Soviet Overcoat?

chbingle

Greenie
Dec 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm a little stumped on exactly what type of overcoat this is. I just picked it up from an antique flea market. Obviously it's Soviet, but does anyone know from what era? Was it for officers or high ranking military personnel? If someone could help shed some light on this it'd be much appreciated!

IMG_5088.JPG FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender_1.jpg FullSizeRender_2.jpg

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My immediate thought is that it's post 1980's. Eastern Bloc stuff started flooding in to the American surplus market after the Berlin Wall came down and when the U.S.S.R folded all the Soviet stuff came flooding in as well. There should be a tag inside maybe in an inside pocket, if you can find one and post a pic that will help.

I don't know what you paid, but I see the Red Army enlisted mens versions going for around $40-$50 retail in a store down here, yours may bring more being an officers coat, but I really don't know the market for the Russian stuff post WW2

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

chbingle

Greenie
Dec 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this tag inside one of the pockets, anyone know anything about it?

IMG_5124.JPG

Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BOEHTOPR translates to "Military technician" and I think it roughly means "Military factory"..... it turns up on all sorts of Russian gear. The rest I think will identify the specific factory that made the coat. There are some Russian members here and I'm sure one of them would translate it for you.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

chbingle

Greenie
Dec 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just noticed that on the back of every button on the coat is a '72', so I'm assuming this coat it's from the 70's

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread