So I took a shower tonight..... after 5 days...

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EU, the link said "harsh" soaps, which I do not use, I also do not buy the anitbacterial soaps as I believe the over use of these cause the germs to become more resistant to drugs.

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
EWWWWW twice a week? I normally do twice a day, but always at least once and I wear deoderant and cologne. Ive never had any issues and I smell good. Girls here like a nice smelling guy. =D I couldnt imagine missing a day let alone a few :o

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good. Dry brush get that dead skin off. You can wash areas of concern with little water. To much washing is not good. Certain parts of the body need more cleaning then other parts. If you look up what some perfumes and other cosmetics are made of, I think you would go with your own great smell. But, remember a bath or shower is great, just do not over do it. Once a week, two at the most. MRS. Mojjax

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I average 9 to 10 showers a week, many times at least twice a day on Saturday and Sunday depending on what I'm doing. I'm 61 and healthy as can be. I could not be married to a woman who only bathed twice a week, no matter how sexy she was.......................

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirt is good. Benefucial in life. Natual immunazations.
Mrs. Mojjax

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
I average 9 to 10 showers a week, many times at least twice a day on Saturday and Sunday depending on what I'm doing. I'm 61 and healthy as can be. I could not be married to a woman who only bathed twice a week, no matter how sexy she was.......................

right on!!! ever since i read how brad pit doesnt use deodorant .... I CANT EVEN WATCH HIS MOVIES!!
because i KNOW he freakin smells like @ss! and it makes him gross! the fact that he was a 'hottie"
is all lost on the fact that he freakin stinks!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
K*E*L*L*Y said:
right on!!! ever since i read how brad pit doesnt use deodorant .... I CANT EVEN WATCH HIS MOVIES!!
because i KNOW he freakin smells like @ss! and it makes him gross! the fact that he was a 'hottie"

Well coming from a "HOTTIE" that says a lot. ;D

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
K*E*L*L*Y said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Can we believe this about Brad as possibly the same source claims he doesn't use toilet paper either but instead uses his hands and then washes them.
http://www.examiner.com/x-7494-LA-G...t-Bodyguard-claims-he-doesnt-use-toilet-paper

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pigiron said:
K*E*L*L*Y said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

Can we believe this about Brad as possibly the same source claims he doesn't use toilet paper either but instead uses his hands and then washes them.
http://www.examiner.com/x-7494-LA-G...t-Bodyguard-claims-he-doesnt-use-toilet-paper

idk about all that... but he has openly said he doesnt use deodorant.. he doesnt like the fact that it has animal
byproducts in it.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
allen said:
if i didnt shower for 5 days, my wife would leave me (alone ).

javascript:void(0);

Mine leaves me alone anyway :dontknow:

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
I would think that not taking a shower could be used as a strategy to get your Lady to talk with ya. Lord knows if ya get rank enough she can't ignore ya!! ::) Personally I thought showering once every 5 days was reserved for country bumkins like me and my family. It goes to show ya, us hillbillies are on the cutting edge of a international trend!!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
Quite right all.... I've since learned that if a man loses his lubrication, a women will have relations with him. I only needed a reminder...

//Now I need to dump the chick so I don't have this 'soapy smell' all over me....b LOL....

//Now, she's since talked to me about it, and I think I'll take more showers more often than I need too,.

OP
OP
mikeofaustin

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
What's sad, is I actually started this topic because I was laid off in Feb. I now sit at home doing this side business, trying to create an income, all the while seeking employment. Previously, my habits were that I wake in the morning to the alarm, shower, dress and go to work. Now that I don't do that, I wake up, and walk upstairs and check my 'company mail', address requests for quotes, and then spend the rest of the time trying to advertise. I'm all by myself here. Months seem like weeks, and weeks seem like days. It's already Friday, and I'm still on Monday. The rest of the week seems like a flash. So, when my significant other tells me, "when was the last time you showered?". I tell her "we'll geez, it seems like yesterday".

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pigiron said:
I think what matters is on the inside , not the outside ,
e.g.
Despite what Kelly thinks about Brad Pitt's B.O. ( she has never actually smelt it, just fantasized about what it might be like)
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,272591.msg1946038.html#msg1946038 ,
Brad has just been honoured for his humanitarian works.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,272591.msg1946038.html#msg1946038

um... i dont care about brad... im not impressed with celebrities.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Treasure_Hunter said:
A hot or cold bath or shower is a great way to relax and release stress, it has a calming effect. Bathing in warm water is also used to alleviate the ill effects of arthritis, sports injuries or other skeletal problems.

Our bodies become loaded down with toxins from the work we do, the products we use, the foods we eat that have been sprayed with pesticides, and the water we drink that contains chlorine and fluoride.
:oworst for not bathing and no deodorant........

EU, the links you posted are not about not taking a daily bath, they are about the over use of anti bacterial products and harsh soaps which is very true.......

Hmm, reading through it properly I have to agree. Not about bathing to often.

Mrs. Mojjax,
I agree 100%.
You know what it cool?
Just back around 100 years average bathing was once a month! :o
The old standard (which I grew up with) is once, twice a week. With exceptions.

Jimmy(PA) said:
EWWWWW twice a week? I normally do twice a day, but always at least once and I wear deoderant and cologne. Ive never had any issues and I smell good. Girls here like a nice smelling guy. =D I couldnt imagine missing a day let alone a few :o
Ah Jimmy, Howdy old man! :D

I can tell you where I live now it is NORMAL to smell like smoke from a open fire, maybe a bit sweat and so on! But none the less the village has 100 inhabitants.
If i lived and the city and would activliy hit the streets for pubs or similar; I'd do the same.
In the country side the mentality is completely different. ;D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eu_citzen said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
A hot or cold bath or shower is a great way to relax and release stress, it has a calming effect. Bathing in warm water is also used to alleviate the ill effects of arthritis, sports injuries or other skeletal problems.

Our bodies become loaded down with toxins from the work we do, the products we use, the foods we eat that have been sprayed with pesticides, and the water we drink that contains chlorine and fluoride.
:oworst for not bathing and no deodorant........

EU, the links you posted are not about not taking a daily bath, they are about the over use of anti bacterial products and harsh soaps which is very true.......

Hmm, reading through it properly I have to agree. Not about bathing to often.

Mrs. Mojjax,
I agree 100%.
You know what it cool?
Just back around 100 years average bathing was once a month! :o
The old standard (which I grew up with) is once, twice a week. With exceptions.

Jimmy(PA) said:
Ah Jimmy, Howdy old man! :D

I can tell you where I live now it is NORMAL to smell like smoke from a open fire, maybe a bit sweat and so on! But none the less the village has 100 inhabitants.
If i lived and the city and would activliy hit the streets for pubs or similar; I'd do the same.
In the country side the mentality is completely different. ;D

Remember just over a hundred years or so ago they use to believe in bleeding patients when they were sick too.............

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I have heard that womanizers have frequent showers and wear deoderant and cologne in their vain attempt to attract
the female gender.
Personally I believe in take me as I am , warts and all. I don't believe in cover ups.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread