What's new

Stupid winter

Ok I'm a bit obsessed w detecting, ya never know, I can snag some of that Carolina silver!

Next winter cjon...we should all head down and pillage Carolina Tom's spots lol!
 
Next winter cjon...we should all head down and pillage Carolina Tom's spots lol!

Tha'd be a good trip. Let's do a raid on Charlotte!
 
the snow has reduced me to slumming around under bridges...

IMG_4875.webp
 
Going out tomorrow 45 sat and sun I knpw the woods are good places in the winter the leaves keep the ground from freezing most of the time.
 
Snow was almost gone and I didn't get out in time for a hunt. Now I'm getting another snow storm as I write this. The only good news for me is all next week looks nice and warm with some rain in the mix. It should completely hammer the snow and thaw all the ground! [emoji106]
 
Hey its gonna be Sunny and in the 60's here this weekend. Road trip

Same here, about to load up the truck now with the MD gear and then heading out shortly to my parents house in Union. Gonna hit an old school this afternoon for a couple hours in the 60 deg warm sunshine!! Good luck to all who can get out there!
 
Ground is frozen like concrete in my normal spots. I will take to the woods with heavy leaf cover and hope for an ox shoe. I can always walk a few streams and look for points. Hurry up Spring!
HH to all.
 
Most of my nicer finds came from woods.So much easier for someone to lose something.Only problem around here is all this development,pretty soon won't be any woods left.
 
Found one small square nail, half a log grapple (I think it's modern) a .22 shell casing and a steel ball, maybe a ball-bearing. Thought it was a musket ball until I saw the bright finish under the grime. Still good to get out.
 
Our weather here in Illinois has been great, & my hunting partner has been digging right along. My problem is its been since Nov. 18th for me, because on Nov. 25th I had rotater cuff surgery, & last week I had my knee scoped for a torn Meniscus. On the mend though, & will be ready for Spring.
 
Spring? What is that? We (Far SW Colorado) had finally melted down to 10" or so left on the ground then received 12" +/- the last 2 days and now it's snowing again. Think by May we'll be able to see the ground again.
 
It was starting to look good in Wisconsin and then this...
IMAG2421.webp
 
Same here in Idaho. About a foot plus in the front yard. More in the outlying areas.
To make matters worse, my new MD just arrived today. There are a few bare patches in the snow that I picked up targets that showed two Dimes and one Quarter (and some trash). I though that I could at least dig these...Wrong, the ground is still firmly frozen:BangHead:

John
 
The water here has everything flooded in Tennessee. Water is squirting out the top of mountains and we are not even in the rainy season yet. I am sure cold and snow is much worse.
 
The water here has everything flooded in Tennessee. Water is squirting out the top of mountains and we are not even in the rainy season yet. I am sure cold and snow is much worse.

Get out there while the ground is still wet, better sensitivity. Hope the flooding does not get too bad. Maybe you can find some washed out areas with some nice pieces that have been buried too deep in the past. Strike while the iron is hot :thumbsup:

John
 
I am way further North than you guys and I have been detecting since early February and have found 9 old coins and a silver ring!....No snow on the ground to be seen. That's global warming for ya!.....
 
What is sad is buying an Avalanche, a cabin cruiser, a speed boat and having them all covered with snow and all my dive gear put away for months. I took my cruiser out of the water in October and it was just dripping tears. Sure I dirt fish, but bring on the warmer water!!
 
I don't even count on it being spring for at least another 30 days, and even then we could get whomped with snow.
 
Move to the south! Sunny and 60deg here today, none of that white crap on the ground all winter long either. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom