What's new

Sterling Baby Spoon & Lion Drawer Pull

Whydah

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
1,917
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Today I braved the elements, and went back to the same area, that produced the compacs from yesterday. Got real windy for a bit, made it almost unbearable, that is till I started to find silver coins...They were far and very few in between.... I managed a nice watch fob that has a horseshoe going around the edge of it. All I can make out is the word HORSE... I need help with that one... got 2 silver quarters, and then out pops this baby spoon with a curled handle... Bang... its sterling to boot... wow that one made my day... I thought that Pirates were the only ones to curl the handles of spoons and forks to fit their thumbs?.... Then I got a baby fork.... not sterling for this one, but I will take it... There was a lot of targets, but mostly brass and copper junk pieces... On the walk back towards the truck, I got this very loud signal up high near the marsh, I dug at least fifteen inches down into the sand and in the scoop staring back at me was this drawer pull... After looking at it for a moment I could make out the head of a lion....WOW.... some history there for sure... Just when I thought it couldn't get better... Never seen one like this... Anyone else.... Thanks for looking and happy hunting... snow tomorrow... no detecting...:( childs Fork.webpDSC_0016.webpFor & Spoon (1).webpFor & Spoon (2).webpFor & Spoon (3).webpFor & Spoon (4).webpFor & Spoon (5).webphorseshoe fob (2).webphorseshoe fob (4).webpLion Pull (1).webpLion Pull (2).webpLion Pull (4).webpLion Pull (5).webpLion Pull (6).webpspoon (1).webpspoon (2).webpSterling Baby Spoon (1).webpSterling Baby Spoon (2).webp
 
Upvote 0
wow, bunch of nice finds guys!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom