The Peralta Stone Maps, Real Maps to Lost Gold Mines or Cruel Hoax?

Do you think the Peralta stone maps are genuine, or fake?

• Total voters

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Walls covered in gold.
Now that would be quite the sight....wouldn't it !

709.JPG

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Reminds me of the Chinese fellow who "accidentally" fell down an abandoned mine shaft in the now ghost mining town of Cookes Peak NM back in the late 1800s. The victim's family back in China sent over an agent to retrieve the bones so that the guy could be returned to his homeland. The agent hired a local to repel down and put the remains in a bag. The local climbed back up and asked the Chinese man, "How many of those bones do you want me to gather?". The answer, "All of them, of course." The local said, "Then we're going to need more bags. There must be twenty bodies down there."

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If reverse the Horse stone map , the cross in front of the horse has the same angle with the cross from the " new " Witch ( or Coyotero Apache priest ) map . The line that joins the waved line close to the cross in the Horse map , give to the map a similar aspect with the new Witch map at that specific point .
Also , the Horse map has inscribed the word " Pedro " . Coincidence ?
Could the Witch points to another cross in the mountains ?

Mapa del Petra 2.JPG Horse's map cross.jpg

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
If reverse the Horse stone map , the cross in front of the horse has the same angle with the cross from the " new " Witch ( or Coyotero Apache priest ) map . The line that joins the waved line close to the cross in the Horse map , give to the map a similar aspect with the new Witch map at that specific point .
Also , the Horse map has inscribed the word " Pedro " . Coincidence ?
Could the Witch points another cross in the mountains ?

View attachment 1493580 View attachment 1493582

Marius,

The cross, by a coincidence I'm sure, points due east to the Pit Mine. The distance is 10-miles. Years ago, my Uncle Chuck Ribaudo showed me the shadow on the south side of Weaver's Needle that matches the priest with the cross. There are many, many such coincidences in the Superstitions.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marius,

The cross, by a coincidence I'm sure, points due east to the Pit Mine. The distance is 10-miles. Years ago, my Uncle Chuck Ribaudo showed me the shadow on the south side of Weaver's Needle that matches the priest with the cross. There are many, many such coincidences in the Superstitions.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Joe

My question about coincidence was for the similar aspect of the two maps at a specific point and for the word PEDRO which is written in both maps .
I believe in coincidences but not when are so close in aspect and meanings and allegedly belong to the same set of maps , made in stone or not .

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of the Chinese fellow who "accidentally" fell down an abandoned mine shaft in the now ghost mining town of Cookes Peak NM back in the late 1800s. The victim's family back in China sent over an agent to retrieve the bones so that the guy could be returned to his homeland. The agent hired a local to repel down and put the remains in a bag. The local climbed back up and asked the Chinese man, "How many of those bones do you want me to gather?". The answer, "All of them, of course." The local said, "Then we're going to need more bags. There must be twenty bodies down there."

Also like the 75 bodies that were found in an abandoned silver mine near Taxco, Mexico.

Mike

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom

Black Range Tales, McKenna (Uncle Jimmy)
Hop Sing's Bones
Book is almost worth memorizing - but maybe I am trying to justify my personal investment.
Wild country, to this day...

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Black Range Tales, McKenna (Uncle Jimmy)
Hop Sing's Bones
Book is almost worth memorizing - but maybe I am trying to justify my personal investment.
Wild country, to this day...

Forgot that's where I got the story - hope I got the details close enough, ha ha. Black Range Tales is an incredibly good book, highly recommended. I remember Jimmy describing Apache raids around Kingston, "There is no fear greater than Indian fear."

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom
Forgot that's where I got the story - hope I got the details close enough, ha ha. Black Range Tales is an incredibly good book, highly recommended. I remember Jimmy describing Apache raids around Kingston, "There is no fear greater than Indian fear."

He gets even more descriptive when addressing Georgetown. Says men were even afraid to take a minute to shave.

But, the Silvertips were the worst. Anyone who wants those roaming our forests again has no idea what the implications would be. I have trod a lot of the places in the 'Tales, and meeting a Griz solo 5 miles on foot back into nowhere in that country would not be a joke.

For those not familiar with the book, it contains several versions of the Lost Adams tale (the gold placer one), also known as the Snivley Diggings, N Diggins, etc. from the perspective of a man who actually lived in those days and roamed the country. Another good true story book is No Life for a Lady by Agness Morely Cleaveland; she lived right up the the heart of the Adams country.

Sorry for the distraction from the Peralta Stones topic. I myself find them suspiciously well-made and a little too ornate. I may make the rendezvous for the first time this year, having little excuse since I am now in AZ as my main base. Maybe I can be educated as to their authenticity. Anyone considering them may want to look up historical Spanish writing styles. The style of the numbers on the stone maps seem too modern. The Spanish also seems corrupted.

Since it is a lost mine story, as opposed to a cache story, my strategy would be to seek out the geology and camp signs rather than walk ten paces from a map landmark. Of course, this could waste a lifetime unless starting in some generally-relevant area.

My favorites have always been the little sites, signs, and markers with no name that I have stumbled across over the years. The big stories get so jumbled. The little sites rest only on their observable features.

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SDCFIA,

I have that book, great reading , like a snap shot of the History around Kingston, Lake Valley, Black Range area, even Glenwood Springs. Stories of the Mogollon also. The "book" I have is nothing more than a paperback cheaply put together but complete

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is some examples of Spanish rock carvings done by shipwrecked sailors on Provinciales in the Turks and Cacios Islands. Dates on the rock are from the 16th century through the 19th century.
Stranded Sailors carve.jpg
There are hundreds of names carved in the very large rock that is the size of a two story house. The oldest known Spanish ship wreck in the Americas is 5 miles south of this location. (initials and 1543 inscribed on the Rock were documented by U.Fl. edu.)
https://www.tcmuseum.org/projects/molasses-reef-shipwreck/
https://turksandcaicosallinclusiveresorts.com/top-10-must-see-histortical-sites-turks-cai...

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also I find this new Priest map ( modified from Das Luca maps ) interested too .

Little cross map.jpg

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems the Bill's new thread about RG' tv show was deleted .

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Are you surprised ?
Seems whoever is responsible for the total censorship of any news of THAT fiasco is very worried by recent developments, and are paying close attention to what facts are being shared by other interested parties. Best to stick to PM's and E-mail etc.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If THEY need help why don't ask it kindly ? I know some good doctors .

Last edited:

Old

Feb 25, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask your moderator. I nor anyone I know had anything to do with it.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ask your moderator. I nor anyone I know had anything to do with it.

I don't have any moderator yet in my life , like others have . I am a free human been .
Maybe you meant " the topic's moderator " .

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Things were getting pretty deep on that thread markmar...I had my waders on and the B.S. was too deep for my waders...And I know that I had nothing to do with the thread being deleted...

I know that my B.S. about if someone would come up with a few million dollars I'd take them to my little area...Shoot...azdave was even telling me on that thread that he'd shoot my ore for $20 and tell me if it was worth anything...lol

The nerve of some people...I was beginning to like that thread too...I guess that it just goes to show that there are still charlatans in the treasure hunting business...

As IF I need investors...Hell...You can't pay me enough to go through that much pain again in my behind as I went through the time I did get to my little hole in the wall...It was much worse than freaking hemorrhoids...I don't know how Don Jose loves his mule so darn much...Now IF I had a nice trail bike or maybe even a quad...I just might try to retrace the steps I took on the poor mule...The trail was pretty treacherous though...I doubt I'd be able to make it on a quad...

Ed T

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread