What's new

Some Officer is looking for these I bet

Backbeatkeeper

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 16, 2015
Messages
79
Reaction score
416
Golden Thread
0
Location
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found & Returned LEO items

Found the badge sitting inside one of the handcuffs.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    270.7 KB · Views: 483
Last edited:
Upvote 30
Now that's a great find!! Trade ya a Gold Ring for those........:thumbsup:
 
Update.....called the college police dept. last night and told them of my find. Got a call this morning from the officer who the items belonged to. He was a victim of a home burglary around 94-95. Along with the items I found, a rifle and a shotgun were also stolen. The shotgun was found not too long after the burglary about 10-12 miles east of where I found the cuffs and badge. Rifle has never been found. I will be returning them this week.
 
Also as a note the officers last name was Beckham and he is still employed by the college.
 
Nice work,, I have been looking all over for that badge and cuffs,, lol
 
I bet I know who dropped that stuff...
 

Attachments

  • untitled.webp
    untitled.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 136
Get a photo of Officer Beckham and yourself when you return the items. I will nominate you for a GRAND Honorable Mention! Great job, Sub 8-)
 
I'll second the nomination.
 
Update.....called the college police dept. last night and told them of my find. Got a call this morning from the officer who the items belonged to. He was a victim of a home burglary around 94-95. Along with the items I found, a rifle and a shotgun were also stolen. The shotgun was found not too long after the burglary about 10-12 miles east of where I found the cuffs and badge. Rifle has never been found. I will be returning them this week.

I would think that a call to the local news would be in order.

It's a good story, and it will really help our hobby.

Please, give your local station a call. I'm certain they will be interested in the story.
 
Ok, so I took the stuff back. The LEO whose badge and cuffs I found was not able to meet with me as he worked in a different city and schedules could not permit a meeting. However, I did meet with an officer and a Sgt. of the college and got a picture of me returning the items to the officer on duty.

I thought about calling the local paper, but I don't see a real interest in this story as it stood. Funny side note, I work in the HVAC field and did a service call for a customer I've been to many times servicing their equipment. Told her about the badge and cuffs and she laughed. Turns out she was married to the LEO's brother. She said she's gonna give him heck about the badge when she sees him during Christmas.

image.webp
 
Dear Moderators,

I'd like to see this fella get his Honorable Mention award for this fine piece of work and helping to promote our hobby.

Regards
 
Aw, shucks. Thanks for the nomination and kudos!
 
Outstanding job! People like you helps our passion be looked at in a very positive light.
Best of luck out there!
 
Those S&W cuffs go back to the early 80's, I had several sets when I was a cop back then.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom