What's new

Spring artifact hunting

dbag1969

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
92
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to wish everyone a happy hunting season...You know the best stuff washes out early in the spring!!! Time to walk the creeks and the rivers if they are not swelling too bad!!! Good luck and happy hunting...lol
 
Upvote 0
I just wanted to wish everyone a happy hunting season...You know the best stuff washes out early in the spring!!! Time to walk the creeks and the rivers if they are not swelling too bad!!! Good luck and happy hunting...lol



yup good luck to everyone!
larson1951
 
Yes best of luck to all hunters ;)
 
I'll chime in too! Happy Hunting One and All! The winds are blowing like crazy today- and we had a ton of rain yesterday, so everyone in the mid-Atlantic states, sharpen your eyeballs, I think Saturday will be awesome (a warm day before we freeze up yet again!). :headbang: Yak
 
Nice jester. If we ever quit getting rain and the water goes down a couple of feet Im sure I will find some nice ones. HH, rock
 
Yep found my first one ever in a creek on Tuesday
Not the best of points but I will take it.

ForumRunner_20140314_185108.webp
 
Happy, I saw the concrete on my driveway for the first time in 2 months. Heck I was out there today tossing snow back on the drive so it would melt,LOL
 
Those creek cobbles just dont take it very gentle on the artifacts I do have to say. Every once in a while you get lucky though.
 
Hope everyone has a successful safe season. I saw 2 snakes out today.
 
Well we got 16" of snow the day before yesterday.Now is the time of much whining and *****ing......Tired of looking at atlases and making plans...hell i got my next two seasons plotted out..Time to go buy some gear i think a new pair of muck- boots is the ticket....good luck and be careful to all....mjm
 
Well we got 16" of snow the day before yesterday.Now is the time of much whining and *****ing......Tired of looking at atlases and making plans...hell i got my next two seasons plotted out..Time to go buy some gear i think a new pair of muck- boots is the ticket....good luck and be careful to all....mjm

I just got a new pair of boots and they leak already. Rite at the heels. They just dont make boots like they use to. My other pair I had for 15 yrs and they just started to leak.
 
I've been thinking of picking up some muck boots. They are kind of pricy but suppose to be good. It so confusing with the number and brands of boots out there. It would suck to get a pair and they leak. You going to take them back?
 
Ive heard good things about them.They are pricey but its all about the comfort.Would probably be cheaper on line but i would just as soon pay a little more and be able to return them easier.Also i got big feet so it would be nice to try them on......mjm
 
I have a pair of muck boots and they are great, very light weight and so far they have held up to 2 years of deer hunting and artifact hunting. I just don't think they would take to sharp rocks.
 
I've been thinking of picking up some muck boots. They are kind of pricy but suppose to be good. It so confusing with the number and brands of boots out there. It would suck to get a pair and they leak. You going to take them back?

I ordered them online from a well known place. Seeing it had their own name brand on them I figued they would be good. It was a combo water and snake boot. I sure hope the snake part works cause the water doesnt. They are so stiff they chap my legs when walking. I even tuck my jeans in them but it doesnt help much. I might try wrapping my legs with cloth before putting them on to see if it helps.
 
I had a nice pair of canvas boots that lasted 10 yrs. They were starting to fall apart but drained nice when in deep water cause of the material. I left them sitting outside so they would dry and a dang dog took one home with him. There was a stray the day before in my yard so I played with him. A young Husky pup. I figure he came back the next day to play and I wasnt home so he took one of my boots instead :sadsmiley:
 
Rock that reminds me of the time.We were stopping at a ranch to ask permission to deer hunt.After telling him what was on our mind.He invited us in off the open porch to give us a permission slip and a map of his property.Yes some ranches in montana you actually need a map .I slipped off my sorel pack boots and went inside.On leaving his house i found his blue heeler dog sitting out in the yard eating the leather upper off my boot.Oh well i could always get new boots.A hunting spot like that was hard to come by....
Mjm
 
LOL my boot was leather and canvas. I looked all over the neighborhood for my boot but no luck. I ended up throwing the other one away.
 
I've been thinking of picking up some muck boots. They are kind of pricy but suppose to be good. It so confusing with the number and brands of boots out there. It would suck to get a pair and they leak. You going to take them back?
Muck boots are worth every penny on their price tag. I love mine. It takes a little walking to get used to Muck boots. I even took a couple small falls when I first started wearing them. I'm not sure what Jesus wore when he walked on water but Muck boots have got to be pretty close!! Lol
 
Ha ha. Good one Rusty. I need to get me some of them boots. Walking on a real soft sand bar on the flat river today my feet sunk into the water. This was right before I almost busted my a$$ climbing back up the bank.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom