What's new

Teller sells me rolls with writing on them "65-67, 1968" Update

ringding

Hero Member
Joined
May 5, 2006
Messages
692
Reaction score
26
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Teller sells me rolls with writing on them "65-67, 1968" Update

At one bank the teller said they had $130 of half dollar rolls in the vault. I had only $120 on me. She brings out the rolls and I could see writing on a few of them such as 65-67. Could it be true? I asked if I was able to scrounge up another $10, could I buy the remaining roll? Suddenly the teller changes her story and said that that was all of the halves. hmmmmm
Anyhow I opened the rolls and the one marked 1968 had all 1968 halves in it. Another roll was solid 40% silver. The other marked roll had 18 - 40% silver halves in it. Some of them looked to be uncirculated. Wahooo

Found a 2006 kennedy in one of the other rolls.
 

Attachments

  • Jul25.webp
    Jul25.webp
    2.4 KB · Views: 346
Upvote 0
Re: Teller sells me rolls with writing on them "65-67, 1968"

Oh yeah, that's the way to do it! Congrats!
 
Re: Teller sells me rolls with writing on them "65-67, 1968"

Congrats RD. Gotta love that! Someone turned in a collection. Very nice snatch.
 
Re: Teller sells me rolls with writing on them "65-67, 1968"

One might wonder if the disapearing roll was marked 64.
Never the less very nice ratio of silver per $ searched!
 
Re: Teller sells me rolls with writing on them "65-67, 1968"

Great score!!!
 
Re: Teller sells me rolls with writing on them "65-67, 1968"

Now go back, and walk up to another teller, as far away from the first one as possible, and ask if they have any halves. Perhaps the other teller will say something like "Why sure...we have several hundred dollars worth in the vault!" and then go get you some, before the first teller knows what is happening lol.
 
Re: Teller sells me rolls with writing on them "65-67, 1968"

MalteseFalcon said:
Now go back, and walk up to another teller, as far away from the first one as possible, and ask if they have any halves. Perhaps the other teller will say something like "Why sure...we have several hundred dollars worth in the vault!" and then go get you some, before the first teller knows what is happening lol.
I lik eyour thinking. The mind of a true CRHer 8)
 
Re: Teller sells me rolls with writing on them "65-67, 1968"

<<One might wonder if the disapearing roll was marked 64.>>

Or if the missing roll was Ben;s? Marked "Franklins" or "pre 1964".

:-)
 
Re: Teller sells me rolls with writing on them "65-67, 1968" Update

I took the best halves from those rolls and compared them with the halves in my Whitman books with a magnifying glass. I ended up replacing my 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, and 1969 halves in the book with better specimens.
 
Re: Teller sells me rolls with writing on them "65-67, 1968" Update

Excellent finds! Congrats!

-CC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom