Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Congrats on the Tejon! I had both the Vaquero and Tejon, I loved the Tejon, enjoy! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
John (Ma) said:
Congrats on the Tejon! I had both the Vaquero and Tejon, I loved the Tejon, enjoy! :icon_thumright:

I could not help but notice that you dont have either one in your list anymore did you get rid of them? ,,,and buy minelab ?

just curious.

art

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Tejon does go a bit deeper being more sensitive which can mean more targets to sound off on. I like mine and there are times I wish it was waterproof like the AT Pro. I like the double disc setting and VCO.

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Sandman said:
The Tejon does go a bit deeper being more sensitive which can mean more targets to sound off on. I like mine and there are times I wish it was waterproof like the AT Pro. I like the double disc setting and VCO.

Thanks for the reply sandman,, cant wait to get out and try it!!!,, dont really know much about the vco and its benifits,,but maybe you can enlighten me!!!
thanks again

arthur

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I sold the Vaquero a while back, as I like the Tejon much better. I just sold the Tejon as I do not do much relic hunting anymore. Though I am worried that I'll regret it, this will be the first season without it! We will see, once you give it a chance and learn the language, you'll learn to love it. Who knows, I may end up with another by the end of the season. :coffee2:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you use the pinpoint mode you get a higher tone the closer you get to the sweet spot on the coil.

The Tone control allows you to adjust the tone for your liking, as some people like to hear a low tone and other a high squeak. Turn it into VCO mode and you get a tone all the time that goes up in pitch the closer you are to the target and also tells you how shallow or deep it is by its pitch. You'll see all this when you play with it. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
John (Ma) said:
I sold the Vaquero a while back, as I like the Tejon much better. I just sold the Tejon as I do not do much relic hunting anymore. Though I am worried that I'll regret it, this will be the first season without it! We will see, once you give it a chance and learn the language, you'll learn to love it. Who knows, I may end up with another by the end of the season. :coffee2:

Thanks for the reply John,, I hope I like it half as much as my vaq.,,,

art

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Sandman said:
When you use the pinpoint mode you get a higher tone the closer you get to the sweet spot on the coil.

The Tone control allows you to adjust the tone for your liking, as some people like to hear a low tone and other a high squeak. Turn it into VCO mode and you get a tone all the time that goes up in pitch the closer you are to the target and also tells you how shallow or deep it is by its pitch. You'll see all this when you play with it. :thumbsup:

I will have to play with it a little ,,,,thanks for the pointer!!!

arthur :coffee2:

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
thump7 said:
Sandman said:

not to mention that it will pick up an item 10 times smaller in vco mode than disc. so when you are fumbling around digging a hard signal on a 22. lead, turn it into vco mode and it sounds off great (loud). Also hear of a lot of people claiming to find deeper items in vco.

Thanks for the tips guys!!!

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Tejon likes to run in all metal mode with the disc knob turned counterclockwise past the click. When searching in all metal you'll hear the threshold hum. The Tejon is very sensitive when you run it like this. It will go deeper and pick up tiny things. The only downfall is the site has to be fairly clean to run it like this.

-Swartzie

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Looking forward to seeing what you "pull from the depths" with the new machine buddy!

If you have the 10"x12" H.O.T (DD) by Tesoro on your Vaquero - wait till' you put it on the Tejon. It truly will be a depth monster... :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
DD-777 said:
Looking forward to seeing what you "pull from the depths" with the new machine buddy!

If you have the 10"x12" H.O.T (DD) by Tesoro on your Vaquero - wait till' you put it on the Tejon. It truly will be a depth monster... :icon_thumright:

Took it out yesterday and put the 5.75,coil on,, and it was going very deep with that little monster on it,,its a whole differant beast than the vaq. for sure,, thanks for the reply and will keep ya posted,,, maybe I will look for a big D.D.????

arthur

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread