I trade to some people on occasion. But like any business I do have to make some for my time and trouble.
I do fortunately have buyers for %40 halves but like all %40ers they do not carry a premium at all sadly But I need to get enough to make bags that fit the $100 to $1000 face value mark. But I can move them. I have to get what my asking price for the gold is in value for what I can get dump price for the %40ers. This works out well for CRH's as they get them for 50 cents each.
At current prices I can trade each 10th ounce for 41 %40 halves. This equals out to be about $205 face per ounce. This offer will change of course depending on the market but if you Email me and lock in I can honor a price, Just like I did for Silver_Fox and a few others.
Its an easy way for some people to convert bulky 40%ers to easy to store and sell 999 fine gold and for a coin that is going to be of a very limited mintage, after 2008 the die will be destroyed/re engraved. I doubt I will do more or less than 1000 this year, but it just depends on demand. At current only 90 coins have been minted. And about 30 have gone out into the world. I have been getting inquiries to minting up a few hundred, time and demand will tell. At the end of the year I will post the final mintage statistics so people will know exactly how rare there coin is!