Sterling Baby Spoon & Lion Drawer Pull

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I braved the elements, and went back to the same area, that produced the compacs from yesterday. Got real windy for a bit, made it almost unbearable, that is till I started to find silver coins...They were far and very few in between.... I managed a nice watch fob that has a horseshoe going around the edge of it. All I can make out is the word HORSE... I need help with that one... got 2 silver quarters, and then out pops this baby spoon with a curled handle... Bang... its sterling to boot... wow that one made my day... I thought that Pirates were the only ones to curl the handles of spoons and forks to fit their thumbs?.... Then I got a baby fork.... not sterling for this one, but I will take it... There was a lot of targets, but mostly brass and copper junk pieces... On the walk back towards the truck, I got this very loud signal up high near the marsh, I dug at least fifteen inches down into the sand and in the scoop staring back at me was this drawer pull... After looking at it for a moment I could make out the head of a lion....WOW.... some history there for sure... Just when I thought it couldn't get better... Never seen one like this... Anyone else.... Thanks for looking and happy hunting... snow tomorrow... no detecting...:( childs Fork.JPG DSC_0016.JPG For & Spoon (1).JPG For & Spoon (2).JPG For & Spoon (3).JPG For & Spoon (4).JPG For & Spoon (5).JPG horseshoe fob (2).JPG horseshoe fob (4).JPG Lion Pull (1).JPG Lion Pull (2).JPG Lion Pull (4).JPG Lion Pull (5).JPG Lion Pull (6).JPG spoon (1).JPG spoon (2).JPG Sterling Baby Spoon (1).JPG Sterling Baby Spoon (2).JPG

Upvote 0

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a great hunt today Leighton except for the temp, 20's plus wind chill.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
It was a great hunt today Leighton except for the temp, 20's plus wind chill.:icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft:
I agree, too cold but it was very fun... hey congrats on the standing lib quarter and silver dimes... good job... glad you walked back towards me... I would have got it...lololol hey can I have it? lolol

Fenway

Jun 30, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal II,
CTX 30-30, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
Thanks for the hunt today you guys. As usual, the wily veterans took me to school once again. Thanks for the lessons gents!

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Thanks for the hunt today you guys. As usual, the wily veterans took me to school once again. Thanks for the lessons gents!
you did OK... you will get faster and faster... forget that pinpointer... saves time by just spreading it out with the foot... I liked that little pin? and the ALA plate cool stuff...

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Very interesting find, Whydah!

I like that baby spoon.:headbang:

Lorraine

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
I think that's a WM Rogers ring spoon, I was just checking on a spoon I got today. Mines the 1825-41 eagle-WM ROGERS star spoon. Not much value but pretty neat.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
th_great_4.gif drawer pull is "Green Man"
neat group of finds - what are the others finding?

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ctbob

Mar 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go on some great finds. I'm curious, did you find these in the wet sand flats or deeper water?

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Way to go on some great finds. I'm curious, did you find these in the wet sand flats or deeper water?
mud area of a flat... every step almost sucks your boot off of your leg... and the stuff is deep...

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Found the same drawer pull back in November...in NJ at an old home site. Mine only shows the brass on the nose as I have not cleaned it. Yours looks nice!!

Attachments

• lionshead.1.jpg
    lionshead.1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 153

Mainelypulltab

Aug 26, 2011
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Very nice finds, congratulations to the whole crew, sounds like some nice finds in addition to what was pictured. Regards Dennis

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Found the same drawer pull back in November...in NJ at an old home site. Mine only shows the brass on the nose as I have not cleaned it. Yours looks nice!!
awsome Debby... congratulations on that one...any idea as to the age?

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
All looks good! Congratulations.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread