the priest map or witch map

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Springfield,

Each Dutch Hunter must follow his own path in this search. ...

I have always said that the NEW evidence that keeps surfacing, is not (likely) factual. I have always questioned it. You have to get as close to the events as possible to get some semblance of what really happened.

Take care,

Joe

I would not become a 'Dutch hunter' for the reason you've mentioned. The reality of the legend is too cloudy. Nice country though.

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Springfield,

My mind is not so good as it used to was.:dontknow:

What "reason" did I mention

Thanks,Joe

"You have to get as close to the events as possible to get some semblance of what really happened."

sem·blance/ˈsembləns/
Noun:

1. The outward appearance or apparent form of something, esp. when the reality is different.
  2. Resemblance; similarity.

Unless we have a direct connection to Waltz, it's all a 'semblance'. It's a fun debate I guess, but I wouldn't knock myself out based on hearsay.

shawngrey16

Aug 22, 2012
New York(fornow)
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now this might be stupid but would it be legal if someone rented a helicopter and searched the areas instead of dangerously hiking through the dessert?

Dirty Dutchman

Dec 27, 2010
Arizona
Detector(s) used
My Brain
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can fly over it, but it's not legal to land in the mountains. That being said, there are people that will do it for the right price. And honestly, the price isn't that bad in my opinion.

Thanks
Travis

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello shadow rider, what part of arizona are you living? The peralta map is a treasure map .

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TIS -Do7V- But mostly a constant repitition of variations of pertinent facts (?). Kinda miss BB. However I must say, "since it hasn't been found knowingly (?) using the presently known -?- data, then obviously there is a flaw in the thinking or data". Let them play with it for another 80 years then I will solve it for them snicker :icon_scratch:
Join me ? :coffee2::coffee2:

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don jose d eLa Mancha

Quinan Bear

Nov 7, 2008
Grande Prairie Alberta
TIS -Do7V- But mostly a constant repitition of variations of pertinent facts (?). Kinda miss BB. However I must say, "since it hasn't been found knowingly (?) using the presently known -?- data, then obviously there is a flaw in the thinking or data". Let them play with it for another 80 years then I will solve it for them snicker :icon_scratch:
Join me ? :coffee2::coffee2:

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don jose d eLa Mancha

Well said :icon_thumright:
I think that perhaps the data does have flaws, but as well as some truths. this is why i have been studying the rock formations as well as geological,radar,magnetic and topo maps of the area. I think that Waltz found an area that has a small section of it sticking out and if you're not in the right place, then you will never find it. I did recently find a promissing area with tailings and even 2 maps that point to this same area. I hope that the temp can drop some, so this area can be scouted out.

Quinan Bear

Nov 7, 2008
Grande Prairie Alberta
LOL... it's a Deal, Don Jose de La Mancha !!!

Athough i am not certain it is the LDM, I am quite certain that something is there. At least judging by the size of the tailings and the 3 maps, (1 is a stone map), pointing to the same area.

Question for anyone that would know?

Was there a person, befor or during that time, who had a name "Cho",( or the first three letters in his name) ? Any information on this person would be most helpful. I am guessing he was an Apache but not sure on that.

FEMF

Sep 10, 2009
LOL... it's a Deal, Don Jose de La Mancha !!!

Athough i am not certain it is the LDM, I am quite certain that something is there. At least judging by the size of the tailings and the 3 maps, (1 is a stone map), pointing to the same area.

Question for anyone that would know?

Was there a person, befor or during that time, who had a name "Cho",( or the first three letters in his name) ? Any information on this person would be most helpful. I am guessing he was an Apache but not sure on that.

Hello Q Bear
There was a Jesuit named Och, look for a book called "Missionary in Sonora" I believe.
FEMF

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
QB,

If there is a connection between "Cho" and the Apache, it would be the grey wolf. In Western Apache it is called "ba cho". In the 1800's they had reached their, likely, highest population in Arizona.

I have not looked in my books, but it's possible that Cho might be a name. That being said, I think it's unlikely.

If it's possible that "Cho" are the first three letters of a name, it could be "Chokonen", Chiricahua Apache, who are known as "People of the Rising Sun".

Good luck,

Joe

Last edited:

Quinan Bear

Nov 7, 2008
Grande Prairie Alberta
QB,

If there is a connection between "Cho" and the Apache, it would be the grey wolf. In Western Apache it is called "ba cho". In the 1800's they had reached their, likely, highest population in Arizona.

I have not looked in my books, but it's possible that Cho might be a name. That being said, I think it's unlikely.

If it's possible that "Cho" are the first three letters of a name, it could be "Chokonen", Chiricahua Apache, who are known as "People of the Rising Sun".

Good luck,

Joe

Thanks Joe; That helps me out alot. I thought that it might reffer to the Apaches and when you added that they were called the "People of the Rising Sun", I knew i was on the right track. Thanks!!!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
QB,

"People of the Rising Sun" might be a loose translation, but I believe it's probably close enough for your purposes.

Good luck,

Joe

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if anyone found the orher stone map. If so is it in a private collections.
The horse and elephant are standing bach to back. Like we might do if we were facing foes from two directions. I think I know where the map is buried,but before I went looking. I thought I would ask if anyone has already retrieved it. Any idea would be appreciated. Thanks john

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions