Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last edited:

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excal is based on an early model of the sovereign, not the later models. The sovereign gt has options the excal does not have... I own both, and if I know for sure I am not going into the water I will always pick the sov over my excals (I have 2 excals)....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter is right of course. I too have both and I would really like a waterproof Sov GT. Just place a baggie over the controls of the Sov GT and leave it open at the bottom to protect in from salt spray.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure Hunter is right of course. I too have both and I would really like a waterproof Sov GT. Just place a baggie over the controls of the Sov GT and leave it open at the bottom to protect in from salt spray.

Several great replies here. I am not a huge beach hunter here in Oklahoma lol but the Sov GT seems a bit more sensitive that the excal.

Holler if you have more questions or looking for a great deal!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Bart has the best deals. Call him at 405-206-9010 :thumbsup:

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Last edited:
OP
OP
onthespot

onthespot

Feb 6, 2012
Asia
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, Sov GT, CZ-21 & Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the info guys, my next detector will be a Sovereign GT, as soon as I can scrap my ring collection.

goodmore

Nov 12, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the Sovereign you can change coils and wear more comfortable headphones also. The GT is a great beach detector.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the beach, I'd recommend the E-trac over both of them. If you plan on going into the water, then the Excalibur is the best choice. If I'm looking for jewelry, I run a zig-zag course to see if there is a trough of good targets. That zig zag course will sometimes take me into the surf so I start with the Excalibur so I can go from dry sand to 5 feet of water without even changing a setting. If the trough ends up being out in the water I continue hunting with the Excal. If the trough is in just wet or dry sand, I'll change over to the E-trac.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
With the Sovereign you can change coils and wear more comfortable headphones also. The GT is a great beach detector.

The only problem with the SGT is that it discriminates bi metal coins completely out. Only with a lot of experience do I have the capacity to find pesos in any denomination at all, and its not easy. I agree, It ranks amongst the absolute best American or silver coin machines available.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who wants to find modern Pesos? I don't even want to find modern U.S. coins and would discriminate them out if I wouldn't lose jewelry and old coins in the process.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread