What's new

Telling about treasures?

Wildlifeliving

Greenie
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read on several places here on tn that people say that if they found a treasure/gold mine/gemstone of of substantial value they would hold thier mouth shut and not disclose it to anyone, it makes sence since the state want a piece of the cake. But some even say they would not disclose thier find here on treasurenet.
So the question is, would you do that, and if not why? And do you think there is anyone here on the forum that has found a treasure but has not disclosed it?
 
I don't show everything I find. I did find something in the back yard when we were putting in the new septic tank though :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • Cash.webp
    Cash.webp
    45 KB · Views: 132
I might say on here that I found something significant but no one or the Government will ever know what except a choice few! I don't need Internet Trolls or the Government trying to take a part or all of my' find which keeps me from shooting anyone that tries.


Frank
 
I think it's people with over-active caution levels, that have this "don't post your finds" notion. Same persons who perhaps think that "big brother" also monitors in on all our phone calls, and knows your every move, blah blah...

Because, look for a moment at the finds forums on any md'ing forum. They are RIDDLED with us hobbyists posting our trophies for show & tell right ? Even some valuable ones ! Yes, even some caches get posted from time to time.

So seriously now, you tell me: Do you *really* think some IRS agent is sitting around, trolling a today's-find forum, thinking "aha! Let's go after him for not paying taxes" ! Anything's possible, sure. But at some point, you have to leave your own front door in the morning. Despite all the things that "could" happen to you. Eg.: get attacked by a lion, etc....
 
...So seriously now, you tell me: Do you *really* think some IRS agent is sitting around, trolling a today's-find forum, thinking "aha! Let's go after him for not paying taxes" ! Anything's possible, sure. But at some point, you have to leave your own front door in the morning. Despite all the things that "could" happen to you. Eg.: get attacked by a lion, etc....

I worry more about ex-wives and deadbeat friends than I do the IRS :laughing7:
 
HEY!! Who you callin' a deadbeat?!?!? :sleepy2:
 
Find something big, brag about it, and the insurance companies and so called relatives come out of the wood work, and you have to fight to keep ownership. Then some lawyer ends up with most of it. You think you find loot from a stage coach robbery, instantly Wells Fargo wants their money back, and an unbelievable number of people will be related to who ever lost it or it was stolen from. Personally I don't talk much about where I hunt or what I've found, but I will post some finds on here, and I sure enjoy seeing others finds, so I don't want it to be a one way street.
 
I guess its the value that matters here. I wouldn't disclose something like a hoard of gold, but some coins from the forties, sure.
 
Telling about treasures- and clues...

I love it when someone starts a thread and wants to discuss the clues to the treasure.

"Let's all share our thought on the clues," or- "I don't have any idea, would you all please tell me your answers, mine don't seem to be working out very well..."

Another one, shipwrecks. "Can you all tell me where the missing shipwrecks are, the ones with all the gold?"

"Which beach hotel is producing the most gold?"

Has anyone EVER revealed all they have worked for because they felt compelled to answer a strangers post?
 
So seriously now, you tell me: Do you *really* think some IRS agent is sitting around, trolling a today's-find forum, thinking "aha! .

No, actually it is data mining, and this site is as full of information as easy as you and I sitting here reviewing threads The data mining system supporting this has been around for many years - just becomes more and more capable as time has passed. It's a multi-function system. If something you say or do triggers an action item, then within minutes they knew whether you have high blood pressure, who your friends are, and what your addictions are.

Just good things to know, you know?

I'm retired now, and some of my skivvies are wearing out. But nobody sees me anyway........
 
Unfortunately the greed of man is unending and because of that there are many searching for that which has already been found. I know of this. Keeping private 'finds' is the only true safe guard. It is a difficult thing to do particularly when you discover a truth that is disappointing. That is the first thing that asset managers will tell you, I'm talking about family fortune managers, to beware of the 3 F's, they will cause you the most harm and grief. They are Family, Friends and the Feds in that order. As soon as family knows of your good fortune the rest follows and so on and so on. As I said, its difficult particularly when your biggest disappointments will come from those closest to you. As a 'finder' you do have rights of course and the most important one is this: You have the right to shut up. Speak at your own peril.
 
I would tell my friends, not the internet tho. Who knows where the info is shared, thats how people make the newspapers sometimes then everyone finds out... like the couple that found that cache in california, how did the word get out? did they go to the newspaper or did a friend or relative tell about the story?
 
I've read on several places here on tn that people say that if they found a treasure/gold mine/gemstone of of substantial value they would hold thier mouth shut and not disclose it to anyone, it makes sence since the state want a piece of the cake. But some even say they would not disclose thier find here on treasurenet.
So the question is, would you do that, and if not why? And do you think there is anyone here on the forum that has found a treasure but has not disclosed it?

"Finding" a mine ,no I doubt this forum and divulging would be a priority.
Gemstones would inspire a ton of questions and a few tails probably.
Whatever other "treasures" constitute , try imagine being flush , and then peoples reactions.
The few that believe your account would likely be a minority. More may simply be suspicious while those who can locate you might want a cut , or at least info..it
Feel free to share though. Nothing wrong if you so desire and would be entertaining.
By free sourcing others might learn how to duplicate.
 
vault 3.webp
vault 2.webp
ATT00016.webp

Hey, you guys can keep my man cave a secret, right??:laughing7:
 
Man, talk about extreme! :laughing7:
 
Hey, you guys can keep my man cave a secret, right??:laughing7:

Okay, and we probably shouldn't reveal that you are never home on Thursday evenings between 8-11pm, or that the dog doesn't bite, the alarm is broken and the safe combination is R63k L31 R28 L55.

Mum's the word!
 
I've read on several places here on tn that people say that if they found a treasure/gold mine/gemstone of of substantial value they would hold thier mouth shut and not disclose it to anyone, it makes sence since the state want a piece of the cake. But some even say they would not disclose thier find here on treasurenet.
So the question is, would you do that, and if not why? And do you think there is anyone here on the forum that has found a treasure but has not disclosed it?

Hell yes... Finding a few hundred bucks worth of old gold coins is something someone might share... but not a few HUNDRED GOLD COINS if their smart. Especially if it wasn't on their property they wouldn't / shouldn't. Nothing but problems will arise. I'm sure it's happened.... :laughing7:
 
I agree with keeping major finds cloaked in secrecy.

Heck, when asked what I am finding by the looky-loos at a park, my answer is always ' a lotta junk and a few coins'.
 
Sharing finds, sure. Up to the point that doing so may cause alot of grief then the KVM rule kicks in.
I have said that if i ever find the "big one" you will know, i will post a pic of one and tell you it has friends, and disappear.....either i'm living the good life, or i ran out of data. :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom