What's new

Spring artifact hunting

dbag1969

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
92
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to wish everyone a happy hunting season...You know the best stuff washes out early in the spring!!! Time to walk the creeks and the rivers if they are not swelling too bad!!! Good luck and happy hunting...lol
 
Upvote 0
Ha ha. Good one Rusty. I need to get me some of them boots. Walking on a real soft sand bar on the flat river today my feet sunk into the water. This was right before I almost busted my a$$ climbing back up the bank.
I bet the water was moving pretty good today. This summer will be nice hunting. I found a spot on Guess Rd. That is being logged. I stopped and walked the road side and found two broken points. The spot is between the flat river and Eno. I've got to find out who owns this land. I also want to find out where flat river feeds falls lake. After this storm I plan on calling you to arrange a hunt. The most important find of a hunt is finding grounds that are significant. I'm looking places with no nice walking trail leading in. Secluded!! The fields are fun but I'm due a nice find. Those require hard work and tough boots. Get those Mucks! We can get to work then!!
 
Rusty. I live just down the street from that site. I can drive there in about five minutes. I haven't walked it though. It was just recently logged. I'll bet its an absentee owner logging it for money. There is a fair amount of land owned around here by out of state owners.
 
Rusty. I live just down the street from that site. I can drive there in about five minutes. I haven't walked it though. It was just recently logged. I'll bet its an absentee owner logging it for money. There is a fair amount of land owned around here by out of state owners.
Right by the church? You need to be on that site. It's a promise bro. Ten minutes and I had two tips. Found one in the church yard.
 
So what is the difference between {muck} and regular water boots?
 
Rusty, do you mean the logged site on the corner of Russell road and guess road? If so, are you referring to that little church across guess road?
 
Looks like they are a combination of rubber bottom going into a neoprene upper.They are supposed to be light weight and comfortable.The neoprene allows them to breathe.It looks like they are available in different heights and come in an arctic version.It all sounds good as long as i can step out of the water then go walk a couple miles and still feel comfortable.Got a buddy works out in it year around says they are comfortable and waterproof....They seem to have a pretty decent warranty also.
 
Looks like they are a combination of rubber bottom going into a neoprene upper.They are supposed to be light weight and comfortable.The neoprene allows them to breathe.It looks like they are available in different heights and come in an arctic version.It all sounds good as long as i can step out of the water then go walk a couple miles and still feel comfortable.Got a buddy works out in it year around says they are comfortable and waterproof....They seem to have a pretty decent warranty also.

I wonder if that is the type I had before cause those things lasted for ever. Just now they started to break down. At least 15 yrs old
 
Man i knew spring was moving a little slow this year and the weatherman just confirmed it.Two years ago the high temp. was 68°.The temperature now 4° ouch.My power has been off three times in the last six days and i got about 18" of snow on the ground.This one day before ......THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING....Last year i was digging by now...Wheres the love?For all you folks out there not finding much believe me it could be worse.....mjm

ForumRunner_20140319_063232.webp
 
Man i knew spring was moving a little slow this year and the weatherman just confirmed it.Two years ago the high temp. was 68°.The temperature now 4° ouch.My power has been off three times in the last six days and i got about 18" of snow on the ground.This one day before ......THE FIRST DAY OF SPRING....Last year i was digging by now...Wheres the love?For all you folks out there not finding much believe me it could be worse.....mjm

View attachment 962447
It was going to be 64 today the weather people said. I took a lite sweater and went to the creek today. I bet it didnt get over 50. I was cold and wet and didnt find anything worth posting but at least there wasnt any snow.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom