of 78 that swept over the midwest we had thunder and pink lightening. Never will forget that. It was very cool and very strange.
 
like bigscoop i was in chestdeep today waves were pretty calm and water was not cold, about 70 degrees. it has been two years since i shoveled a driveway!!!!

stay safe lorraine, when you guys start digging out be sure and take small scoops and take alot of breaks. can you borrow a nighbors blower?
chuck.
 
like bigscoop i was in chestdeep today waves were pretty calm and water was not cold, about 70 degrees. it has been two years since i shoveled a driveway!!!!

stay safe lorraine, when you guys start digging out be sure and take small scoops and take alot of breaks. can you borrow a nighbors blower?
chuck.

Our neighbors are on welfare.....no dice; we'll get plowed out in a day or so.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom