What's new

So what does your spouse think about your MDing hobby?

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
4,601
Reaction score
953
Golden Thread
0
Location
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been metal detecting for almost as long as I have been married, 23 years. My wife has always been supportive of my "obsession" with detecting, but has never showed any interest in it herself. She actually thinks it's a little "kooky" as she puts it. This is even though both my daughters and my son have always gone detecting with me through the years and love it themselves.
 
Its Great to Have a Supporting Spouse! ;D ;D Red ;D ;D supports Me fully, Even though She Cant get out with Me when I detect. But I think She enjoys the Fun as much as I do. I find it and She helps if not takes over the research of What I find!!!
Red Is my gold and Silver Keeper Her eye sight Is allot better than Mine and Can find the small Marks that I don see!!! It Is a team effort I can't wait until My replacement Coil Gets here this week!!! Chug!!! ;D
 
Well, my wife thinks it's a bit odd but just smiles indulgently. I guess she figures it's better than hanging out in bars and getting in trouble.
 
Mine is a house person, when asked to go with me,her reply is, there might be bugs out there. lonesomebob.
 
Mine will go out with me and take out daughter so she can play in the playground or in the water. Depend on where I go to. I have extra detectors but she will not use one. My daughter will get one now and then and swing it around and help dig out the finds. Then there is time when my wife will not go and it is just me out for the day. I guess I can not complain she lets me go as much as I want. I will also work my vaction around detecting.......Matt
 
My wife love's it she will grab my sons detector and come with me every now and then. I started water hunting because she came up behind me when I was on this forum looking at what the beach and water hunter's were finding. She asked why can't you find stuff like that for me i.e. rings and such LOL. I told her if I had a water machine I would well... a week after that my wife ordered me my Excal II 1000. :thumbsup: I work for the school district here so I have the summers off and am in the water if not every day it's every other day. Now I'm working on her for a new sun spot scoop.LOL
HH-drewan
 
My wife is neutral on the subject. She does not care to tag along and she does not care if I go as long as I don't track dirt in the house when I come back.

:D
 
Ray S ECenFL said:
My wife is neutral on the subject. She does not care to tag along and she does not care if I go as long as I don't track dirt in the house when I come back.

:D

Sounds like my wife . :laughing7:
 
Well lets see, if I HAD one we would get along GREAT! She would enjoy going out with me hauling all my equipment around while I walked about with my detector pick a spot for her to dig when I got a signal and give me everything of value and she gets to keep the pull tabs! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Don't worry I was only joking!!!!! I am single though!

Even if I had a spouse that went with me, I am too much of a old fashioned man to let her get dirty and carry anything! Besides, I have a hard time trying to get my girlfriend to go anywhere with me, much less metal detecting. Does that mean anything????
 
TheHarleyMan2 said:
Well lets see, if I HAD one we would get along GREAT! She would enjoy going out with me hauling all my equipment around while I walked about with my detector pick a spot for her to dig when I got a signal and give me everything of value and she gets to keep the pull tabs! :laughing7: :laughing7:

Don't worry I was only joking!!!!! I am single though!

Even if I had a spouse that went with me, I am too much of a old fashioned man to let her get dirty and carry anything! Besides, I have a hard time trying to get my girlfriend to go anywhere with me, much less metal detecting. Does that mean anything????

;D :thumbsup:
 
Chug and Red said:
Its Great to Have a Supporting Spouse! ;D ;D Red ;D ;D supports Me fully, Even though She Cant get out with Me when I detect. But I think She enjoys the Fun as much as I do. I find it and She helps if not takes over the research of What I find!!!
Red Is my gold and Silver Keeper Her eye sight Is allot better than Mine and Can find the small Marks that I don see!!! It Is a team effort I can't wait until My replacement Coil Gets here this week!!! Chug!!! ;D

I think it's awesome that Chug detects, I can't get out with him due to my health, and problems with walking, so I live through Chug! He brings everything home, and I mean Everything, pulltabs, nails, sinkers, dope pipes, knives, junk and some really great stuff. Last week I had a bad week, and was stuck in bed with my bucket. Chug went out last saturday, found part of a chain in the dirt, so he carefully picked it up, dirt clod and all, and closed back up the plug. I had soooooo much fun working the dirt and roots away from what he had found, by the time it was done, I had a cheap little heart shaped pendant with fake stones. Yes it was junk, but to me it is worth keeping! For Chug to be able to bring that home to me, instead of uncovering it as he could have done, means more to me then anything, he is a keeper, and so is my new pendant!!!! ;D Red
 
My girl likes to take pictures so I bring her to beaches to get her pictures and I get to play in the sand.

We got her a detector a few months ago, but she wants to wait until the ground is soft so she can try parks. She doesn't seem to have interest in beach detecting in the winter in a coat.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom