moramoina

Apr 18, 2013
Dubai
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - White's Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there

Bought my brand new spectra V3 last week. I maybe should have chosen something different as i am fairly a beginner, but i read planty of good reviews on the machine, that i decided to purchase it. Took it out on the beach, as the United Arab Emirates which its pretty much a very young country, lacks of historical places and moreover i do not have a car still :-) I have been relocated here since few months now.
However, went on the beach and i must admit the machine behaved itself, i would say pretty well, but i'd like to hear your opinions, experiences, suggestions and tricks on the Spectra V3. During my few hours of detecting, under a boiling sun, surrounded by people, i mostly dug out current coins. My main goal was obviously gold, but i did not expect to hit it on my first day out. I must admit i wasn't sure whether the detector had ground balanced itself properly. Need your advises on this. How do you guys ground balance your spectra V3..... i was doing it on wet sand. I also tested the coil into the water and the vdi number started to jump around as well as the sound + a series of what i believed to be false signals. Anyway, i look forward to hear your opinions and stories. Cheers

Upvote 0

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use the salt settings in the tracking settings for less problems in the water and in the wet sand
There are two basis target areas at the beach bro: wet sand and dry sand run down in the dry and back n the wet or vice versa
look for faint signals between -2 to +28 to +32 etc for rings , gold , plat, silver
ground balance often go slow
Go in the early mornings for better finds
Go after a storm
Go during low tide for great finds!!!
Good luck and let me know how you do bro..
Mort:thumbsup:

OP
OP
moramoina

moramoina

Apr 18, 2013
Dubai
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - White's Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Mort and thank you for your nice inputs!! Yes early in the morning it is definitely the best time, after that people take over the beach and the game is over. What are you exactly referring to when you mention use the salt setting?. If i am not wrong there is a salt setting that can be selected, but right now i can remember. I just used the factory setting "salt beach". I actually skipped signals as -2 for example as i thought it was junk and and the signal was not a clear nice loud one. I found hundred of can lids etc... Been trying to hunt the low tide also , but the level of the water did not change much. I will definitely go again early morning this weekend and try to target another area of the beach. Thank you Mort!!!

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude you want the -9 up some rings are small but big diamonds. ..
And depending on the alloys the gold has with it yes accept

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread