So I took a shower tonight..... after 5 days...

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
21stTNCav said:
That's ok, everyone(not literally) loves dogs!!! Oh yeah, and my wife scratches me behind my ears!!! :hello2:

hahahahaha... TMI!!

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
21stTNCav said:
Seamuss said:
If you want to be considered wild life, have at it. Even wild animals will wallow in water and clean themselves.

It's OK to act really wild and bath daily.

Just splitting hairs here Semuss, but their are two approaches to masking your scent in hunting. A) No scent. Devoid of such so that you cannot be smelled by the prey. B) Covered scent. Masking your scent by a covering scent that the prey does not see as threatening. Humans usually do both. Wolfs, Coyotes, and your domesticated Dog cover by wallow in feces, rotting food, dead animals by instinct . Although many wild animals wallow in water to clean, they also wallow in other stuff not nearly as nice!! Heck, according to my better half all guys are dogs anyway!!
I watched black bears in the wild wallow in water. Even cougars will chase a deer into shallow water to take it down. A domestic dog rolling in stinky stuff is a lot different then a wild animal wallowing in water. Or are you referring to yourndogs as wild life. That's different then what I was reffering too.

I prospect during the summer and I do that mostly in the water without rolling over in smelly stuff and I usually have environmentally safe soap with me before I get out of the river. I might be a dog but that's not the wild life I was referring too.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texastee2007 said:
What was it that Napoleon told his Josephine..."I am coming home do not bath" hmmmmmmm

really???? DO NOT bath?
:help:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
K*E*L*L*Y said:
texastee2007 said:
What was it that Napoleon told his Josephine..."I am coming home do not bath" hmmmmmmm

really???? DO NOT bath?
:help:

Yeap, maybe like any good sailor he liked a bit of skate :D

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Seamuss said:
21stTNCav said:
Seamuss said:
If you want to be considered wild life, have at it. Even wild animals will wallow in water and clean themselves.

Just splitting hairs here Semuss, but their are two approaches to masking your scent in hunting. A) No scent. Devoid of such so that you cannot be smelled by the prey. B) Covered scent. Masking your scent by a covering scent that the prey does not see as threatening. Humans usually do both. Wolfs, Coyotes, and your domesticated Dog cover by wallow in feces, rotting food, dead animals by instinct . Although many wild animals wallow in water to clean, they also wallow in other stuff not nearly as nice!! Heck, according to my better half all guys are dogs anyway!!
I watched black bears in the wild wallow in water. Even cougars will chase a deer into shallow water to take it down. A domestic dog rolling in stinky stuff is a lot different then a wild animal wallowing in water. Or are you referring to yourndogs as wild life. That's different then what I was reffering too.

I prospect during the summer and I do that mostly in the water without rolling over in smelly stuff and I usually have environmentally safe soap with me before I get out of the river. I might be a dog but that's not the wild life I was referring too.
"Wolfs, Coyotes, and your domesticated Dog". A Wolf and Coyote are not domesticated. I will assume that you missed that part of the post and did not ignore it just to argue. The rest of the post was just levity. Have a nice day bud.

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
21stTNCav said:
Seamuss said:
21stTNCav said:
Seamuss said:

"Wolfs, Coyotes, and your domesticated Dog". A Wolf and Coyote are not domesticated. I will assume that you missed that part of the post and did not ignore it just to argue. The rest of the post was just levity. Have a nice day bud.
Ya, I agree that you were merely pointing out specifics about K9 so who's doing the arguing. I was pointing out general cleanliness in the wilderness which was my point and you read something into it that was not there. I'm having a great day and hoping your doing the same.

Dido.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
well, maybe Kelley will approve of this.. but I did shower today... I was out in the Texas humidity (after a previous night of drinking), and I was changing out break pads on her car (not Kellies). And when I got through, my shirt was soaked in sweat. ...and I just HAD to shower. After which, I didn't have any clean cloths to wear, so I just went around my house naked.

I remembered a while back, when I used to do outside manual labor.... When I drank the night before, I would pour out sweat. And if I didn't drink, I was dry as could be.

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikeofaustin said:
well, maybe Kelley will approve of this.. but I did shower today... I was out in the Texas humidity (after a previous night of drinking), and I was changing out break pads on her car (not Kellies). And when I got through, my shirt was soaked in sweat. ...and I just HAD to shower. After which, I didn't have any clean cloths to wear, so I just went around my house naked.

I remembered a while back, when I used to do outside manual labor.... When I drank the night before, I would pour out sweat. And if I didn't drink, I was dry as could be.

you dont shower or do laundry? sweet!

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good that you fixed the breaks (for your wife), showered, and are free enough to walk around the house naked. Life is GOOD.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
mojjax said:
Good that you fixed the breaks (for your wife), showered, and are free enough to walk around the house naked. Life is GOOD.

No, not my wife... ((shhhh... kelly is reading this))

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread