Super Bowl Champs

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
One of the best SB's of all time.

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a Pats fan, the first three quarters were tough to watch, especially while my friends and family bugged the crap out of me. What makes Brady who he is, is that today he looked very defeated through out most of the game, (I have never seen him get sacked so much lol) but he never quit.
I don't know, was it the greatest comeback of all times? Or the greatest choke of all times?

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
my mother agrees the best SB in a long long time
she called EXCITED I WON I WON, im like whoa
she is 80+ and has a defib/pacer, scared the hill
out of me, its all all good though
she took her winnings from her nfl playoff bet slip
and put it on the overtime odds she said it was just
a hunch and is a few K $$ richer, so happy for her

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch one football game a year and that was it.

Great game.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a life long dolphin fan but I tip my hat to brady. He is a true champion, cool calm and collected. Seems like everyone in the Bahamas was pulling for atlanta so I was catching a lot of flak from everyone, but in the end 5 out of 50 of us were the only ones cheering. Also I took my hat off and placed it on my heart and stood for our national anthem, I was the only one at first but in the end at least 15-20 bahamaiens also stood with me. It was a nice gesture.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an unwritten rivalry between NY and any team from tthe New England Area. Yankee fans hate Boston, Basketball fans hate the Celtics, , etc.
I was kind of rooting for the underdog and was in disbelief over how Atlanta was rolling over the Patriots. Brady is 39 years old and took a beating during the game. He deserves the records and awards he has compiled over the years. Congrats to the New England Patriots and to Tom Brady.

mlutz

Dec 20, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was indeed a great game!!! I am not sure if the falcons rolled over or the Pats just kicked it into overdrive, but it was incredible to watch.

Blak Bart, We were at my favorite watering hole which had set up a good size Super Bowl party. When the National Anthem cam on, the whole place was silent, all that could, stood up and all hats were off! We do live in a military town and quite a few in there were active duty or retired so that makes a bit of sense. It was awesome to see the place dead silent for the anthem.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
That was one hell of a drive the last five minutes 4th quarter for the tie!

Love him or hate him, Brady is the Michael Jordan of quarterbacking.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
There is an unwritten rivalry between NY and any team from tthe New England Area. Yankee fans hate Boston, Basketball fans hate the Celtics, , etc.
I was kind of rooting for the underdog and was in disbelief over how Atlanta was rolling over the Patriots. Brady is 39 years old and took a beating during the game. He deserves the records and awards he has compiled over the years. Congrats to the New England Patriots and to Tom Brady.

Raiders fan since Jim Plunkett days, so I've no skin in the game.

My young son (5) was rooting for atlanta because they were winning when we turned the game on in the 4th. I explained Brady is regarded as the best QB of all time and don't count him out, he may yet prove it.

By the end my son and I were both a Brady convert! He's a joy to watch. The rest of that team too. True Champions!

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That catch by Elderman was the play of the game. Unbelievable catch. probably the catch of the year, if not ever. lol
I think the stage was just to big for the Falcons. I think they may have gotten a little to relaxed

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tell me about it. Big Giants fan here.

I was SO happy to see Atlanta rolling over you-know-who, and sorely disappointed by Atlanta's loss (which I attribute to those two enormous screw-ups Atlanta made, one of which was that 'sleeper hold'), but you-know-who mounted an amazing turnaround, and earned my grudging respect. ;)

beerguy

Bronze Member
May 6, 2004
Camano Island, WA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,
Many more on a rotating basis.
Park Ranger and Pack Mule pouches by Freeloader!
I am a Seahawks fan, so I was pulling for Atlanta.

Once it became clear that the Pats could make a comeback, I wanted to see it.

Brady should retire, that was an exclamation point for his awesome career.

He has nothing more to prove, he has his health, all the money in the world, and he would be forever remembered by that game.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a Pats fan, the first three quarters were tough to watch, especially while my friends and family bugged the crap out of me. What makes Brady who he is, is that today he looked very defeated through out most of the game, (I have never seen him get sacked so much lol) but he never quit.
I don't know, was it the greatest comeback of all times? Or the greatest choke of all times?

The Radio Guy's just asked the same Question.
IMO It was a bit of Both.
I never really liked NE But last Night they Earned my Respect ..Yes Including Tom Brady.

My Ulcer Hurts Today.
Go Braves!

P.S. Questionable Play calling did not help. ???

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a Seahawks fan, so I was pulling for Atlanta.

Once it became clear that the Pats could make a comeback, I wanted to see it.

Brady should retire, that was an exclamation point for his awesome career.

He has nothing more to prove, he has his health, all the money in the world, and he would be forever remembered by that game.

TB Please Retire , 39 y/o , heck I'm 45 ,46 in May. Even at 35 ..I could not have seen myself playing Soft Ball let alone NFL Football . 6-12 Hours in the Woods Detecting is all I can take. 12 hours only when the Finds keep the Adrenaline Flowing.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
LOL!!!

Today was a hoot.

After blowing a 28-3 third quarter lead, the Failcons were looking for a way to top it ... and I guess Mattie Ice found it --- throwing the NFL's first "Butt Pick" interception!

Think this was one of my absolute favorite Saints games ... maybe better than their superbowl win in SB LXIV

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a life long dolphin fan but I tip my hat to brady. He is a true champion, cool calm and collected. Seems like everyone in the Bahamas was pulling for atlanta so I was catching a lot of flak from everyone, but in the end 5 out of 50 of us were the only ones cheering. Also I took my hat off and placed it on my heart and stood for our national anthem, I was the only one at first but in the end at least 15-20 bahamaiens also stood with me. It was a nice gesture.

Just wanted to remind people about the part of my post about standing for the anthem. They stood silent for my countries anthem and they didnt even have too. Says a lot about people's since of respect. It was a proud moment and I cant believe where we are now !!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For all you guys who can’t metal detect for more than a few hours without getting pooped out tired, may I recommend a good book, full of motivation and health advice to sustain peak performance....
1394D86C-4A4D-4296-9D7C-222B4CFFE8A3.jpeg

Merry Christmas!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions