Son bested me with silver and an Indian!

frogginfish

Dec 18, 2012
Southwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2 w/11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my son out to try out his Teknetics Alpha yesterday evening to a lot that used to have an old high school in it.
His very first target ends up being an 1895 IHP!! He was stoked from that point on. After about an hour, it gets dark enough that we start heading back to the truck. Half way back, he gets a solid dime signal. After digging the plug and flipping it over, the coin was in the side of the plug...maybe 2 inches deep.
He retrieves it and with the light from my cellphone, he was speechless when he seen the date.
1852 seated liberty dime!! I was so happy for him. He'll it took me almost 5 years to find my first seated coin!!

20180922_193448.jpgFB_IMG_1537733052774.jpgFB_IMG_1537733064521.jpgFB_IMG_1537733067740.jpgFB_IMG_1537733071001.jpgFB_IMG_1537733074045.jpg

Upvote 34
Congrats, Don't it make you proud?

Congrats, Don't it make you proud?
Yes, very much so!! It's hard enough to pull a teenager away from phones and games so when he is excited about doing this, it puts a smile on my face!

That's awesome. Congrats :icon_thumright: nice shape on the IHP.

Congratualtions on the old coins! :occasion14:

WOW!! Be congrats to your son!!

What an amazing start- a hunting partner for life!

-- Jeff --

Your son will never forget this day with dad, that’s for sure. Congratulations, I can’t wait until my little boy is old enough to go with me.

Wow, that dimes in amazing shape for its age, great finds!:icon_thumright:

Congrat's to both you and your son. Your son is off to a Great start. Well done.

Well done, Son! 🙌 She's a beauty to boot. 😁 Nice work on both your parts.

That’s a pretty Seated! Congrats to your boy!

Nice father-son hunt...and an exciting one to start! If I had started detecting as a teen I might have enjoyed studying history more. I only acquired a taste for that subject AFTER I found older finds that I wanted to learn about.

Awesome seated dime. Does it have a mint mark?

How awesome is that?? Congrats Dad!!!! Keep him on it!!!:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back