Swamp Gold

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ECS likes to harass me. Maybe he might not think that is what he is doing, but I do. When I get pushed, I push back harder. As far as him being a great researcher, I agree that he is. As far as interpreting what is found, he can be a little biased in favor of his own arguments or stance. This is human nature, we all like to be right. I am not so much putting down ECS for being a researcher as much as I am tired of being told I do no research of my own. I was up in a New York library digging for facts in old newspapers years before computers existed and made it soooooooooo easy.

Of course it would be great if I found treasure, wouldn't we all like to. The difference is some of us are actually trying and others aren't and only want to make fun of the doers. I only get mean when I am provoked. Go to
ANY of my posts throughout T-Net and you will see. I am kind of like a rattlesnake. I will warn you to not mess with me and if you keep it up I will strike out at you.

No I am not ignoring history. I have stated time and again that I don't claim to know where the possible gold at the "Cloud Mountain" site came from. This isn't ignoring anything. If I stated that I knew where it came from I would be told that I was wrong and I should just believe what ECS or others say is the facts. NONE of us was there back then. You are all just guessing. As far as things go ECS and others think I am wasting my time as there is no gold there to be found. Who is ignoring who here?

Thanks for the help Salvor6 but you will have better luck if you just beat your head against the wall as that is what these guys make me want to do.

Maybe I should stay off of this thread as I don't want to cause problems or come between ECS and BCH in their "like" affair.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Okay, I missed that part. I'm glad your out there pursuing your dreams. Not many people can say that. Regardless of the outcome, you did and still are trying.
1000 feet

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Does Mindspark know where it came from? I just thought it would be more interesting and less controversial if you could tie such a huge amount of gold with some past historical event.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
BTW I am tired of struggling to post here at the new TN. Its not the same since the takeover. I am now working on my own website. I have already reserved the domain name bigcypresshunter.com. I have many interesting Everglades stories to tell. The Swamp Gold thread will stay here at Treasurenet for now but I may eventually move it to my new site and edit out all the bickering.. Its just become too long and hard to follow..

Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
1000 feet-distance from I-75 that Mindspark says the old map showed hidden gold. 1000 miles-distance from Alligator Alley that I was on a RESEARCH trip recently involving another treasure story. I am not going to put Mindspark and I's conversations on here at this time. We are still in the middle of it all. He does talk about ammo kegs with coins that would weigh around 800+ pounds. Everything he has said seems to bolster my story.

You all don't seem to realize how little gold it takes to make up a large amount of poundage. I have said this before but will I will say it again. Take your hands and hold them 12 inches apart. Picture a square cube this size. If it were solid gold it would weigh over 1200 pounds. It would not take much imagination to picture this amount of gold be transported and /or hidden. Why is this so hard to believe?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
You all don't seem to realize how little gold it takes to make up a large amount of poundage. I have said this before but will I will say it again. Take your hands and hold them 12 inches apart. Picture a square cube this size. If it were solid gold it would weigh over 1200 pounds. It would not take much imagination to picture this amount of gold be transported and /or hidden. Why is this so hard to believe?
Its not so much hard to believe but I would like to see historical facts supporting it. In the beginning of this thread we had nothing but treasure book lore. I suspected cattle money. The first break was the posts by Mindspark on the other thread. Then Bramblefind located the 1940s newsclippings. Bramblefind is a great researcher ask anybody. She works mostly with ancestry records.. The next break was when ECS discovered the diaries of soldiers themselves.

As far as your 1/2 ton I dont think anybody has been working on it because I think its a different legend. I hope you find something like we did. And as you explained it probably doesnt matter. You will have your show.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS likes to harass me. Maybe he might not think that is what he is doing, but I do. When I get pushed, I push back harder. As far as him being a great researcher, I agree that he is. As far as interpreting what is found, he can be a little biased in favor of his own arguments or stance. This is human nature, we all like to be right...

Maybe I should stay off of this thread as I don't want to cause problems or come between ECS and BCH in their "like" affair.
Harassing you with historical facts? Are you not yourself biased with your own arguments and stance?
Maybe you should stop polluting every thread you go on with your blatant flagrant self promotion for a TV show pilot that may or may not see network airtime.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Lets have a truce. Let him promote his TV show. He has been working on it for years. We dont know what he may have discovered.

"Harassing you with historical facts?" you got to admit BDD thats funny. BTW I like anybody that can help me discover historical facts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
lets hav a truce guys

ECS, his half ton of gold is more than likely a different legend.

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BCH,

Glad to hear about your new website, I've followed your posting since I blew an Id on the finds forum, and have learned a lot, mostly some humble pie for not researching properly. Look to follow , since your input and research is logical and makes sense. Thanks.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
BCH,

Glad to hear about your new website, I've followed your posting since I blew an Id on the finds forum, and have learned a lot, mostly some humble pie for not researching properly. Look to follow , since your input and research is logical and makes sense. Thanks.
I have learned a lot myself. I had to learn to use a computer to ID my find and that is how I joined TN in 2004. Its still not IDed but the internet is an amazing research tool. One thing in particular I learned it that there are people that actually read what we post.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Maybe there is no legend, it's just a bunch of gold buried in the ground. Maybe somebody forgot to file the paperwork on it.
What came first the chicken or the egg lol. :laughing7: One thing I learned about wild turkey hunting in the swamp. You cant hunt turkeys if there are no turkeys in your section of the woods, no matter how hard you try.

Its always been the first rule of treasure hunting to find out where the treasure is most likely to be.

In other words you need to find where the turkeys are most likely to be living and then try to call them in. No matter how hard I try I cant seem to call any turkeys in my back yard. I wonder why?:icon_scratch:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Maybe there is no legend, it's just a bunch of gold buried in the ground. Maybe somebody forgot to file the paperwork on it.
OK Im not interested in arguing with you and I wish you luck in your TV episode. I have a feeling it will be interesting and entertaining.

But let me get this straight. Ovid located gold with his dowsing rod from many miles away. You were brought to this location on the Indian Reservation. Are you saying that a dowsing rod actually determined not only the metal composition but the depth and the amount of gold as well? Just asking to clarify.

Can you explain how a dowsing rod was able to determine the weight?

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OK Im not interested in arguing with you and I wish you luck in your TV episode. I have a feeling it will be interesting and entertaining.

But let me get this straight. Ovid located gold with his dowsing rod from many miles away. You were brought to this location on the Indian Reservation. Are you saying that a dowsing rod actually determined not only the metal composition but the depth and the amount of gold as well? Just asking to clarify.

Can you explain how a dowsing rod was able to determine the weight?

I am not interested in arguing either. We have a MAJOR network interested in the show.

For the record it was not a dowsing rod, it was a pendulum. He actually carried a bag with him that had about 20 different pendulums. He would ask questions in his mind and the pendulum would swing a certain way to give him the answers that he sought. The answers have to be available in the collective consciousness of our thoughts. In other words I don't think he could ever dowse the answer to a question like a future winning lottery number. BCH-I don't expect you to believe any of this unless you have seen it work with your own eyes. Myself and others put Ovid through some extensive testing without him knowing he was being tested. He passed. Believe it or not.

Ovid had heard the stories of gold in the Everglades and lots of other legends and tales. He learned to dowse from the "Duke of Pahokee". The Duke lived in the town of Pahokee which is on Lake Okeechobee. A link is on this thread somewhere about the Duke. I am sure the Duke knew of these stories. I don't have all the facts as to what happened between them or anything else that may have happened in the distant past.

I am hoping to go after my version of "swamp gold". I want to make it part of the show. I have nothing to hide. I have lots to gain. It is somewhat amazing as to what I have seen and learned since joining T-Net about a year and a half ago. I have at least a half a dozen people/techniques/methods/devices to bring into play that I have not used yet. We are going to be concentrating and learning on another location before I attempt anything in the glades.

As I have said before, if you really want to try to learn or understand dowsing you should take your questions to the dowsing forum and ask nicely while keeping an open mind. Experience is the teacher, seeing is believing.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Im keeping an open mind. I dont like visiting the dowsing forum because there are too many frauds. I prefer to stay here because I have you to answer my questions. . Did the pendulum tell Ovid the amount of gold?

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Im keeping an open mind. I dont like visiting the dowsing forum because there are too many frauds. I prefer to stay here because I have you to answer my questions. . Did the pendulum tell Ovid the amount of gold?

There are frauds everywhere. I don't remember the exact details of everything Ovid told me about this particular treasure. In my memory he was looking for the location of 1000 pounds of gold. I think the two guys that were with us had a book that also mentioned 1000 pounds of gold. If there is gold at the 'Cloud Mountain" location I would be happy to find 10 pounds. I know I keep repeating this but it does not take a large physical size of gold to add up to a lot of weight. I also remember the story said it was being shipped to England.

As I have repeatedly said there are so many versions of gold being hidden in Florida that I am not going to say that I know which ones are true and which are just made up stories. If we find gold, maybe we will be able to tell some of its history and maybe not. It depends on what it may be buried in or what is buried with it. It could be coins, bullion, bars or who knows what. Let's just say I am convinced enough of this location to go through a LOT of trouble to try and recover it. Whether or not I ever end up owning any of it is not really that important to me. It would be nice but I am not obsessing about it.

For the record I have proven that I have psychic abilities from time to time that make me convinced of certain things. I am not always right but I am usually right. I have predicted future events on numerous occasions and been right. I predict that I will eventually be involved in digging up treasure at "Cloud Mountain. It may end up being a pile of silver. I could deal with that. There is a lot more silver waiting to be found than gold. It also gives off a stronger signal. I was told once "silver screams and gold whispers".

BCH-I think you have stronger dowsing abilities than you think. I have seen you do it with accuracy. I don't miss much. I will let you figure it out. PM me if you remember it.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Its true you dont miss much BDD. But I miss a lot. I have too many things going on at one time. Myself I havent even read this entire thread. I have been visited by Federal law enforcement officers that were concerned about what was written here but Ill tell you what... I dont even remember! Someday I will go back and read it all because I truly dont remember everything that is written on this thread..

Maybe Ill edit it down for my site. Im waiting on my brother he is the computer expert. He tells me I have interesting stories to tell and I should start writing them down. Not necessarily about treasure. My site will not be a treasure site. Just stories about the swamp.

Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Its true you dont miss much BDD. But I miss a lot. I have too many things going on at one time. Myself I havent even read this entire thread. I have been visited by Federal law enforcement officers that were concerned about what was written here but Ill tell you what... I dont even remember! Someday I will go back and read it all because I truly dont remember everything that is written on this thread..

Maybe Ill edit it down for my site. Im waiting on my brother he is the computer expert. He tells me I have interesting stories to tell and I should start writing them down. Not necessarily about treasure. My site will not be a treasure site. Just stories about the swamp.

The hardest thing is just getting started. Take it a little bit at a time. Write down each of your stories, they will start adding up. I got a program for my laptop. It was one of the Dragon series. I would talk and the computer would print the words. The software has come a long way. Talk is cheap and easy. Get started. It took me a long time before I finally decided to write my book myself. I got it done. You are one of the few people that have had the chance to read it. I am assuming you did read it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread