The Lue, In Utah?

Tuscoro

Sep 2, 2010
West
Some time in the early 70’s a friend of mine was hiking a bit North of Page when he came upon a cave, all around the cave and in the cave was strewn about remnant of an old camp, an old generator, radio equipment, a drop box ETC….All heavily rusted.

In the cave there were old manuals and such all written in German, My question is, what was the Germans doing in such a remote place at a time which would seem to be during WWII let alone in the west?

I couldn’t help but think about the Lue and the German twist to the story?
There are two old airstrips near this place; one is quite obvious it was used for the Movie set not far away, the other however appears to be a bit older with less use.

The German cave is not far from the old Ghost Town of Paria.

Tanelorn

Feb 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at work chatting with a customer and he told me when he was a child his father had found a German Spy camp in Utah filled with furniture (tables, chairs, bunks, etc.) and several books written in German on how to speak English. He told me that his father still had the book or books but has moved out of state. I am currently in the process of obtaining the German book titles, publication dates and pictures of the books and their contents. My first thought was the Lue map and the Nazi story The Lue map and the Nazi connection

Jack Straw if you have any pictures, location, insight or other information I would very much appreciate it.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was recently up that way, I was detoured up the 89a due to a road closure and came across some cool "boulder houses" at the base of the Vermilion cliffs!

No spies, or treasure but some great history, and wow,, what a stunning part of the county utah is!:thumbsup:

Weird liquor laws but I can live with that :laughing7:

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab 2300, Makro Golden Gate, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

Its not there. To find it you only have to use common sense.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread