The "Peralta" Stone Maps --- On Their Own

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
By the way, fake news has been used as a tool for a very long time - one of the oldest tricks in the book. The most well-known training courses in its application are of course, The Art of War, by Sun TZU and The Prince, by Niccolo Machiavelli (who himself had a controversial relationship with the SJ). It may be hyperbole to state that everything you believe is a lie, but I wouldn't completely rule it out.

Speaking of fake news, here's a very interesting article I just read. It's pretty long but very well put together.

The literally unbelievable story of the original Fake News

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not believe that any Jesuit arrived home after the expulsion in 1767 with treasure, they were prisoners and were allowed to keep nothing

Gidday Amigo Alan rightly so.

However what Kanacki failed to mention is The date of that arrival Jesuits in Cadiz was in 1767 was before the official proclamation date of the expulsion Technically they was free to do so. ( No doubt when Jesuit assets was sized in Spain most if not all of that treasure was later taken from them after the proclamation.)

Here is another article from 1767. This was after the expulsion date. The King had grabbed a sum of 75 million of assets and money from the Jesuits. You will also read 2 Jesuits priest captured from Paraguay with treasure.

1767 newspaper article.jpg

Here is document of Templidors that was commissioned to dispose of the Jesuits assets. I have the inventories of each mission church collage. From money property and assets such silver gold church fittings. (South America) Sorry not Mexico or central America.

jesuit documents of templdors.jpg

Basically the Spanish Crown held a fire sale to raise money. It did not exceed expectations simply because there was not enough buyers able to pay for what they was worth. So many Jesuit operations was sold off lower than they was actually worth some was just left abandoned.

So in some respects the expulsion of Jesuits from South America was catastrophic economically for Spain in the long term.The Jesuit well run business operation fell into hands of people unable to manage them thus a blossoming sugar industry and wine industry on the coast of Peru all but collapsed.

I am not sure But suspect a similar fate happened with Jesuit holdings in Mexico? Many fell into disrepair and eventual abandonment?

How enough said my apologies as we are digressing away from the orginal topic.

Crow

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello Crow
your info ends the debate about Jesuit treasure, as it is clear that there was a lot of it. Nice post

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Speaking of fake news, here's a very interesting article I just read. It's pretty long but very well put together.

The literally unbelievable story of the original Fake News

Yeah, chicanery abounds all right. Try on the Warren Report or the 911 Commission Report for more. Remember the words of CIA Director William Casey back in '81: "We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false." ​Maybe he was just kiddin' ... right?

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Amigos....

While I know many have their hearts set of the Peralta stones being some magic coded Jesuit treasure directions? For me personally I cannot buy into that hypothisis. I cannot say for sure that there is no caches left by Jesuits or any in region to begin with? For me the stones are just side a show....From years of stories being polluted by many people with their 2 cents and 15 minutes of fame. Do not get me wrong many of the attempts in the past have been noble and interesting but they all seem like their chasing their tails. I see nothing productive riding the merry go round Amigos.

If the trio was in your wonderful part of the world I think more inclined to search known areas with historical silver and gold mining. Especially perhaps around the goldfield area and further south for wire native silver lodes in Southern Arizona. Both have less clouded historical information that might lead to a nice and valuable find. Arizona has long and proud mining history. And I am sure amigos that thirst for fortune and glory is in blood of many of you. So no shame in daring to dream.

As my raggedy old pirate of friend Crow says. Treasure legends amigo is a bit like a pole Dancer ya can look but cannot touch.

Stay Safe amigos.

Kanacki

Last edited:

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I find myself wishing those "maps" were real....then at other times , I'll be looking at picture of these "maps" and it appears like someone with a DREMEL bit did a great job, considering these "maps" don't look a day over fifty years old.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sometimes I find myself wishing those "maps" were real....then at other times , I'll be looking at picture of these "maps" and it appears like someone with a DREMEL bit did a great job, considering these "maps" don't look a day over fifty years old.
The first dental drill was invented in the late 1700’s, makes you think don’t it?

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Amigos

Ironic years ago the old Magma mine site and Magma Metals copper smelter the site in Arizona owned by Rio Tinto a company I had once worked for we was going to be part of exploration team on their leases.In the end we was sent Lihuir gold in New Guinea. Now there is still large areas of untapped copper resources around globe and eastern part of the superstitions.

I think shares in Rio Tintos Resolution copper project near Globe Arizona is under valued as present as they are still in the embryonic stages of planning. Copper prices are the highest since 2014.The copper market price will climb as it faces declining supplies and increasing demand coming from the electric vehicles sector, infrastructure and renewable technologies.

With uncertainty there has been a soaring demand all over the globe for base metals, rare earth metals and gold. Many uneconomical mines. Placed in mothballs of all of sudden became valuable.

Such Like century Zinc in Queensland Australia.Which was once the third largest Zinc mine in the world. Zinc prices have doubled as nations scramble for strategic resources. In 2016 the mine was placed in a trading halt. Shares was then 1.24 per share now climbed to 7.48 per share.

So dreaming of a fortune amigos?

Researching and investing in emerging markets mineral resources. While its true diversification will safe guard an investment portfolio however small will ride out the boom bust cycles of mining and will grow.

That and with high gold prices reworking old tailing of mines around Goldfield might be profitable if creeping urban sprawl have not consumed much of the historic mining areas.

Crow

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sdcfia

If your been searching for old mines down around the town of Patagonia Arizona?

18th-centry Spanish workings in the Santa Rita, Patagonia and Cerro Colorado mountains. A number of silver mines were set up in the Tombstone Hills, where deposits of argentiferous lead, silver chloride and silver-bearing manganese sat atop a 2-mile-wide mineralized belt that extended 30 miles from the Huachuca to the Dragoon mountains

A Mining company South 32 is trying to develop a greenfield Hermosa project near Paragonia. They have to address ground water issues? They have two tenements Clark and Taylor in which they had down exploratory drilling. Results have been somewhat mixed but reasonable returns on Silver 22-57 grams per ton, 6 - 7 grams per ton manganese and lead ore.

As for 2019, mine supply from the top three silver-producing countries, Peru, Chile and Mexico, all dropped in the first half of last year. Data collected from each country showed Peru’s H1 silver production was down 10%, Chile’s fell 7% and Mexico’s saw a 4% decrease from January to May.

With demand outstripping supply, silver is poised to do well this year. That, along with continued dovish monetary policies at central banks (including low interest rates), and the fact that silver is currently far undervalued compared to gold - at 86 ounces of silver to one ounce of gold (86:1). A ratio above 60 typically represents undervalued silver, while a ratio below 20 demonstrates undervalued gold. ( secret miners trick):laughing7:

With the gold-silver ratio out of whack, either gold must go down in value, or silver must go up. With whats going on in the world. I don’t expect the gold price to drop, but I do expect silver to gain, and move back towards the historical average gold-silver ratio of 56:1.

So perhaps amigo some more prospecting in that region could yield some interesting results.

These companies generally work to find they have proven deposit. Then form partnerships in a development project or sell out to a larger miner. And shares are high risk but if the projects is pulled off and up and running. Money can be made.

Some times shares crash. Some times stagnate and some times boom Baby. Gotta role with the punches.

So yeah there are opportunities around Arizona out there but it starts with small steps. Hell the trio wishes they had done that 40 years ago than 20 years ago. But hey it just goes to show old ordinary whipping drilling donkeys like the trio who busted their asses in various mining projects around the globe, can learn new tricks.:laughing7:

Crow

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Crow Amigo

Indeed if we only knew back then......But alas we like everyone else was brought up into an education System that trains you to be employees not employers....Trained to serve and take orders....

Even when we first started looking for treasure amigo we at first went through the mindset of an employee. It was only after the countless times we had been made redundant by these big mining companies we finally understood. There is zero rewards for loyalty with these mining companies. They will cut you throat with blink of eye if it saves them money. The day you think your indispensable is the day your expendable.,

The mining game is a dirty business. Which relies on one simple rule cost of extraction per ton must be less than ore retrieved per ton. They do not run these places at a loss and why because share holders hold the whip amigos.

And you would be cracking that whip too amigos if its your money at stake. And thus after burning your finger chasing such legends it is not surprising how quickly you become more studious researcher.

While some treasure legends can be a gateway to wealth one must never lose sight they must must be researched with the head and not the heart. Sadly even the trio has made that mistake as it is natural process. There is no value over obsessing over some thing that is not what you want it to be. You have to be clinical and move on and go where the facts take you.

For me the real treasure of Dutchman and Peralta stories are the legends themselves as it brings many people together to share in a common dream.

Kanacki

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my 2 cents of my 15 minutes of fame. The stone tablets are real maps to treasure, the Jesuit treasure of the church of Santa Fe.
The Horse map depicts three rich gold mines ( the dot in circle symbols ), but only one holds a part of the Jesuit tresure, and this is the lower mine in front of the Horse. I wrote o part of the treasure because the whole treasure is deposited in four different mines/caves.
The Priest map gives only additional info on how we have to proceed in regards to find the treasure which is at the end of the Trail, which is not the same with that from in front the Horse.
The Trail map shows a route in the field which leads to another part of the Jesuit treasure, and where its end is the Horse's heart, literally as wy can see the horse map.The lower mine in front of the Horse, which holds a part of the treasure, is depicted in the Trail map as the dot in circle symbol which is in the riddle " 2=3-... " and shows the exact place of the starting point of the Trail in regards to this mine.
But to find the other two parts of the treasure, we need the other stone maps which are connected to the same treasure, the stone Latin heart and the stone Crosses.
The Latin heart map shows the third ( how count them was only a choise of mine in this post ) part of the treasure which is located between the mine in front of the Horse and this at the end of the Trail, and we can see it depicted on one Cross map as " ORO " , in the place of CUEVA DEL SOMEO MONTANA on the other Cross.
Now, the fourth part of the treasure is depicted as a " dot over a hill " symbol in the middle of one Cross, and as TESORO DE IGLESIA DE SANTA FE on the other cross. This part of treasure is located above and between the first and the third, and is also depicted in the Trail map as the big hole ( black dot ) with a small dot beside.
On the cross map is also depicted on the right arm the lower mine in front of the Horse, so on this map are depicted the three of the four parts of the Jesuit treasure of Santa Fe.

Have a nice weekend.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stone maps solve updated. Image of how the stone maps stand in regards to the Horse map.

Stone maps updated.jpg

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
There will be money to be made investing in mining. Gold miners will do quite well due to devaluation of the US$, but IMO there's more upside in the silver game, since its current value has been artificially depressed by the futures markets. For every ounce of physical silver sold and delivered to buyers, 500 ounces are merely paper bets (no physical sale) and price is manipulated by Wall Street. As demand for the metal accelerates do to increasing technology usage, the value of silver may begin to approach its historic price ratio compared to gold - 16:1 or 20:1. Base metals? Not my gig as its demand depends more on world politics.

Mexico, South America and the USA mine about 60% of the world's silver and are considered the safest risks politically. Some of my current favored silver mining companies include Fortuna, MAG, First Majestic, Endeavor, Pan American and others. Most successful silver mines operate underground on high-grade deposits of 200-500 ounces/ton silver at a cost of about $15+/- per ounce of recovered silver. Most of these companies recover significant ounces of gold to boot. That Patagonia venture wouldn't be on my short list, but that's just me.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Sdcfia

I would agree with you in part in regards to newspapers.

But from experience newspapers predating 1850s are generally more truthful in their reporting albeit with the information they receive. After 1860 newspapers exploded and journalism has been going down fast in effort of tabloid information to sell papers. The reason for this explosion of newspapers was rising literacy of the population. Then we can come into agreement after the 1860s became more and more a tool to influence public opinion. While it is true even from the days of Egypt there has been political spin. Napoleon was a master to name a few. After Napoleons failure in Egypt he went back to France had painting glorifying him in battle and had a returning parade. But in truth he had fled the disastrous battle of Nile leaving his troops to rot in Egypt. So yes I can agree

However in 1767 at the time of printing about 99% of world then general population was illiterate. So for an manipulation tool for any deep state to control the masses as you envisage is a pretty poor one. But the same could be said about any official written document can it not?

The fact of the matter that was reported in 1767. That was stated and believed at the time of Jesuits arriving home with treasure. If there was a statement of bias against the Jesuits in the article it would of been some rambling monologue of how the evil Jesuits conspired to rebel against the King of Spain? Yes I would agree with you.

in fact as you can see only a very brief mention. So not the Spin as you suspect amigo.

Another factor that I and the rest of the trio concluded. We have other reports of Jesuits fleeing with treasure in 1767.

Kanacki
you have the correct idea but the pattern is in the wrong order .. when Cortez was hunting for silver mines in AZ but at the time it was known as part of Sonora .the date i have is 1536-1537 ..that's when Cortez came to the superstition mountains, but its a well known fact he went no where with out Jesuits with him . Cortez searched the area with no luck before he had gotten there they knew of his greed and had sealed the seven caves and the Jesus knew about this but the Aztec knew that the Jesuit were stealing for the mines ..that's what caused the death of the Jesuit and the destruction if their church ... this is what the Tayopa treasure trove lost is really about ..these sites are almost totally gone .. it took me thousands of hours to put the time lines and evidence back together ...so sorry your dates are to late .. it started a round 1524-1527...before 1536 and the Tayopa list was dated around 1603 ,but in fact the bell production in 1603 was after Tayopa had a changed its name to help hide its location ..when the bells were cast the mining town of Tayopa was more then 60-75 years old at the time its name was changed .. in fact ...it took as much as 10 years for Cortes to go from central Mexico to the Superstition Mountains , he had been buying up silver mines as he went threw those area . one account i saw said he ad as many as 29 before his trop north ...and to help prove my point it was stated the Tayopa silver mine was producing a huge amount ore and i know this to be true because i found wagon wheel marks cut into bed rock 6-8 inches deep at one of my sights ...so this reflects so well know folklore about the LDM as well ..back when the Jesus's were trying to convert the natives and the church was standing it was said the LDM vane was to dangerous to work because of the Aztec sacred seven caves , and when silver was found in the area ,they started working that ,and the risk of working the gold was to much and it was left as to not get the Aztec mad at the Jesuit.. this all builds up to the Jesuit being killed off and Spaniards ,and last but not least the Peralta ,by my search in to these events i felt the Peralta family had most likely been some of the marriages and deaths that were recorded by the church of Tayopa well before Cortez and well after his had past threw the area seek silver and gold .. the reason i know this is .i located the volcanic vent that blew gold dust all over the Village that once stood at the seven caves ..i will prove it in the near future i have 5 gold samples from the area and the vent ....so the fact is the legends are true . its a matter of how they fit together and when the time line is in the correct order ....

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I do not know where you get your information, but I have never read anything that remotely suggest that Hernan Cortez was ever in Arizona, let alone the Superstition mountains, maybe you mean a different cortez? Like AOC?

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There will be money to be made investing in mining. Gold miners will do quite well due to devaluation of the US$, but IMO there's more upside in the silver game, since its current value has been artificially depressed by the futures markets. For every ounce of physical silver sold and delivered to buyers, 500 ounces are merely paper bets (no physical sale) and price is manipulated by Wall Street. As demand for the metal accelerates do to increasing technology usage, the value of silver may begin to approach its historic price ratio compared to gold - 16:1 or 20:1. Base metals? Not my gig as its demand depends more on world politics.

Mexico, South America and the USA mine about 60% of the world's silver and are considered the safest risks politically. Some of my current favored silver mining companies include Fortuna, MAG, First Majestic, Endeavor, Pan American and others. Most successful silver mines operate underground on high-grade deposits of 200-500 ounces/ton silver at a cost of about $15+/- per ounce of recovered silver. Most of these companies recover significant ounces of gold to boot. That Patagonia venture wouldn't be on my short list, but that's just me.

Gidday sdcfia

Ya just about given old crow a heart attack. Poor old crow just about fell off his perch.:laughing7:

Did you mean grams per ton? First majestic operations averages from 200 - 671 grams per ton.

Pan American released an initial inferred mineral resource estimate for the La Colorada skarn deposit of 72.5 million tonnes, averaging 44 grams per tonne silver, 0.17% copper, 2.02% lead and 4.40% zinc, assuming a cut-off value of $60 per tonne after accounting for transportation, smelting and refining costs. I should point that is the values for just one of mines others could much higher?

I agree higher grade are better in the shorter term. But these high grade deposits are declining. Because miners concentrated on high grade deposits because of low prices of silver made it only profitable them to dig for high grade silver and leaving the low grade silver behind. Trouble is leaving the low grade behind is unprofitable to mine by itself. And when mining only for high grade silver under ground mining is viable especially after a certain depth when open cut is too deep.

My apologies I gave you the old early estimated figures. For South 32 Hermosa project.

South32 reported in accordance with the JORC Code (2012)
1guidelines at 155 million tonnes, averaging 3.39% zinc, 3.67% lead and 69 g/t silver with a contained 5.3 million tonnes of zinc, 5.7million tonnes of lead and 344 million ounces of silver.

So the value of the silver alone is worth
8.310015000.00, roughly 8 .3 Billion over the life on the mine. That is based on current 777 dollars per kilo. Not counting Zinc and lead values. Based on the tonnage the mine would process about 300.000 to 500.000 tons of ore per year depending on size and technology. Of course anything can happewn in the mining game.

Crow

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday sdcfia

Ya just about given old crow a heart attack. Poor old crow just about fell off his perch.:laughing7:

Did you mean grams per ton? First majestic operations averages from 200 - 671 grams per ton.

Pan American released an initial inferred mineral resource estimate for the La Colorada skarn deposit of 72.5 million tonnes, averaging 44 grams per tonne silver, 0.17% copper, 2.02% lead and 4.40% zinc, assuming a cut-off value of $60 per tonne after accounting for transportation, smelting and refining costs. I should point that is the values for just one of mines others could much higher?

I agree higher grade are better in the shorter term. But these high grade deposits are declining. Because miners concentrated on high grade deposits because of low prices of silver made it only profitable them to dig for high grade silver and leaving the low grade silver behind. Trouble is leaving the low grade behind is unprofitable to mine by itself. And when mining only for high grade silver under ground mining is viable especially after a certain depth when open cut is too deep.

My apologies I gave you the old early estimated figures. For South 32 Hermosa project.

South32 reported in accordance with the JORC Code (2012)
1guidelines at 155 million tonnes, averaging 3.39% zinc, 3.67% lead and 69 g/t silver with a contained 5.3 million tonnes of zinc, 5.7million tonnes of lead and 344 million ounces of silver.

So the value of the silver alone is worth
8.310015000.00, roughly 8 .3 Billion over the life on the mine. That is based on current 777 dollars per kilo. Not counting Zinc and lead values. Based on the tonnage the mine would process about 300.000 to 500.000 tons of ore per year depending on size and technology. Of course anything can happewn in the mining game.

Crow

Ha ha, my mistake, Crow - must have been feeling too optimistic! You are correct - the ounce/ton numbers should be 6-15. I might be a good promoter, eh? Remember what Mark Twain said about miners? Whee!

My lack of interest in the Patagonia project is primarily based on my personal biases, and certainly isn't meant to discourage others who have their own ways of looking at things. These biases include :
1) My age. For me, the project is likely too many years away from realizing recovery of the metals, particularly the silver, which IMO has a chance of a more rapid price rise in the closer future. Resource results from drilling programs can be impressive, but it's a long and expensive road to production. I'm into efficient, current producers.
2) The company's entire portfolio, which is primarily base metals.
3) Arizona. I prefer US jurisdictions in NV, AK and ID primarily.

By the way, for those who look long, check out the exploration company Aftermath Silver (AAGFF). They just acquired a documented 125 million-ounce silver reserve along with 750 million pounds of copper for $14 M in Peru. You can buy in for $0.69/share, and only 150 million shares issued. Granted, you likely won't see these guys mining anytime soon, but you might make good money on their stock if they can manage to sell out to a big player. That's 5-1/2 billion dollars worth of silver and copper in the ground.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Sdcfia

I see ya point with development times. And also being at a certain age. That point hit home amigo. Like a torpedo.:laughing7: Ya have plucked some feathers out of Crow with a big reality check.:icon_scratch:

Yes those projects can make big money but it time is our enemy. Lead in time for such big mining projects could take 20 years even some times longer. A lot can happen between then. So I see your point of existing silver mines meeting the existing increased demand by more efficient mining methods.

But dam you amigo it forced me to look in the mirror. Its not the hungry 30 year old I once knew staring back at me.:laughing7: Its some old guy with a big white bushy beard.:laughing7:

Where the hell did he come from?:icon_scratch:

Old Crow still thinks hes thirty?:BangHead:

Ya reminded me of mortality.

But I guess old habits die hard for this old pirate. Yet even thou very well off from all the projects I and trio has been involved with its hard to shut off. I am making money without even getting out of bed. I gamble in the casino every day because I am a risk taker. And still making money.

But I like to think I am a calculated risk taker. Just gotta roll that dice and find out what happens next? The share market is a risk but rewards can be high.

Here is lump of gold a mother lode from a mine in western Australia. I have had shares in. It would of been a world record nugget but broke into several pieces.

WA.JPG

When the mine face was drilled and basted 500 meters underground a whole rock wall fell away. whoooo ha.

94 kilos.jpg

Just to give some size perspective below.

A12.JPG

About 15 million bonus for the mine.

I suppose that expectation that drives people to search for lost mines and treasure amigos. That the big one is always around the corner.

Crow

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Gidday Sdcfia
... But dam you amigo it forced me to look in the mirror. Its not the hungry 30 year old I once knew staring back at me.:laughing7: Its some old guy with a big white bushy beard.:laughing7: Where the hell did he come from?:icon_scratch: Old Crow still thinks hes thirty?:BangHead: Ya reminded me of mortality.

Happens to all of us Crow. There's no way out.

... I suppose that expectation that drives people to search for lost mines and treasure amigos. That the big one is always around the corner.

Crow

The journey is often more fun than the destination.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread