What's new

Snow is falling rapidly...touble in the driveway at 4:00 P.M. today

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi:hello:


This morning, I concocted a plan to avoid back breaking shoveling :icon_scratch::

Hank and I would situate our cars at the beginning of our long, narrow driveway during this storm, and every 2 hrs. we would move the cars forward and backward along the driveway paving down the snow..thus keeping the driveway free of deep snow ???

Well, the plan backfired; snow is falling so fast that we got to the plan too late....:BangHead:

Both cars got stuck as we tried to move them; but Hank prevailed and we're good for the next hour...maybe:dontknow:

And it's just the beginning:cat:
Here's a couple of pics....wish I was in Florida right now.8-)

Thanks for looking

Stay safe everyone.

Lorraine
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2032.webp
    DSCF2032.webp
    68 KB · Views: 203
  • DSCF2033.webp
    DSCF2033.webp
    53 KB · Views: 193
  • DSCF2034.webp
    DSCF2034.webp
    47.5 KB · Views: 201
Upvote 0
Lorraine I hope you you make it through the storm without hardship. You could send some snow my way. I love snow, & miss the massive amounts we had in the mountains. Good luck, stay safe & warm & cozy.
 
We're watching on CNN, I can not imagine your dilema!! Good luck, Ray
 
i better send the lear for u two.
then we will have 3 hanks in va beach
start packing
have figs
rhett
 
Last edited:
quality time wiith Hank and pets is gold.....
 
Out at the golf course today in sunny Texas. Mesquite trees are budding. According to the old timers, no more freezes. Spring is here...
 
Woke up to this: P1000319.webp Looks like I'll be walking to my beach hunt this afternoon.
 
Woke up to this: View attachment 738199 Looks like I'll be walking to my beach hunt this afternoon.

that's amazing Bob !

would be better if those were Hot Wheels or Match box Cars.
I wouldn't want to have to shovel myself out of that :o
Good to see you have Power up there though :icon_thumright:
 
Last edited:
I "hear " ya, Bob

Here's what I awoke to this morning ......either "BIG FOOT" is roaming around here , or Hank's station wagon is in deep trouble!:hello:



View attachment 738241
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2039.webp
    DSCF2039.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
I "hear " ya, Bob

Here's what I awoke to this morning ......either "BIG FOOT" is roaming around here , or Hank's station wagon is in deep trouble!:hello:



View attachment 738241

Should have Kept that wagon moving :laughing7:

just another normal 2 to 3 here

the wind and melt should take care of ours

DSCF0002.webp

DSCF0003.webp
 
Last edited:
Well, front door blocked by a three foot drift, couldn't wait for condo snow removers, and tried to make it to the beach thru my patio door. Had to shovel a top layer from 4 ft drifts just to be able to walk. IMG_0698.webp Pooped out at gate realizing I'd have to shovel it out, and another 50 ft. to the high tide line. IMG_0696.webp It was high tide anyway, so I wouldn't see much. Maybe later.
 
IMG_20130209_100452.webp

A slight delay in mobility!
Michigan.
 
I "hear " ya, Bob

Here's what I awoke to this morning ......either "BIG FOOT" is roaming around here , or Hank's station wagon is in deep trouble!:hello:



View attachment 738241

Go with the Bigfoot rumor. Just don't plant any tracks as you can actually get into trouble for doing that. Don't ask me how I know this, just take my word for it. :laughing7:
 
Im north of Lorraine and got about 2 feet so far
1325291964.webp
 
Lorraine, we are about to get our snow starting this afternoon. Only expecting an inch "so" they say. But I am flying to Florida on Monday, down south near Jupiter. Already have 2 of my detectors packed for shipment. Don't know if I will be there a week or a month or more. An undetermined time at this point. But looking forward to the weather there! I am dealing with this windy cold weather here, but it's not my preference after living in Florida. But I will continue to make the best of it when I get back. I'm watching the weather channel on TV and boy oh boy, up east has been clobbered! I am glad I am not living on Long Island anymore! My sister is there in Shirley, I called her and they got it good! Florida....here I come!!!!
 
Sigh. Winter is a pain. My coping strategy for snowstorms: Bake something good, watch crap on TV (American Diggers?) that you wouldn't think of watching on a regular day, snuggle with the pets, take a good long nap, or dig out your best finds and remember warm summer days detecting at the beach. And hope you get dug out soon.
 
Next snow storm, try filling your driveway with cars bumper to bumper. Let the snow fall and then just drive the piled up snow on top of the cars out of your driveway. No problem man.... (suggested from the sunny south) Once you can get to the beach it looked to me like you had the potential to make a killing detecting, with all the wave action from the storm. HH. Papa
 
Next snow storm, try filling your driveway with cars bumper to bumper. Let the snow fall and then just drive the piled up snow on top of the cars out of your driveway. No problem man.... (suggested from the sunny south) Once you can get to the beach it looked to me like you had the potential to make a killing detecting, with all the wave action from the storm. HH. Papa


That's what we usually do, Beach, Papa....but this storm we tried a new tactic....BIG MISTAKE!

I'm slowly making progress getting my Honda out...I'm ready to move to Florida about now.:laughing7:

Here's a pic of the progress..was able to get to the driver's side door and start up the engine to defrost the windows.

Can't wait to get to the beaches!:headbang:DSCF2048.webp



Got a new scoop handle....shovel broke from heavy snow



DSCF2051.webp
 
When your arms get bigger than your legs from all that shoveling,just think how light a detector will feel!
 
Lorraine,
Been thinking your snow situation over and I believe I may have the perfect gift idea from you to Hank......."Flame Thrower!" :headbang: :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom