Status of TreasureNet.com

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Treasure hunter & Jeff, I am trying Firefox, hope it works better. Frank
What a difference, It even has spell check built in. It even tells me how many posts I have made in a thread. I got to admitt you guys were right. crystal ball 2  700.jpg

Last edited:

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is great to be a member of TreasureNet. There are threats about large treasures, mostly in the West and other interesting subjects and great writers. I am from Connecticut and seeking information of bury treasures that you are no longer interesting is searching for in Connecticut. God bless you and I hope that all of you find at lease one big treasure. [email protected]

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Treasure hunter & Jeff, I am trying Firefox, hope it works better. Frank
What a difference, It even has spell check built in. It even tells me how many posts I have made in a thread. I got to admitt you guys were right.
....Frankn....i solved my computer problems ...I went and got myself a.. I Mac Apple computer....about 3 weeks ago....... I wish i would have done it years ago...............

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Frankn....i solved my computer problems ...I went and got myself a.. I Mac Apple computer....about 3 weeks ago....... I wish i would have done it years ago...............

Once you get a Mac you will never understand why in the world you had that other kind. I have several and one has been running 5 years never a hiccup and never shut down.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just wanted to say thanks to all making this site what it is ive been detecting only for around 3 years or so and have seen a few md sites but bu far this is truley the most informant 1 with all the info its given me and whati know that im able to pass on to the new men and women welll its just great i recently lol today moved over to become a charter member myself as a way of tring to say thanks and to help out thanks guys best site on the internet

skeeter86

Oct 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to THANK YOU for wonderful web site
I woild like to THANK all of the members for the helpful replies and tips. I have been detecting on and off for the last 30yrs. I started with a micronta discovery 2#. That surprisingly a pretty good detector for the time ,I now own a teknetics delta 4000 and I'm still learing its language .So I read a lot of the posts, learn from the members and pry one day i'll be able too afford a top of the line detector.So until then I'll
keep reading digging and hope for the day one of my finds will pay for that top of the line detector thank you to one and all!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to THANK YOU for wonderful web site
I woild like to THANK all of the members for the helpful replies and tips. I have been detecting on and off for the last 30yrs. I started with a micronta discovery 2#. That surprisingly a pretty good detector for the time ,I now own a teknetics delta 4000 and I'm still learing its language .So I read a lot of the posts, learn from the members and pry one day i'll be able too afford a top of the line detector.So until then I'll
keep reading digging and hope for the day one of my finds will pay for that top of the line detector thank you to one and all!

Due time, a high dollar machine won't make the great finds its research, site, practice, know ur machine. Good luck

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bump...... Trip down memory lane from 2/2012......

gigispop7

Mar 22, 2009
Oklahoma city,Ok
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett AT gold, Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome . one of the best sites around .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bump, 5 years ago this month Foundry Forum bought TreasureNet so happy birthday!!!!! :occasion14: :occasion18:

It was a challenge due to switching from the old format to VBulletin

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Issue is on your end, thousands are on daily with no issue.

a2jones

Feb 28, 2018
Naples,Florida,Washington state,Arizona,Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites gold master 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
secure site

To the TreasureNet.com Community,

My name is John Gonzalez and I wanted to make an announcement and confirm that the site has been sold. Let me assure you that we absolutely love this site. I watch the daily finds forum religiously. The banner finds here have so much history and amaze me every time I think about how awesome it is that members on this site are out there finding treasure and we get to hear about it and read about it. I'm amazed every time I see someone write up an awesome how-to post for tweaking your settings on a metal detector, to panning, etc. We have no intention of doing away with all the things that make this site awesome. It's the community, you guys, that make it what it is.

We do have plans to upgrade the site though. When we first took ownership and moved the site to our brand new ultra beefy server we did notice that there were a few database queries that were not optimized. We've optimized this software as much as we can and I believe the site is now running faster then it ever has before. I still notice some slowdowns though, mostly related to some flash apps running on the site causing my CPU to load up. We are going to try to remove those moving forward as well. We also believe that switching the forum software to vBulletin which is a software we are familiar with will help us grow long-term.

We are in the process of that conversion right now. But we did not want anyone to lose any functionality with the site... so we are taking the conversion process slow and making sure that all the custom coded scripts, features, etc. get moved over. There will be a bit of growing pains as there always is with any type of change but I feel confident that within a few weeks of the conversion the community will like the newer software better.

There has also been a recent issue with Charter Memberships not being assigned. We are working on that as well. Everyone who paid should now have their membership levels. If you do not, PLEASE send me a PM and I'll take care of it right away. The current system is NOT fully automated so someone has to manually bump you up. This leads to delays. The newer system will fully automate this.

Please feel free to ask any questions you want in this thread and I'll be happy to address them. We have a team of members on the site and they will chime in as well and any one of us should be able to help out.
Why wont you keep yuor site secure.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are you referring to, the pad lock in the address bar or the fact it is http:// and not https://?

Since no one is transmitting credit card numbers or financial data there is no need for https.

Last edited:

dotread

Greenie
Apr 14, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for taking the time to make this kind of announcement, it is good to be aware of what is happening in our space.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread