What's new

Sometimes Things Are Just Meant To Be Found.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2013
Messages
4,429
Reaction score
5,831
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanted to go bow hunting today, but the wind was blowing real hard . So I waited and went toward the mid day and the wind just did not wont to lay down, so I decided to try to make a stalk hunt. I came across some fresh hog signs and fell in behind them. They had really tore up a ridge top, I knew they were real close and I keep my eyes looking for movement, but I could not keep from looking at the dirt they had turned over. I had almost walked past this and the sun changed and I spotted the edge. At first I thought it was a piece of pottery, till I got a closer look and then I thought it was going to be broke. 10-5-14 002.webp When I pulled it out all I could say was( Thank You Jesus),10-5-14 003.webp it is such a rush when you find a nice piece, I forgot all about the hogs. This is the first whole gorget that I have ever found and the only one made from slate. Slate is something that does not come from this area, so it had to be traded into this area. I wiped it off the best I could but was to scared to dig out the dirt in the holes.10-5-14 006.webpSo when I got home I got out the dental pick and went to work with it and the electric tooth brush and this is a cleaned up photo.10-5-14 013.webp
I have always had to dig, walk fields and creeks to find things, this has made me think of the things that are just laying out there to be found by someone. I did not have artifact hunting on my mind due to all the leaves that have fallen, but I can't keep my eye's off of fresh dirt. It's going to be a long deer season I think.
 
Upvote 0
That is an incredible find. I am happy for you (and envious!!!!!!).
 
You are deserving Monster! I couldn't be happier for you!

banner worthy FOR SURE!!!
 
Awesome find! Congratulations.
 
Banner no doubt! Can we see a pic of the other side of it? Congrats!!!!
 
Great find. Those have eluded me forever it seems. Good for you!
 
Wow nice find center piece for sure .
 
Yep you got my vote incredible !!!!!
 
Very interesting piece! Where I grew up on the Maryland/Pennsylvania border, there is slate everywhere. There is even a type of green slate in P.A. Neat find! Congrats!
 
That's one killler gorget! Ya got my vote.
 
When you least expect it and all due to some wind.
What a find!
 
Nice! Do the drill holes go all the way through?
 
:thumbsup: That is one "COOL" Find! Just awesome!
 
What the heck is a Gorget???
 
Nice find! Best i've been able to find is a small piece of one
 
Man you found a dandy!!
 
Well, you now have a new centerpiece for your next display! Beautiful! Happy for you!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom