fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Kentucky over the Thanksgiving weekend to see my brother and get a little hunting in. I don't think I did too bad overall. I got skunked detecting in the field but made up for it in my brother's collection. I was able to "dig" several bullets and a 1785 Conn. copper.
I was amazed at how clean the bullets were and the fact that they were tagged with an ID was icing on the cake! The two untagged pieces are a field cast round ball and a carved bullet.
We hunted a furnace that was used to make cannon balls during the revolutionary war but it has been used as a dump since then! All I got from there were two pieces of glass.
I did find a Kentucky tongue and wreath buckle at one site, but, I think I got the tongue to one and the wreath to another. :laughing7: I'll have to let my brother go back and see if he can find the rest!

Attachments

• Coin 1.JPG
    Coin 1.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 965
  • Coin 2.JPG
    Coin 2.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 969
  • Bullets 1.JPG
    Bullets 1.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 856
  • Coin 1.JPG
    Coin 1.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 958
  • Coin 2.JPG
    Coin 2.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 965
  • KY buckle 1.JPG
    KY buckle 1.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 998
  • KY buckle 3.JPG
    KY buckle 3.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 1,008
  • furnace glass 2.JPG
    furnace glass 2.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 912
Upvote 0
Thanks. I sure thought I would get banner votes for the buckle. Maybe it's because they don't match! :dontknow: :laughing7:

Haha, nice tongue and wreath...to think, I have found a few of those and tossed 'em! :laughing9:

Super sweet!

All the best,

Lanny

I think they are French.... "Vienna sausages" wreath and tongue buckle. Sounds kind Frenchy to me :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back