What's new

The Body antenna.

lesjcbs

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2011
Messages
880
Reaction score
340
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Pocket dowsing L- Rods shown above. Whites Beach Comber, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II, Whites TM 808, Canon 350D EOS Digital Rebel XT DSLR Camera.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I read the other day in this forum about how to use your body as an antenna to boost transmitters to increase their range.


You will need two things: A car / truck that you can lock and unlock the doors from a distance with your remote key transmitter.


Now, go to a location where you can walk away from your vehicle and still see it. As you walk away from it, hit the key transmitter to find its maximum range to where it no longer locks or unlocks the doors. On my truck, the way I can tell is I can see the lights flash. Yours might do the same.


Next, while holding your key transmitter on your CHIN (Yes, on your CHIN), keep walking away and press the transmitter button from time to time as you get even farther away from your vehicle. Eventually, you will be way out there, but still locking and unlocking the doors.

When I did this today with my truck, the range of my key transmitter literally doubled.

Has anyone else done or know about this?


Les.
 
That low little power transmitter has no capability to use the body
as a transmitting antenna. If anything, the body mass will attenuate the
signal from the transmitter.

But then, weird things are known to happen...
bur2.gif~original
 
Last edited:
Using his method I extended my remote from about 3 feet to 20 foot. Good job Les.
 
Science Alert!

It is the water in your brain that causes this to happen, it is explained and demonstrated in this video by Dr Roger Bowley, a theoretician in Physics at the University of Nottingham.

 
... and you're now going to get a brain tumor.
 
Aart: I first read about it then went out into the desert to give it a try and reported my findings.

Now, to get it reversed to where your body is the receiver that picks up the signal from treasure in the ground when dowsing. OOPS, that seems to be already happening. Of course in Einsteins day, I don't think they had cars with remote transmitters to discover this. But none the less, he attributed the way dowsing works as being attached to our nervous system..
 
Last edited:
So now your gonna have folks putting dowsing rods on their chin walking around. Now that is gonna spook a few folks out.
 
Maybe a week ago I stumbled on a tv shop called Hacking something somewhere on Dish. They had a car with electric door locks and using a tape measure to be accurate walked until the remote wouldn't work. Then the went farther and put it on their head or somewhere (I was distracted).
By their tape rule they were able to extend the distance of the remote quite a ways.
My guess as the human body has capacitance, Working with the inductor in the remote the signal increased.
Body capacitance can be demonstrated with a pair of rabbit ear antennas and an old analog TV that's a ways away from a good signal. I used to mess around in my kitchen with weak signals. When I would pick the antenna up. out touching the actual rabbits, my signal would change fair to good. This is my rabbit ear attenuation theory.
 
My favorite Martian comes to mind.
 
You're just adding a reflector to your key fob. Instead of transmitting the signal all around like an Omni CB antenna, you're adding a reflector making it more directional like a beam antenna. A simple test is to hang a piece of aluminum foil behind your cable router about 3"s away from it. Check your signal strength with your phone or laptop without it. Then with it. You'll see a noticeable increase in signal strength. Just saved you some cash! Why buy a WiFi extender when you have a roll of foil? Dang! Now you got me thinking about adding a few directors & a reflector to my rods!
 
You're just adding a reflector to your key fob. Instead of transmitting the signal all around like an Omni CB antenna, you're adding a reflector making it more directional like a beam antenna. A simple test is to hang a piece of aluminum foil behind your cable router about 3"s away from it. Check your signal strength with your phone or laptop without it. Then with it. You'll see a noticeable increase in signal strength. Just saved you some cash! Why buy a WiFi extender when you have a roll of foil? Dang! Now you got me thinking about adding a few directors & a reflector to my rods!
So how would you add directors & a reflector to your rods?
 
So how would you add directors & a reflector to your rods?
A piece of wood yardstick would be a good choice I'm thinking. Cut the elements and stick them through. Give me some time to MacGyver a little. The only reason I brought it up was it made me think about the beam antennas I was building for WiFi. There's a ton of plans out there with cutting charts for the elements with spacing. The only critical part was the driven element. Look it up! You might be able to come up with a nicer design or would work better! Let us know what you figure out!
 
Place a piece of parabolic shaped aluminum foil behind the xmitter/fob and face the vehicle.
Marvin
 
Years ago on TV there was a Dowser that located a vehicle out in the parking lot that belonged to the key he was dowsing. He used l-rods and followed the signal between the key and the car.
I tested that same experiment many times, and a key does have a dowsable connection to its lock. Same as your house key dowses connection to your door. Out hiking aways from my car, when I didn't have a compass I would set my keys down, and Dowse my direct line direction back to my car.
I cannot explain why there is a symbolic dowsable connection between keys and their locks, but it's so. The connection does slowly wear off and go away during misuse, but it takes a couple days.
 
Years ago on TV there was a Dowser that located a vehicle out in the parking lot that belonged to the key he was dowsing. He used l-rods and followed the signal between the key and the car.
I tested that same experiment many times, and a key does have a dowsable connection to its lock. Same as your house key dowses connection to your door. Out hiking aways from my car, when I didn't have a compass I would set my keys down, and Dowse my direct line direction back to my car.
I cannot explain why there is a symbolic dowsable connection between keys and their locks, but it's so. The connection does slowly wear off and go away during misuse, but it takes a couple days.

BTW, The power that creates the dowsable connection between a lock and it's key, is the same power that creates a dowsable connection line between same Elements. Right now Dowsing power is off, so you cannot get positive results if you ran a test.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom