What's new

Spanish Treasure Coin?

Whydah

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,917
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got a chance to hunt this morning before the rain, called my hunting partner for the last 41+ years... (My Dad) He has been there through thefruitless days and through the golden days.... This day wasn't any diferent than the others except the fact I am noticing that it takes him a few more minutes to get into and outa the truck... for you see he is going to be 81 this Novemeber..... He put on his happy face and says go get a good one..... (I think I did) This is where I need your help.... Never found one before, so I am not to sure what I am looking, at or what I have... In fact it may not be anything good at all... but my hopes are high... We didn't find many coins, or any silver, or jewelry, what we found was that we enjoy each others company more now than ever....... Here are a few pictures of the coin and a brief discription... It is paper thin, a little smaller than a U.S. Dime... not sure if it's silver,brass,or even bronze? It has a cross on one side and NO DATE..... on the other side it seems almost look like a miniture, but very worn standing liberty quarter... very strange... not even sure what side the date would be on if it had one... Thanks for looking and helping in advance.... Whydah cross coin 2012 (4).webpcross coin 2012 (9).webp
 
Upvote 0
ReeL Nice !!!
 
PRICELESS ,taking your Dad is the best treasure you could even have:icon_thumright:,,couldn't tell you on the coin since I had an F in History:laughing9::laughing7:,,HH:hello:
 
Nice find. That coin looks like silver which has been exposed to saltwater for a long time.
 
Fun with Dad!! Worth every penny especially one's with a cross!!!!:icon_thumright:


SnT
 
I agree with sufnturf any day spent with dad is a great day indeed, I know I never got one since I was twelve or thirteen.:weee:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom