THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Yeah... I learned long ago... I don't listen to the "forecast".

Not here... not Florida... and especially not when a major storm is offshore... let alone a storm that has hurricane potential.

I cannot remember how many years its been since I looked at something like what you posted.

Many moons ago... in Flea Market days... other vendors always came to me for the "weather report". heh

I by no means am a weather expert... but if I look at the sky... and the general feel of the air... tells me all I wanna know.

You know where this comes from ? ? ?

It comes from years of being on the water... you learn that the weather can turn on a dime in Florida.

Nothing like getting caught in in 6-8-10 foot waves... in less than 20 foot boats growing up to teach you a lesson or 2 you will never... ever forget ... heh

I hear you ARC, the weather is very different here in the north, it's almost 'predictable'. :laughing7:
Because of the amount of highway driving I've done over the past 30 years with work, I was always looking ahead at the weather forecast.

Especially when the really cold winter weather sets in, lake effect snows, high winds and white-outs on the highway can be a serious problem.

Yeah Anti... what people do not realize about the particularly unique areas to Florida where I live and around me is...

1. we have not had a hit in 100 years... not directly.
2. We are "lower" than most of Florida and inundated with rivers... streams... lakes... bays... etc etc... basically we are IN water.
3. We are the sinkhole capitol of the world... due to above.
4. It takes very very little heavy rain to begin flooding.
5. .........

A direct hit here... of even a 2-3 storm... COULD be ................Catastrophic.

PS...

The massive neighhoods around me... many have homes on canals etc... at high tide... water is 12 to 15 inches from breaching seawalls in many spots.

In other words... it wont take much to cause a major problem here.

Right situation is aligned... and it will become very serious quick.

We have been very lucky and dodged many storms... but we are due.

And construction here is primarily pre 60's... AKA.... NOT up to code... Hence... even more problems... when ... NOT IF... when we do get hit.

ALL the yard and street is underwater. It's always a joy, chasing my guardrail garden boarders.
Next will be the 4-wheel drive idiots, to tear up everybody's property.

It's always nice to have an idiot(s) taking the opportunity to apply their simple logic.

Had a local yokel tearing up the sugar bush trails on his snowmobile.
I knocked on the door and introduced myself, and explained that I often string stainless steel clothes lines up between the trees to dry items.
Now it would be a real shame if I had to go find your helmet with an enclosed melon and return it to your folks.
Problem solved, it's been quite for 6 yrs now for some reason.

Ever wake up and have that nagging feeling of too many things trying to take the mind/body in different directions?
Self induced certainly-running around my little world putting out fires-while the other half of me is just running around freely starting them.
:laughing7:
Hope EVERYONE has a great TGIF DAY!:headbang:

Pepper that would be the self-defeat game...who's winning?:laughing7:

:sign10::tongue3::laughing9:

Let’s see. Morning AARC, Dave, pepperj, WD, and pat.

Ah, I have to :laughing7: at my reflection many times over the years. But there's one thing that I'm striving for in this insanity-and that is........

Ever wake up and have that nagging feeling of too many things trying to take the mind/body in different directions?
Self induced certainly-running around my little world putting out fires-while the other half of me is just running around freely starting them.
:laughing7:
Hope EVERYONE has a great TGIF DAY!:headbang:

ill make a post but it will be interesting to see what the storm does to this spot ??!!

Bart, I know you are riding the storm out right now. Great finds! I hope you find a ton more after things calm down!

Now for the drum-roll...........

Morning WD, Pat, Bill, Rook :hello:

WD
Did you have any luck this weekend-I'm talking about fishing..........

WD
Did you have any luck this weekend-I'm talking about fishing..........

Nope. Obviously ya'll didn't sing! Eldest grandson caught the biggest, 8.2#. He's in the adult division, so it wouldn't even place. If the younger one had caught it, we might have weighed it. IDK, we didn't have any internet on Saturday to be able to check anyway. We need 11 # or more right now to place. I stayed out of their way and only helped when lines were tangled. Sunday was fast and furious. Had 8 rods out and at one point pulled in 7 fish leaving only 1 rod out. It was a great day/morning of fishing, just no size to any of the fish. I will be posting pics on the gif thread and bart's fish pic thread. Will be fishing hot and heavy the last 2 weeks of Nov. That's usually when it is won, anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back