Strange problem - peek a boo text

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
When I post a message in the Message block ( this one) all goes well till I get to the bottom of the block. When I attempt to continue past the bottom of the block the text does not automatically scroll down. It does at first then begins to bounce back and forth while I am typing. It goes back up into the message block, above the line of the block and then back down to the text I am typing. Very annoying.

Let me add that I can scroll down below the bottom of the message block OK but when I begin to type any text, the bouncing begins and the text I am typing goes below the line while I am typing. Playing peek a boo with me. LOL

For instance, where I ended the post with "Ray S", I can hit the enter key and scroll down several lines into a blank area, then begin to type. After I type each letter, the letter will appear then disappear below the bottom of the text block. This also occurs if I use the bar on the right to move down beyond the current text. Very Odd.

I do not know if this is related to IE8, that I recently updated to, or to some other problem.

Any suggestions on what I might be able to do to correct this problem?

Thanks,

Ray S

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
SWR said:
Try running TreasureNet in the "compatibility view" and see if you have the same symptoms

Compatibility view is now on.
checking for the problem.......

Scrolling....

It looks like the problem is gone. WOW. Thanks for the info.

Just what does 'Compatibility View' do? ( I know it makes it compatible. lol) I mean what changes when this is turned on?

Really appreciate the info. Many thanks.

Ray S

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
I also been having this problem - it's aggravating!

I'll try the "compatability view" thing...

Scrolled down and typed with NO issue... thanks SWR!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am running Windows VISTA 64 Bit and the "compatibility" icon is just to the right of the address space; on the left side of the "refresh" icon. It's icon is of a piece of paper that is torn across the middle. When you click it, you'll get a quick message bubble telling you you that you are now using the compatibility function on this site.

That damn "peekaboo" typing was running me NUTS, too. ;D Each website you choose to run in the combatability mode, will run like that everytime you return to the site, unless you empty your "History" and "Temporary" folders. You do not have to reselect the mode. :thumbsup:

The "Compatibility" tool was necessary because the newer Windows codes are not FULLY backward compatible as, say XP was to 95.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ok, this is a known bug in IE8. (NOT this forum :icon_thumleft: )

I've implemented a work around, so everything should be hunky dory!

Sorry this took so long.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread