What's new

some sort of fraternal order collar?SOLVED !

terryo

Full Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
196
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
north Florida
Detector(s) used
ace 250, 1974 Whites coinmaster 2/d
this is some kind of ceromonial collar ,stole , or somehting I found at a yard sale last year, and I still can't find out any thing about it.Can anyone give me some ideas? I looked up the maker, and know its pre-1950's, but that is about it.Any idea's?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0099.webp
    IMG_0099.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_0099.webp
    IMG_0099.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_0099.webp
    IMG_0099.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_0102.webp
    IMG_0102.webp
    91.4 KB · Views: 533
Re: some sort of fraternal order collar?

DCMatt said:
For ease of research this item is called a "stole" not a collar.

I'm thinking it's from some society, lodge, or order.

DCMatt
The old Ames book calls it a collar.
 
Upvote 0
Re: some sort of fraternal order collar?

stole is for "real" religous" orders -- so collar would be more correct , I guess --catholic preist wear "stoles"
 
Upvote 0
Re: some sort of fraternal order collar?

DUDES, YA'LL ROCK ! THANKS SO MUCH ! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
terryo, I was rooting through some old paper and I found a little more on that collar of your's. Here's a close match made by the Pettibone Bros. which has both your "PG" and PCP" embroidery. The PG stood for "past grands" and the PCP stood for "Past Chief Patriarchs".
(I just threw the second scan in there so you'd know why they called themselves the "odd fellows" :D
 

Attachments

  • 2collar.webp
    2collar.webp
    117.4 KB · Views: 219
  • odd dude.webp
    odd dude.webp
    528.6 KB · Views: 221
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom