Strange Copper Ring

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this ring today. Appears copper. On the smaller side...maybe a women's ring. The writing/symbols on the front have me perplexed. Looks Chinese, but, not sure. The background behind the symbols/writing is a Jade green color, which leads me to guess the ring has something to do with the Chinese culture. Found in a spot dating back to the 1800's. Thanks!

Joe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bump. Anyone have a clue? This thing's driving me NUTS! Can't find any info online :cross:

Joe

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait more than one day before spamming us with your advertising?
With over 800 post you might have learned some manners by now?!
apparently NOT!

Who in the HELL are you, buddy?!?! I've been an upstanding member of this site since 2009, and I bump ONE post (the first in probably years) and I have YOU jumping down my throat?! Who died and made you Queen of Tnet?! Way out of line, Mr. Authority, lol. Next time, bite your tongue & don't post anything, if you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation ;)

P.S. - To everyone else (aside from Queen TreasureNet, above), thank you for your ID!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Macabrehorror6

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok you have me hooked! I keep trying to translate the symbols, now I need to figure them out. Lol this should be fun

Upvote 0

Macabrehorror6

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The picture shows a view of this Old Unused Metal Target Comics Chinese Good Luck Premium Toy Ring. This ring was offered as a premium throgh Target Comics in the 1940s. It was also offered in old magazine ads and by the Johnson Smith novelty catalogs from the 1920s through the 1950s. It may have been used for a premium or prize in other ways as well. We do not read Chinese, but supposedly the characters mean: Health, Happiness, Prosperity, and Prolonged Life. Inside it has the letter ''U'' with an arrow through it. It appears to be made of aluminum and it has an adjustible band. To judge the size, the area with the characters measures about 9/16'' x 3/8''. It is in mint unused condition as image.jpg

I see I am too late with my info.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The picture shows a view of this Old Unused Metal Target Comics Chinese Good Luck Premium Toy Ring. This ring was offered as a premium throgh Target Comics in the 1940s. It was also offered in old magazine ads and by the Johnson Smith novelty catalogs from the 1920s through the 1950s. It may have been used for a premium or prize in other ways as well. We do not read Chinese, but supposedly the characters mean: Health, Happiness, Prosperity, and Prolonged Life. Inside it has the letter ''U'' with an arrow through it. It appears to be made of aluminum and it has an adjustible band. To judge the size, the area with the characters measures about 9/16'' x 3/8''. It is in mint unused condition as View attachment 839832

I see I am too late with my info.

Old Unused Metal Target Comics Premium Chinese Good Luck Toy Ring | eBay

Somebody mark SOLVED please

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread