JohnChase1989

Feb 13, 2013
Oregon City, OR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tell me your guy's opinion on this...

To keep my wife from getting into trouble I must be vague but to put it plainly a person she assists at her job as a N.A. He found out she's Jewish and gave this too her....... image.jpg

Is it real or is it fake, he bought it at auction. I was not clear but that's no reason for insults.
This man did not give it to her to offend her, he gave it to her because its a part of history that is predominant when it comes to the Jewish faith.

Last edited:

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
Portland, Oregon/ I travel
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
V3i xlt dfx gmt mxt f75 Exp SE ace 150 Umax etrac goldmaster coinmaster Cz-5 Cz-3D Goldengate 3D BH 300 ctx 3030 jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To keep my wife from getting into trouble I must be vague but to put it plainly a person she assists at her job as a N.A. While she's in school found out she was Jewish and gave this too her....... View attachment 863028

Im sorry....whats the question?

Hi from sw pdx

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WW2 Luftwaffe peaked visor hat insignia. If you guys don't want it, send it to me.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Ad she gave it to her, why?

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think it is pretty awesome. History from either side would still be a significant part of her heritage. :icon_thumleft:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the person who gave it to her doesn't understand the significance of it? People are pretty ignorant nowadays. With that said... what does the back look like? Any marks? Might not even be authentic.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: is the question ,

should she feel insulted ?
???

sure

but it is a

German Luftwaffe cap device that should sell very well on Ebay

Last edited:

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my opinion would be that jewelerguy is right and that it is a hat insignia. What exactly did you want an opinion on. You gave just a couple facts. your wife is jewish. someone gave her a Nazi hat pin. and you don't want her to get in trouble ? ..

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
JohnChase1989

JohnChase1989

Feb 13, 2013
Oregon City, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It was not directed at jewlwerguy at all. But I will watch the language.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
JohnChase1989

JohnChase1989

Feb 13, 2013
Oregon City, OR
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haha thanks, I thought it was a pen because as a kid I had a pen made from a casing. It was when I started, I'm not ashamed of that. Thanks for watching my videos

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all I can say is COOL ! Nice of him to give her a gift :thumbsup:

Looks like one day she can pass it on or sell it.
I don't think she should be rude & sell it before
he Dies.

If she feels it was inappropriate, perhaps if he has relatives she can check
with them on IF they are OK with it, Or if it perhaps has special meaning to the Family :dontknow:

As for it's original Significance, It's not going to jump up & smother her in her sleep,
It's just an inanimate object. it can't even make people Think things they don't want to.

As for getting upset over an ID & Swearing ??? it was not really necessary :(

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All, please stop the insults and watch the language.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cmbohio

Jul 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why is it so offensive to use "cuss" words. who gave a word such power that it is a bad word ? I think that is ridiculous. all words have proper uses and none should be considered "bad".................."There are no bad words. Just bad thoughts , bad intentions , and WORDS"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why is it so offensive to use "cuss" words. who gave a word such power that it is a bad word ? I think that is ridiculous. all words have proper uses and none should be considered "bad".................."There are no bad words. Just bad thoughts , bad intentions , and WORDS"

I absolutely Agree with you cmb_ but it is offensive to some
& since we are a World Wide Forum and try to be Family friendly
things are what they are

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok back to the subject... you haven't answered a single question asked of you by other members or myself.
Are you just asking for an ID on the object? As stated by jewelerguy it is a Luftwaffe EM/NCO Visor hat eagle
Are you asking if she should be offended? Sure unless... see reply number 8
Are you looking for a value of the thing? modest, it's a common item. $25-$50 IMHO if it's authentic.

It would have went on a hat that looks like this-

attachment.php

Here is some info on it-

On its inception on February 26TH 1935, the Luftwaffe adopted most of the uniform items of the earlier DLV, Deutscher Luftsport Verband, (German Air Sports League), its civilian forerunner, including the visor cap. In March 1935 the earlier, "Tellerform", saucer shaped, caps were replaced with a new, "Sattelform" cap with a higher front peak and an oval shaped top. The Luftwaffe pattern national eagle was originally introduced for wear by Fliegerschaft, (Pilot Base), personnel of the DLV, Deutscher Luftsportsverband, (German Air Sports Association), the clandestine, civilian, forerunner of the Luftwaffe on August 18TH 1934 and was officially adopted for wear by all Luftwaffe personnel on March 1ST 1935. The original first pattern national eagle was utilized until a, slightly modified, second pattern national eagle was introduced in late 1936 or early 1937. Regulations dictated that the national eagle was to be worn on almost all headgear and on the right breast of almost all uniforms with a few minor exceptions. Along with the introduction of the "Sattelform" cap a new winged wreath and national tri-color cockade were also introduced and were utilized by all ranks until the end of the war. Officer's ranks generally utilized hand embroidered cap insignia as opposed to the stamped metal visor cap insignia as generally utilized by EM/NCO ranks

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry, but here in our forums cursing is against our rules and is not allowed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

khamsley

Mar 7, 2013
Middle Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2. Garrett ACE 150. Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with Treasure_Hunter. Lets keep it civil. Who knows how many young people who may be interested or new to the hobby will read this. Keep the bar talk in the bar. Just saying.

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
apparently, someone took offense to my original reply? if that is the case, I apologize as no offense was meant. I replied to this thread right before leaving for work, so my words were short and to the point. to be honest, I didn't really understand the original question.... I don't know if they were asking what it is, or if we found it offensive towards a person of Jewish faith or what. so, I simply meant if the thing offends you, send it to me. I have studied WW2 history for most of my life with my main focus on the European theater. I love WW2 relics as long as they are genuine.

at the risk of making some people mad, I'm going to go ahead and say this..... I don't understand why everyone gets uptight at the sight of a swastika. and NO, I do not in any shape or form condone what Hitler's regime did to millions of people of any religion. at the time, the swastika was Germany's national symbol just as Old Glory is ours. the Germans relied heavily on symbolism to restore and maintain national pride, so the swastika was found everywhere and on everything.

Some countries have 'banned' the use of the swastika. it can't be shown in any form. in some countries, even model kits of WW2 German aircraft can not include the tail fin decal and the artwork on the box can not display it. now to me, that is ridiculous. so, they make a model kit that is historically inaccurate. what the nazi regime did will not go away by censoring it. by trying to forget it, it causes it to be ripe to happen again some day.

one day, while I was detecting the foundation and yard of a home that had been demolished, an elderly gentleman from next door came over to inquire if I was finding anything. I turned my machine off and we sat on the old porch and talked about different things. I told him of my love of history and studying the whole WW2 era because the sheer magnitude of the global conflict fascinated me. he told me that he was a WW2 veteran who saw combat at the end of the war and spent over a year in occupied Germany basically in police duty. I told him that I personally felt that the average German soldier and citizen were never aware of the genocide their government was conducting. his reply was this.... "I want to shake your hand.... you are the first person in my life who has ever said that. the German people and former soldiers who I watched over were absolutely shocked and horrified that their own government could commit such atrocities. they had been lied to from the very beginning of Hitler's reign"

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread