The Peralta Stones

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
tf900 & a good old fashioned willow forked limb
Glad to hear your getting your dollars worth here on TNet.

One can hit the funnel pit's location with a 30.06 from the old Haystack Mnt. which looks just like a straw hat from the mine down below some distance away toward the river. Same with Blue House Mnt.

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
Watch your butt out there. Machinery breaks down for no good reason. There have been numerous apparitions and folks just plain scared to death in ways that last for years; they won't ever return to the site again. Rattlers everywhere, otherwise that is where it is. Don't be surprised if the place looks different each time you go there. The board game.........Oh boy

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you guys read to many camp fire stories ,, Montezuma's Well

is really the "well of dreams" and yes that legend is true ....

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Blind Bowman said,

"do you know why the word rio is on the stones ... i do ..."

Yes I do know what it refers to; you have a number of choices, a.) river, b.) R 10, c.) "R", do not search here as there is nothing of value.

River is obvious as defined by the Horse Tablet, " I pasture to the north of the river". Also on horse tablet: RIO beneath the number 5, note right leg of "R" is extended pointing towards the river (in a south easterly direction).

R 10 is a reference to a sign/symbol located on a SARA that is next to the horse's carved head found on the same exact SARA (or monument). The horse is looking in a south easterly direction; the attached photo depicts what the horse is actually looking at.

Explanation of Photograph;

In the center of the main rock formation there appears to be a symbol which looks like a capitol “R”. There appears to be a shadow “L” (letter) to the left of the left R leg about half the R’s size. The top of the letter L almost touches the lower point of what looks like the number “4” (closed top 4). The 4 is integrated into the upper left portion of the letter R. There appears to be a small “rectangle” under the L. To the right of the R is what looks like the number “7”. What appears to be a fully shaded “heart” can be seen at the bottom of the 7’s leg. To the right of the heart is what looks like a symbol of a “lightning bolt”, it also appears to have been created by a fully shaded area. Below the left side of the rock mass there are three reflective rocks arranged in a straight line. These can be observed from quite a distance from the top of an adjacent hill. We then drove to the area and took some photographs, the one above was taken as a part of that group. Above and to the right is what appears to be the number “9” lying almost all the way down. There looks to be a “waxing crescent moon” attached to the circular part of the number 9. As the sun crosses the sky the shadow symbols take turns showing up at 100% phase while the others vanish and cannot be seen at all. Even the three reflective rocks will only function at a certain time of the year. The 9 w/moon is at 100% phase while the R is at 5% or less. The L is about 80% phase while the heart and lightning bolt are at 100% phase.

© 2006, Elwin Gardner

Remember the #4 integrated into the "R". The "4" and the "F" can be found on the lower trail map stone tablet.

More soon,

Ellie B.

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Her name is RIO and she dances on the sand "

Mike

Ellie Baba

Mar 7, 2005
Laveen, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Hey BB,

What happened to your post? I have never put you on ignore and I have read everything you have posted and will continue to do so.

Listening is an art as is reading your posts. Most of what you say is irrelevant and I discard that information. Sometimes you speak with wisdom and actually make sense and in those cases I will make a note and put some real thought into an idea or statement that you have made. Your method of sifting through so much material that so many post here is at best counterproductive which is why most posters have you on ignore.

You must always be correct without sharing the truth and many of us share the same fears. Cache hunters are usually on their own and find it hard to find a trustworthy partner. History continually repeats itself.

So, with that said, how about you share some of your discoveries or knowledge in a constructve-don't-give-away-the-farm type mode. You realize that any one of us here could write a book about this subject and could share some basic knowledge and ideas with others on these forums without giving away our secrets.

Realize that when I read certain posts I will copy them to a word document and place them into my BB file. When you pull them off I figure that there was a good reason why you did. Sounds suspicious to me, eh?

This forum is a chess board and I love to watch the pieces move, the pawns, knights, rook, bishop, king and queen. I am a true competitor and always have been; listen, what do you hear?

I do enjoy your posts so leave them here for all to see. Some of us will learn from your knowledge.

Have a great weekend BB.

Ellie Baba

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Much has been made of Bob Corbin's comments about the FBI agent's statement that they believed the Stone Maps were at least 100 years old. Despite that ringing endorsement, Bob does not believe the maps are legitimate........never has.

It turns out, their conversation was much shorter than this post. :o

Joe Ribaudo

EE THr

Silver Member
Apr 21, 2008
Central California
Joe---

Speaking of the evaluation of the stone maps, the quotes of the professionals which were posted, that commented on the age of the stones, seemed to only talk about the trail maps. Because they said that there was no sign of them having been buried or in the weather for a long period of time.

For all of the stones, I'm not sure if any of the pictures available are of the originals, and I know some of them are of the reproductions. But in most of the pictures, the trail stones appear to be all one color, while the priest/horse stone to be kind of blotchy. Do you have any idea if that's due to the stone color, or if it could be due to aging, either under or on top of the ground?

If all the pictures are reproductions, it seems odd that they would discolor just the one stone, and not the trail stones. Unless that's what the originals looked like, and they went to some effort to make them look like the originals.

The "stains," if that's what they are, on the priest/horse stone does look like it was half buried for a long time, is what I'm trying to say. And that's the first one found, according to the story, because it was "partly sticking out of the ground," if I remember correctly.

What's your take on these points?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All of the stones were examined by the people at Desert Archeology, Inc. They gave their opinion on all of them. Not one other professional has been willing to sign their name to the bottom of a report on the stones authenticity.

The people at the Mining and Mineral Museum have always considered the Stone Maps to be "crazy", and a hoax. They also know their business, which is probably why they loaned them to the Superstition Mountain Historical Museum. Odds are, when the loan term is up, they will have a permanent home there.

The picture of the maps on the bumper of the car, do not look like what we see today.

I have been told that there is another picture of the stones on the bumper of another car. In that picture, the stones are side by side. I will try to get a copy of that picture, but don't really hold out much hope.

The Horse/Priest stone is believed to be Coconino Sandstone. The other two stones are a very soft sandstone, probably from the Mogollon Rim area or northern Arizona. The Heart Stone appears to be some kind of slate.

That's just stuff I have read. There are others here who actually know something about rocks. Maybe one of them will give you a qualified answer.

Take care,

Joe

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
The Peraltas have history going back further than 1847 and I have read where they were involved somewhere along the line with the manufacture of grave stones as such in Sonora.

Maybe they were hired to create the tablets at one time and eventually came into knowledge of the actual location down the line. I'm pretty sure that the first images were probably done on paper before being transfered to stone; one can trace things back again and read from there right? One would think to start the trail from the location where the stones were first set up and wing around up to left on the old Apache Trail from there; couldn't be easier.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twisted Fork said:
The Peraltas have history going back further than 1847 and I have read where they were involved somewhere along the line with the manufacture of grave stones as such in Sonora.

Maybe they were hired to create the tablets at one time and eventually came into knowledge of the actual location down the line. I'm pretty sure that the first images were probably done on paper before being transfered to stone; one can trace things back again and read from there right? One would think to start the trail from the location where the stones were first set up and wing around up to left on the old Apache Trail from there; couldn't be easier.

very smart idea .with one flaw .. when he found the stones . he did not find them where he said he did .. imposable .. there was only one way to find the stones .. and he did not find them where he said he had .. only someone that had found the real mine would know that .. and I do !

but yes if the stones had not been moved your theory would have been corect ...

Twisted Fork

Sep 2, 2007
UTAH
Detector(s) used
One can see the same logic at work here in a way where most any treasure finder might react accordingly. Who would really tell anyone the true location (as the Dutchman) but more likely a nervous spew of half truths kin to the true form of any legend still surviving today. Only time can reveal the real story as the truth slowly slips out. Here we have not the treasure, but real disputed evidence that the treasure more than likely exists. Upon realizing the location of the mine, one should be able to back track and seek out the true location of where the tablets originated from. That's how I know that he did find them; right where he said he did.

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twisted Fork said:
One can see the same logic at work here in a way where most any treasure finder might react accordingly. Who would really tell anyone the true location (as the Dutchman) but more likely a nervous spew of half truths kin to the true form of any legend still surviving today. Only time can reveal the real story as the truth slowly slips out. Here we have not the treasure, but real disputed evidence that the treasure more than likely exists. Upon realizing the location of the mine, one should be able to back track and seek out the true location of where the tablets originated from. That's how I know that he did find them; right where he said he did.

how much would you like to bet on that statement ...?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Blindbowman said:
Twisted Fork said:

I will bet more on twisted Fork's info than BB's any day

Blindbowman

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
Blindbowman said:
Twisted Fork said:

LOL then i am doing my job .... if you think that way you should walk away from treasure hunting not look back ..

I will bet more on twisted Fork's info than BB's any day

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
BB said

LOL then i am doing my job .... if you think that way you should walk away from treasure hunting not look back ..

I think a better way for all of us to look at it is...
To leave BB in his cubicle thinking happy thoughts and posting his nasty little comments while we go out.
We find the actual signs, post CLEAR photos, and unashamedly share information with each other.

In the process we get to bedevil BB ... who still can't seem to do more than belittle anyone or anything.
and because of his lack of success has turned to changing the subject rerouting any decent discussion away from the subject because he actually has nothing to say... but has to say something.

Life is good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread