What's new

Still Winter here but . . .

T Witko

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
432
Reaction score
727
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
We've still got a lot of Winter to get through here, but yesterday the temperature hit 36° - shirt sleeve weather. I decided to check to see how much snow was still covering the site we hunt and to my delight there were areas where the snow was gone. I spent about an hour looking - first finds of 2013.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20130212_141223_222 (1024x576).webp
    IMG_20130212_141223_222 (1024x576).webp
    262.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_20130212_141302_175 (1024x576).webp
    IMG_20130212_141302_175 (1024x576).webp
    84.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20130212_142312_562 (1024x576).webp
    IMG_20130212_142312_562 (1024x576).webp
    242.8 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20130212_142359_931 (1024x576).webp
    IMG_20130212_142359_931 (1024x576).webp
    57.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20130212_142330_391 (1024x576).webp
    IMG_20130212_142330_391 (1024x576).webp
    73.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20130212_142459_469 (1024x947).webp
    IMG_20130212_142459_469 (1024x947).webp
    95.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20130212_142924_494 (1024x576).webp
    IMG_20130212_142924_494 (1024x576).webp
    260.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20130212_142937_994 (1024x576).webp
    IMG_20130212_142937_994 (1024x576).webp
    84.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20130212_142954_480 (1024x576).webp
    IMG_20130212_142954_480 (1024x576).webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20130213_075503_882 (1024x576).webp
    IMG_20130213_075503_882 (1024x576).webp
    109.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20130213_075742_037 (1024x576).webp
    IMG_20130213_075742_037 (1024x576).webp
    102.3 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0
pretty good for less than an hour
i knew i should have drove over there yesterday
that clear petrified wood scraper is nice
 
Good Morning neighbors! Rub it in, rub it in! Nice finds Kelly. :thumbsup:
 
Kelly, is the piece in your 6th pic petrified wood?? Nice finds.
 
larson1951 said:
pretty good for less than an hour
i knew i should have drove over there yesterday
that clear petrified wood scraper is nice

Larson, you just answered my question to Kelly. I should read threads in entirety before I ask questions. Lol
 
Nice Finds! I can not believe that you have dry ground admist all the below 0 tempatures. I know you guys had more moisture than us, but you probably had a lot of wind to blow it off the fields into the field edges.
 
Well I went by the field and saw nothing but foot prints in the snow. I guess you beat me to it. Haa Way to start another great season. Looking forward to what you guys turn up this year. Turn it deep this year and hit the edges. Nice finds Kelly.
 
Nice finds! Nfortunately the ground is stil frozen here. Temps got to the upper 40's today but i couldnt get out. Snow and sleet tomorrow and now hey say two snow storms next week and one is gonna be a whopper. We havent had much of a winter is year but i am ready for spring.
 
Nice scrapers. I like the colors you guys pull out of that field.
 
Larson, you just answered my question to Kelly. I should read threads in entirety before I ask questions. Lol

Yeah, what Steve said. I try to a photo of it with all the dirt cleaned off next time we get some sun. It's an amazingly clear piece of petrified wood.
 
Nice finds! Nfortunately the ground is stil frozen here. Temps got to the upper 40's today but i couldnt get out. Snow and sleet tomorrow and now hey say two snow storms next week and one is gonna be a whopper. We havent had much of a winter is year but i am ready for spring.
Nice Finds! I can not believe that you have dry ground admist all the below 0 tempatures. I know you guys had more moisture than us, but you probably had a lot of wind to blow it off the fields into the field edges.

Thanks, and yes there is some bare ground on the site. There's still about a foot of snow around the perimeter but the higher midden areas are dry. The ground is also still very frozen except the very surface. The conditions are great for February in ND.
 
If 30s is short sleeve weather what are the temps in the summer? Going to be 50s here this week. Swimming weather? lol
 
If 30s is short sleeve weather what are the temps in the summer? Going to be 50s here this week. Swimming weather? lol

If it hit 50 here today, people would be walking around in shorts, tank tops and sandals. We'd probably be doing some swimming too if the lakes, rivers and streams weren't frozen. lol - Normal summer temps here are in the 80's but it's not unusual to get a few weeks in the high 90's or 100+.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom