What's new

Sundays finds

GroundS.KeepeR

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
872
Reaction score
213
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Sunday's finds

Paint bowl ??
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    471.4 KB · Views: 131
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    437.2 KB · Views: 117
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    521.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    428 KB · Views: 106
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    473.6 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice finds! Can you take a dry pic of the bowl directly straight on the indent? I would like to see if it shows grinding or not.
 
Rock,added the picture you wanted..you need a better pic ,let me know.thanks
 
No that one is good enough I believe. Now lets have the bowl experts look at it.
 
Question: how did they hollow out the inside of the pots..how can I tell they were man made...
 
The rock looks porous to me. Could be natural or as someone suggested a cupulet used to rough up an antler for knapping. But I do not think so. Looks natural to me they may have had a use for it…:dontknow:
 
Thanks for helping out. If it was used it would be very smooth on the inside where the hole is at from grinding.
 
The rock looks porous to me. Could be natural or as someone suggested a cupulet used to rough up an antler for knapping. But I do not think so. Looks natural to me they may have had a use for it…:dontknow:

i have to agree on that Tn

i like that first implement it looks to me like a perforating tool or some type of graver
 
Jim Suter Cap rock for a spindle.Nice finds.
Yesterday at 4:35am · Unlike · 1
This is what else Jim suter also came up with...thanks guys. I'll keep it with my collection....
 
If you all have a Facebook page...you should check out artifact addiction ..lotta good stuff on there..
 
I actually got invited on to that page I stayed for I think two days.
This is just my opinion and my own feelings but I've never seen more modern made artifacts being portrayed as ancient and many of them unfortunately have the owners completely fooled. I was kind of disgusted by the whole thing... There was enough misinformation flying around there to make my head spin.
After being told I did nothing but steal the photos of my own artifacts from the internet and lied about them being mine I quit
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom