The Pearl Ship

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's fun watching the old black & white Westerns, from Rawhide to Wagon Train to the great Warner Brothers's series - Maverick remains a classic (first time I watched an episode with our kids they didn't understand what had happened to the color) - and seeing stars of the future (and some from the past).

So many actors got their start on those shows! Rather like Elmore Leonard writing Western stories before he beame famous for his crime novels.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
Funny you mentioned Elmore Leonard's writing. Louis LaMore was a bit of a prospector/treasure hunter. He would do plenty of research for his stories. The Sackettes, The Comstoke Lode, Hangin Woman Creek to name a few. I wouldn't be at all surprized to find a clue or two in his stories.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Rodoconner, do you remember what was the name of this episode??
It is called The Legend.Episode 27.It's interesting in that it costars Michael Landon before Bonanza.I also saw Have gun will Travel where they find an Aztec Storage site in AZ.Those old TV writers did a bit of research.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

anzayounggun

Mar 16, 2015
state of jefferson
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter (For Now)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and good hunting Anzayounggun - pay no heed to the skeptics and naysayers, keep your eyes peeled and an open mind because you really never know just what you might find! Heck you might find a lost train robbery loot or armored car payroll that has been hidden in the sands, while looking for the lost ship of the desert. And don't forget to come back and tell us of what you found and your adventures!

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Well to update on my searches this winter. Lots of days out wandering tracking a couple leads. And lots of research into ships, pictographs and native American graffiti ;-) (totally facetious) haha. For ships lots of hiking no pearls or Viking shields. But got to see some awesome places and found a few good artifacts of early humans in the west. And such. Searching for native American sites turned up more questions than answers. Why some sites are where they are and possibly Spanish symbols around those sites. The meaning of the pictographs is so open to interpretation it's hard to nail down a answer but I found a few books and papers written that helped with research and meanings. Also the illusive other pictographs were so rad totally worth it. The search for metates and ollas was a impressive lots of good metates and one whole olla found but left in place for the next person to find and hopefully leave. Bummed but happy none the less with the winter and gearing up to go back to work up north.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gang,
Ok here we go again, but I PROMISE this one will be better... But remember this is for "entertainment" and although it is based in some fact, the studios will bend it to entertain... Just a FYI... I was part of a crew that filmed an episode about the Lost Ship for a show called Legend Hunter via the Travel Channel. It will be on next Friday/Saturday May 12th & 13th, I don't know if it will be online, but I would guess that would be after the show airs.... In this episode we talk about Juan de Iturbe and Vikings along with some others.... Here is the link for more info, hope you like it!!!

Thx!!
PLL

Klems

Jul 12, 2012
San Diego, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
PLL,

I was also part of the filming of that episode. I don't think they got any footage of me, but I was there to support some of the search operations.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The show is on TONIGHT!!!! Travel Channel Legend Hunters

legendhunter.jpg

Legend Hunter Pat Spain | Travel Channel

Klems

Jul 12, 2012
San Diego, CA
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I thought it was pretty reasonable. Some of the sensor data looked a bit all over the place and I'm not really convinced that one nail = the location of the lost ship. I'd have to see more remains. PLL, you did a good job with the story and told it very well in a condensed form. I think this was just a pilot episode, but hopefully they go on to do more.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx Klems!! I don't think the nail is from the ship, but I did state that "it could be, but it would need to be tested." I think they were looking for me to state it was from the ship, but I couldn't... I think the show was "entertaining" and was fun to work on...

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The mini ice age during that time made the area a lot more wet than in recent times. Texas was the same then wetter and some colder from 1300s to 1850. So say the experts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread