So, would you still Coin Roll Hunt if you won the Lottery?

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I was watching a couple of episodes of "The Lottery Changed My Life" with my son earlier today and we started talking about how cool it would be and all the things we could buy for our family, you know the ussual stuff, but, I couldn't help but think right away about how much easier it would be to CRH. I'm sure we all know the reasons, time and money I would put at the top of my list of reasons it would help me out, but I would definetly say yes, I would still CRH for the life of me or the hobby which ever ended first. I don't think I'm alone here either. So, just some food for thought here, I won't go into anymore now and see what others have to say, I'd like to hear some other peoples stories and reasons. 8-) HH,Maverick.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I love CRH'ing, having money would only increace my volume searched! I don't sell any of my finds.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure, but the banks would be bringing me the boxes. No more going in and asking, OK Beans we will deliver your 5 boxes on Thursday and pick up the ones you have ready for return, and if you are not home we will wait for you.

bnicholas26

Apr 25, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bare Hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even though this hobby is lots of fun, I think I would actually cut my volume a little and keep it "fun" rather then turning it into a chore which is what it eventually becomes, especially with high volume. However, it would be fun to buy a s***load of coin just to see what it would yield. But in all honesty, I'd buy a reasonably sized beach house, an overpriced ukulele and a reasonably priced fast car. I'd also probably just buy the coins that I've hoped to find with CRH but haven't yet. Then perhaps travel some and look at something besides a giant pile of coin.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
I wouldn't roll hunt, but I'm too addicted to treasure not to hunt coins in some form. Chances are I'd be buying bulk silver/gold and looking for good die varieties/key dates.

silvershooter

Sep 13, 2012
north central,In
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 di pro sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To many fish to catch if I were that rich,wouldn't have time to CRH. Don't get me wrong I enjoy it very much!! BUT there are toooo many things in life to be experienced to sit in my house and open rolls.:occasion14:

Last edited:

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would quit my current job, travel each state, and order many boxes so I can claim that I have searched every state. After that, I may still do penny box but not halves.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I would every now and then for fun, but I would certainly spend a lot more time detecting!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I will say this, I wouldn't spend the time I do now Doing it,but, I would still have to search some boxes every now and then, probably invite a couple of close friends over to make a night of it once in a while with a 100 or more boxes to search and see what we find. I agree that there are too many other things to consider but, I'd always have that urge to search inside of me. Maybe just build up a stock pile of boxes in dedicated silver collection room of my house to have a search every now and then, you know, just keep picking up boxes every now and then and bring them home to save.

projJakarta

Jan 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would use the winning $$ to build a half-dollar-only depository/CULLING/carrier, lol.

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would continue to coin roll hunt and deer hunt even more! Open more accounts and deposit enough $ in them that I wouldn't have to worry about getting cutoff and get another safety deposit box for free ! LOL!

Big Fat

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that my 2 biggest collecting obsessions would be Muscle Cars( I'm a motor head) and silver coins. Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
BuffaloBoy said:
...i would buy brinks, garda, Loomis, and dunbar too!

Ding ding ding,Winner!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we're talking multi-million dollar lottery winnings, then no I would not CRH. I would just buy as much silver as I wanted. I'm sure my pocket change would still be checked just from habit, but thats about it. I can guarantee you with 99% certainty that if you became super wealthy, then CRH would quickly lose its appeal. If you're a multi-millionaire, finding even a few thousand dollars worth of "free" silver CRHing would be akin to us poor folks finding a single beat up Zincoln laying on the parking lot. I mean, I do pick up that Zincoln, but I sure don't get excited about it. You think you would continue to CRH, but I'd bet against it. Think about it. Why search thousands of cents boxes hoping for that 1909-S-VDB, when you could go buy 100 of them and absolutely never miss the money? It would pretty much be a waste of time. I'd be spending my time doing all the things that I would like to do, but will likely never be able to afford to do.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
ArkieBassMan said:
If we're talking multi-million dollar lottery winnings, then no I would not CRH. I would just buy as much silver as I wanted. I'm sure my pocket change would still be checked just from habit, but thats about it. I can guarantee you with 99% certainty that if you became super wealthy, then CRH would quickly lose its appeal. If you're a multi-millionaire, finding even a few thousand dollars worth of "free" silver CRHing would be akin to us poor folks finding a single beat up Zincoln laying on the parking lot. I mean, I do pick up that Zincoln, but I sure don't get excited about it. You think you would continue to CRH, but I'd bet against it. Think about it. Why search thousands of cents boxes hoping for that 1909-S-VDB, when you could go buy 100 of them and absolutely never miss the money? It would pretty much be a waste of time. I'd be spending my time doing all the things that I would like to do, but will likely never be able to afford to do.

Excellent points, I guess it would make a difference how big the jackpot was, i guess if it was ridiculous millions I would just buy my coins too. I would definitely have a ridiculous silver coin collection too!

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I would continue--except Loomis would deliver to my door. :)

Mr. Apush & I would still enjoy our Bud Light & Modelo Especial (with extra limes) while pulling silver. Happens every Friday night (football/basketball game duty withstanding). And then, we would take a road trip in my new 4 door Jeep Wrangler Sahara (which I did just buy with a bit of proceeds for CRH for the down payment--only sold 40%ers--no 90%--which, to me, is a taboo to sell) and cross the "border line" to dump. Please order me 100 boxes of halves, 25 bags of large silver colored dollars, and . . . 25 boxes of dimes, nickels, and cents. The latter to pass the time when I am bored with halves. hehehe. Well, go large, or go home. :) Guess I will need lots of bags. Smile.

HSH,
apush

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would buy a ton of silver and then take it across the country and deposit some here and there so you fellas can still get excited when you find that silver out there. I'm just a swell guy like that.... Well, after I get back from my world tour that is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread