The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, I find it interesting that you believe that Bark intentionally mislead the Dutch hunters from encroachment on his ranch. Bark himself filed the claim on behalf of the Petrasch brothers in Rogers Mining District.
What you are seeing in my post is the realization of what has been called fact, was in fact fabricated many years ago. I like your 95% B.S. theory but have no idea what grains of truth are in those old stories, hence revisiting old stories. What has me frustrated is the site has made it so we can not update older post to reflect more recent facts/photos. (wanted to redo my hunt and can not edit it, such as change from GE images to photos)
For those researching immigration's passenger digital lists:
Records document the beginning of mass migration from Europe, prior to the creation of Ellis Island. These earlier immigrants passed through the immigration center known as Castle Garden. As the country’s largest city and port, New York received more immigrants than any other city, with roughly 7.5 million people passing through Castle Garden. Passengers sailing from Europe to New York and traveling on to other cities are not listed. These lists represent only 20% of those sailing.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bark absolutely misled people. Actually it was for more reasons than those I stated. Many locals also told stories to magazines and newspapers that were complete BS to get erstwhile treasure hunters looking in a different part of the mountains than where they thought the LDM was. A trick as old as the hills.

Compare the number of stories regarding treasures and sites for the LDM that occur in the Western Superstitions against where most locals have always spent a lot of time (Peter's Mesa and Tortilla Mountain areas). I wonder how that happened?

Mike

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe...Just maybe...One day someone will get lucky and figure the witch out and find themselves a little coyote hole in the wall that does not seem all that impressive upon first glance...And they say that the Jesuits or Spanish were masters of the game of deception...Obviously they did not have Marines back then...hahaha...Oh well...I still believe in the old saying...It is where you find it...Heck I have been to the area depicted in the maps and I am not even certain I can return there...Good Luck to all those who seek any lost treasure tale...I sure wish I had a month and unlimited funds to take a true adventurer, or their designee on a real adventure...lol...That is if the price were right...

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe...Just maybe...One day someone will get lucky and figure the witch out and find themselves a little coyote hole in the wall that does not seem all that impressive upon first glance...And they say that the Jesuits or Spanish were masters of the game of deception...Obviously they did not have Marines back then...hahaha...Oh well...I still believe in the old saying...It is where you find it...Heck I have been to the area depicted in the maps and I am not even certain I can return there...Good Luck to all those who seek any lost treasure tale...I sure wish I had a month and unlimited funds to take a true adventurer, or their designee on a real adventure...lol...That is if the price were right...

Welcome to the club JW.
It's got a lot of members who also wish they could take a month off with unlimited funds to pursue their dreams.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck somehiker...I am retired with plenty of time off...What I lack are the funds...Maybe one day I can return to the hills and search for the little hole in the wall that my little silver ore came from...Who knows when God may be willing...Heck...If there were an investor who might be willing to make a trip and the price were right...My memory might be refreshed enough to remember how to follow the map to said little hole in the wall...ha ha ha...I am pretty sure I could probably make the trip to said hole in the wall, on my own, with around $3000...I don't think it is really all that much...Hell...I could probably return to where I found what I claim to be my Tia Juana with $1000...I am not in any rush...I get a kick out of reading ya'lls tales about your searches and such... lol

I really don't need unlimited funds...

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the club JW.
It's got a lot of members who also wish they could take a month off with unlimited funds to pursue their dreams.

Sterling Hayden the late actor was first a Master Seaman and later the author of a truly great book, Wanderer.

“To be truly challenging, a voyage, like a life, must rest on a firm foundation of financial unrest. Otherwise, you are doomed to a routine traverse, the kind known to yachtsmen who play with their boats at sea... "cruising" it is called. Voyaging belongs to seamen, and to the wanderers of the world who cannot, or will not, fit in. If you are contemplating a voyage and you have the means, abandon the venture until your fortunes change. Only then will you know what the sea is all about.

"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go. They are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of "security." And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine - and before we know it our lives are gone.

What does a man need - really need? A few pounds of food each day, heat and shelter, six feet to lie down in - and some form of working activity that will yield a sense of accomplishment. That's all - in the material sense, and we know it. But we are brainwashed by our economic system until we end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention for the sheer idiocy of the charade.

The years thunder by, The dreams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience. Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.

Where, then, lies the answer? In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?"

- Sterling Hayden

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sterling Hayden the late actor was first a Master Seaman and later the author of a truly great book, Wanderer.

“To be truly challenging, a voyage, like a life, must rest on a firm foundation of financial unrest. Otherwise, you are doomed to a routine traverse, the kind known to yachtsmen who play with their boats at sea... "cruising" it is called. Voyaging belongs to seamen, and to the wanderers of the world who cannot, or will not, fit in. If you are contemplating a voyage and you have the means, abandon the venture until your fortunes change. Only then will you know what the sea is all about.

"I've always wanted to sail to the south seas, but I can't afford it." What these men can't afford is not to go. They are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of "security." And in the worship of security we fling our lives beneath the wheels of routine - and before we know it our lives are gone.

What does a man need - really need? A few pounds of food each day, heat and shelter, six feet to lie down in - and some form of working activity that will yield a sense of accomplishment. That's all - in the material sense, and we know it. But we are brainwashed by our economic system until we end up in a tomb beneath a pyramid of time payments, mortgages, preposterous gadgetry, playthings that divert our attention for the sheer idiocy of the charade.

The years thunder by, The dreams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience. Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.

Where, then, lies the answer? In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?"

- Sterling Hayden

That is such beautiful writing. I just ordered a copy of the book to read.

I also try to live by that philosophy, to be careful not to allow too much clutter into my life. Books are excepted from this rule. :tongue3:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
That is such beautiful writing. I just ordered a copy of the book to read.

I also try to live by that philosophy, to be careful not to allow too much clutter into my life. Books are excepted from this rule. :tongue3:

My yearly Social Security statement showed a taxable income of zero for a period of ten straight years. Everything I owned fit into the back of my pickup truck during those years. That period was when I was an active and motivated treasure hunter. I've had and have a life that I'm very satisfied with, but those were the best years for me.

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a little something I find amusing

Heck I'm so poor I can't even pay attention much less pay to file for bankruptcy...Oh well...And I have you beat sdcfia...Oh well...Maybe one day my ship may come in...I just might find the treasure at the end of certain treasure maps...Or take a little trip to Reno...I don't think I'll go to Arizona anytime soon...As if I have solved the Peralta stones... One day you ldm seekers will know the truth behind those dang stones...I just might reveal it unto you...But I don't think it will happen anytime soon...I may even take my secrets to the grave...After all...I'm not getting any younger...Oh well...I guess we'll just have to wait and see... hehehe

And what does George Carlin have to do with any of all of this???I wonder if there is any such thing as a Carlin type platinum deposit???hahaha

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matthew

If Das Luca had a Witch map to begin with , that map would had to looks like this map ( modified from Sarge pics) . This drawing is a simple and codified map .

Mapa del Petra.jpg

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It cost very little to sail the world if the equipment you buy is quality. I departed the U.S. waters with $1500.00 American Dollars and was gone for three years sailing the Caribbean. My goal was to see a different beach everyday. While under sail you spend 0 dollars, so I spent very little time in port. Yes I made some money during that time, working on other American yachts, selling parts, and other odd jobs. Ports are just to restock depleted stores, not to hang out in and spend money. What I found was sailors that got to a port and spent time in town never departed that port till things went wrong. They would make a hasty retreat that was unplanned and then they got into trouble out on the water.

Wanderer was the name of H.C. Price's Herreshoff sailing yacht they lost on a reef in the pacific.
Herreshoff Schooner.jpg sister ship
In the movie "Capt. Ron" was a smaller scaled down steel copy of the wooden boat.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learned the basics of sailing with a Lazer and a kit-built Mirror dingy many years ago.
Great Lakes waters only, with some rough and wetsuit weather in the mix. So I understand the passion.
Still have the Mirror, but the hull is in bad shape. It's still good enough to make a set of patterns from, and I might build a new hull as a winter project after I retire.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I wrote , I believe the Spaniards were involved in the surveying of Santa Fe treasure . Maybe you know how the Spaniards were masters of death traps , so don't expect your journey to the Santa Fe treasure to be a walk in the park .
The trail depicted in the stone map is a safe path , enough to know where begins to follow the 18 markings . The path is short , you can see its end from the starting point , but if you want to cut distance , maybe would be your last desire .

So , watch your steps .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a story about how two Franciscan friars found ( by chance or have had instructions ? ) a cave similar to Caverna Aurum , north of Gila river . I believe the location was changed for obvious reasons , but let's read the story from page 108 to 113 at https://books.google.gr/books?id=jD...ound gold in the Salt River Mountains&f=false

Was that map carved on the copper disk similar to the stone trail map ?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walls covered in gold.
Now that would be quite the sight....wouldn't it !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread