What's new

Some Texas points

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please add your Texas artifacts to this thread.
H.H.

ForumRunner_20130530_213915.webp



ForumRunner_20130530_214103.webp



ForumRunner_20130530_214329.webp
 
Upvote 0
I don't have any Texas points, but I really like those tiny ones that don't even cover up your finger-tip!...very cool!
 
Here's some of the better relics from a three day hunt in the Texas hill country. I have a few more points from Texas but have yet to photograph them.

nolan.webp perdiz.webp ensor.webp perd.webp blade2.webpdrill.webp
 
Thank you both.. nice finds there garren!
 
I love Texas artifacts and have put together a nice little collection from the state for my States Collection.

Here's some pics of my tray and some individual shots. I had a lot more single pics but I lost a bunch of them when my computer crashed.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0107.webp
    DSC_0107.webp
    61.3 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0106.webp
    DSC_0106.webp
    54 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC_0105.webp
    DSC_0105.webp
    64.2 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_0104.webp
    DSC_0104.webp
    60.1 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_0103.webp
    DSC_0103.webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0108.webp
    DSC_0108.webp
    61.4 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0109.webp
    DSC_0109.webp
    63.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0068.webp
    DSC_0068.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_0069.webp
    DSC_0069.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0072.webp
    DSC_0072.webp
    54.1 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC_0093.webp
    DSC_0093.webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_0084.webp
    DSC_0084.webp
    43.1 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_0083.webp
    DSC_0083.webp
    32 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_0079.webp
    DSC_0079.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0076.webp
    DSC_0076.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_0063.webp
    DSC_0063.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_0088.webp
    DSC_0088.webp
    60.3 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0099.webp
    DSC_0099.webp
    41.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_5435.webp
    100_5435.webp
    67.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_5439.webp
    100_5439.webp
    30.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_5442.webp
    100_5442.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_5444.webp
    100_5444.webp
    13.9 KB · Views: 96
Killer Texas tray Reap.
I always love seeing that fire popped point..although it kinda looks satanic..LOL.
 
I like the Tx points the way they were crafted. Here is 3 that I have. I have more though.
 

Attachments

  • 100_3466.webp
    100_3466.webp
    148.5 KB · Views: 112
a taste of Tejas...Some bifurcates, sweet flake graver, nice quartz piece

DSC00387.webp
DSC00389.webp

some drills..

DSC00390.webp

some blades...

DSC00391.webp

DSC00392.webp

DSC00394.webp
 
I love Texas artifacts and have put together a nice little collection from the state for my States Collection.

Here's some pics of my tray and some individual shots. I had a lot more single pics but I lost a bunch of them when my computer crashed.

Amazing collection! How/why did they put the holes in the bottom of those?
Several of the others look a lot like what we used to find on the Nueces River when I was a kid.
 
Amazing collection! How/why did they put the holes in the bottom of those?
Several of the others look a lot like what we used to find on the Nueces River when I was a kid.

Thanks Blair. It took me about two years to put that tray together through trade, people giving me some, and buying a few.

The "holes" in the Frio are fire pops from being in some extreme heat at one time. The air pockets in the material will heat up and cause pieces to flake off.
 
I can't help but wander if Reap's fire popped point was done by ancient fire or modern Forrest fires.
 
Good question ... there isn't any noticeable patina that would make that easier to tell.
 
Here's some of my more recent ones from South Texas (Zapata County).




image-4065399389.webp
 
Guy. Townes. Ray Wylie. Willie. Jerry Jeff. Sorry, but those are my favorite Texas artifacts...I couldn't help myself. Texas singer songwriters are a huge part of my other love...music.
 
Guy. Townes. Ray Wylie. Willie. Jerry Jeff. Sorry, but those are my favorite Texas artifacts...I couldn't help myself. Texas singer songwriters are a huge part of my other love...music.

Man, I'd give about everything I have just to be able to see Townes play live. He died about a year before I ever heard of him
 
Man, I'd give about everything I have just to be able to see Townes play live. He died about a year before I ever heard of him

Yes ma'am. What I wouldn't give to hear Mr Mudd and Mr Gold From his sweet lips. I also dream of seeing Guy before its too late. He has some great stories of life with his wife, Susanna and Townes on YouTube...

The day I found Texas country (I'm hesitant to call it country since Nashville has ruined that name) was a very happy day. I've spent the last few years devouring a generation or two of music wondering if somewhere in a past life I may have lived in that wonderful state. How does a hillbilly girl from WV love the story of Texas written in these songs? I guess it goes along with my same love of Appalachian music which tells my story here in the mountains so well.
 
i have some great texas friends.....natch, bravo, neogeo, flintdigger and more
these are from natch
IMG_0029.webp
 
Nice finds LC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom