What's new

Storm points

arrow86

Silver Member
Joined
May 6, 2014
Messages
3,377
Reaction score
4,083
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Shore Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This nor’easter storm we had sucked for me I am a line tech for cable company so it’s been crazy trying to repair all the damage but one good thing that came out of it was I had to go help out another shop close to where I grew up so finally when I got freed up yesterday afternoon I went and hit a few fields it started raining and was almost dark by the time I got there but still found a few decent things.
I found this sweet quartz point it’s almost complete just missing the smallest chip off the tip.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470060.584097.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470078.535981.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470094.322904.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470107.987086.webp
Found another quartz point I have found another one before almost identical to this one I believe the type of point to be a Hellgrammite but not positive if anybody has any guesses please chime in
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470436.690932.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470449.839949.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470464.442274.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470480.526143.webp
This rose quartz base was a heartbreaker Iv never found a complete point made from it before
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470550.312471.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470564.476409.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470574.517761.webp
Also found a few brokes ...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470605.131737.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470613.834444.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470623.370128.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470634.600819.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470646.500820.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470655.252050.webp
This last piece I think is really cool I would just call it a chopper I have found these before that you can tell are worked but still rough but this one is really nice the edge on it is unbelievable how sharp it is.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470802.662077.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470819.748051.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470832.864336.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470853.915333.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470874.749491.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470887.983232.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1520470901.934142.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Amazing finds arrow. Congrats. Keep posting pics like that and you’re going to make me and John skip work tomorrow and hit the fields.
 
Wow on that 1st point you found it has a real nice shape to it. I dont find many nice quartz points here like that if any.
 
Now that's a pretty quartz point
 
Beautiful quartz(ite) finds!
 
Wow on that 1st point you found it has a real nice shape to it. I dont find many nice quartz points here like that if any.

You would think having such a basic shape that it would make it easy to identify the type but I haven’t really found anything yet. There’s a few types that are close but none of them have such a straight square base
 
You would think having such a basic shape that it would make it easy to identify the type but I haven’t really found anything yet. There’s a few types that are close but none of them have such a straight square base

Any cortex on the stem?
 
Nice finds. I find quite a few "choppers" like that as well. Like you, its amazing how sharp they still are.
 
Any cortex on the stem?

No , no cortex left anywhere on the point , as far as the flaking it’s one of the nicer quartz points I have found it has a feel to it much like flint does
 
That last piece would be the find of the day for me. I always like seeing big cores where they drove off the flakes for tools or used it as it. The one thing every culture started with. It will display well. Nice hunt and glad that storm is over for you guys.
 
Nice finds! I especially like the first one. Great condition and well made. I, too, am curious about the typing. I find similar. You had a great day!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom