stratos

Mar 4, 2012
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi T netter's Well today turned out to be perfect. You see tomorrow is my birthday. So this morning my daughter (coil2soil) picked me up and we spent the whole day detecting. She has only been at this a few months, so I would put some distance between us, and sit and watch. She would go through the process of pin pointing, digging, using her pin pointer. She would always smile no matter what she found. I could tell if it was a keeper or not by what pouch she put it in. During breaks we would sit and talk about life in general. You know I could have found the jar of coins everyone is hunting for, and it would not have changed the joy I was already feeling. My treasure was already there, 5ft away head down watching the coil. My first penny of the day was a wheat, and it was my birth year. At the end of it all I had 2 wheat pennies, $1.13 in clad and a smashed ring. When I got home and opened it, there was the word sterling inside.

HH

Attachments

• 2 wheats,crushed ring.JPG
    2 wheats,crushed ring.JPG
    327.3 KB · Views: 105
  • 2 wheats-ring.JPG
    2 wheats-ring.JPG
    354.6 KB · Views: 110
Upvote 11
Sounds like you found Gold too that you'll always remember. Happy Birthday

Spending time and sharing experiences with your family metal detecting is priceless.

What a great time you had!
I'm just starting out and hope to get my little guy (11 years old) excited about going treasure hunting with daddy.
As you know, some treasures don't have to be dug up to be cherished.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Happy birthday and thank you for the best day. I had a great time digging, so much so I heard nothing but "beeping" in my sleep.

Great job, congrats. Your little ring is fixable if it is not cut up. It can be re-rounded, as silver is very workable. Sub8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back