What's new

southwestern shell artifacts

outlawatheart

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
815
Reaction score
874
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
DSC09597.webpDSC09598.webpDSC09600.webpDSC09601.webp
 
Upvote 0
Those are super fine,:notworthy: I don't get to find many shell artifact's. I have only found a conch shell in the top of a mound while on a state dig and they let me keep it, because there was no work done to it. In La. across the river you can find clam shell that has been used , but have not got into that yet:BangHead:
 
Nice preservation on the shell out there.
Is that a fine looking bone bead I see in with them?
Some of those look familiar.
 
I have quite a few very tiny little shell beads, almost enough for a nice necklace, also have some strange flat shell pieces that are all drilled and worked into elongated triangles. I added those whole shells because I think they are what all the broken stuff was made from.
Nice preservation on the shell out there.
Is that a fine looking bone bead I see in with them?
Some of those look familiar.
 
A lot of those olivella shells were made into beads.
 
...can I add my "turtle/whale/shark/rock?" to your collection....haha Those are nice outlaw, makes me miss the ocean:( I do have a NM shell though!
 
every piece came from a mountain site in Arizona north of Chino Valley near my cabin.
...can I add my "turtle/whale/shark/rock?" to your collection....haha Those are nice outlaw, makes me miss the ocean:( I do have a NM shell though!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom