What's new

The "Like" button

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2007
Messages
7,808
Reaction score
779
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bradenton, Fl
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Does anyone else hate the "like" feature on here?? I don't really dislike it but I hate getting the notifications!
 
Sorry Debb. could'nt resist :laughing7:
 
I would guess with all the features you can just turn off being notified.

I too don't care for it. If someone "likes" my post that's fine, but I just don't read metal detecting forums in a way that I want to decide to like something and click to make that statement. To me it's just one of those unnecessary things that doesn't make anything better.
 
I would guess with all the features you can just turn off being notified.

I too don't care for it. If someone "likes" my post that's fine, but I just don't read metal detecting forums in a way that I want to decide to like something and click to make that statement. To me it's just one of those unnecessary things that doesn't make anything better.
It's a good feature if you don't know what to say about a find, perhaps you like the story behind the find....just a simple way of replying, but I to not keen on the feature.
 
reply

Does anyone else hate the "like" feature on here?? I don't really dislike it but I hate getting the notifications!


There must be a way to turn it off then. Because I never knew such a thing (as "notification") even existed. Because whatever-the-way my default filters are set, must be rejecting such a thing. So do this: next time you get a notification, right click on it (or whatever) and it might bring up a menu that allows you to mark such future emails as spam, rejects, etc....
 
It's a good feature if you don't know what to say about a find, perhaps you like the story behind the find....just a simple way of replying, but I to not keen on the feature.


In that sense you are right, it's better than having a thread full of one word answers. So I guess I do see some positive to it, but it's still something I could definitely live without.
 
In that sense you are right, it's better than having a thread full of one word answers. So I guess I do see some positive to it, but it's still something I could definitely live without.

Agreed
 
It's better than a ton of "Nice Find" posts.
 
Debby i liked your like post because like you I dislike the notifications. I really don't like getting them though i like it when someone likes my post. It's like, I made a positve contribution.

Lastleg hit the nail on the head. There are only so many ways you can say atta boy ( or girl!) So the like button saves a lot of typing in that respect. That is something I like.
 
Sometimes I wish there was an anonymous "Dislike Button". I think that could save a lot of bickering and arguing. When a poster sees his comments are not well taken and with no one (anonymous) to argue with. It's over.
 
I've noticed that the like button has picked up in the last year or so. Seems to be a coming of age of the facebook crowd
 
Personally I try to rack them up. Why not? life is a game to be played
 
Debby i liked your like post because like you I dislike the notifications. I really don't like getting them though i like it when someone likes my post. It's like, I made a positve contribution.

Lastleg hit the nail on the head. There are only so many ways you can say atta boy ( or girl!) So the like button saves a lot of typing in that respect. That is something I like.

I kind of have to agree with you. I do like to have comments, if not only to know that someone is reading what I might post.
 
well thanks for all the Likes! lol
 
I would guess with all the features you can just turn off being notified.

I too don't care for it. If someone "likes" my post that's fine, but I just don't read metal detecting forums in a way that I want to decide to like something and click to make that statement. To me it's just one of those unnecessary things that doesn't make anything better.


:silvermedalgreen:Thanks Iron Patch!! I just turned the notification off! yeah!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom