THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
05E00790-8C2C-4D50-964B-1278E3ADCA2F.jpeg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a Hurst shifter and everytime I went to speed shift the tranny would lock up between first and second. Then one day the shifter just snapped in half, ( I was racing my younger brother in his 1968 AMX ). That short wheel base car was a tire shredder too. ( As Bart can testify ). 8-)
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: that car was nuts !!! A tire roaster !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can dream about right now ARC....is images like that !! I'm gonna miss the first day of diving tomorrow!! Its killing me to think my dive buddy might be the first to lay eyes on "El Angel Bueno". I'll be diving on thursday and friday though.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The gravity of what I'm doing is setting in. I'm actually gonna dive for a mega treasure wreck on good mag data, with state permits....dude....this could be life changing if we succeed !! Its been tough sleeping lately !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spooky WD....spooky !!.......ooooohhhh !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart,

Here's what one in similar condition to yours went for. Stack's Bowers would be the type of auction house to go to if you ever decided to part with it.

For some reason the link isn't allowed maybe a copywright issue in any event the coin went for $35,000 in 2008.
Last year bill I watched one creep to 42000 !! It was a fair bit better than mine and had obviously made it all the way home in one piece. The king melted most and gave the silver to the church to atone for his greed. He had delayed the sailing of the fleet in order for these coins to be finished and loaded for spain. That delay caused the fleet to depart during the prime hurricane season dooming the fleet. Many people died and to atone for his greed the milled 8s were melted with very few surviving. Most of these coins have been found in the keys......I believe mine is probably the finest condition one to ever come out of the 1733 treasure fleet. It was found on dry land so it stayed real nice !!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Lots of luck bart. Don’t forget about the full rhum bottles. We’re low atop.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys can see why I dont go for gold rings and fresh drops much.....its tough when one ounce of silver minted into one of these coins can bring 10s of thousands !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of luck bart. Don’t forget about the full rhum bottles. We’re low atop.

Rook can you imagine any bottle or olive jar from 1563 !! Now that would be something. I'm gonna go look for another bronze gun too....if we get to that.

Woops I meant rook....and rusty too !!

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You guys can see why I dont go for gold rings and fresh drops much.....its tough when one ounce of silver minted into one of these coins can bring 10s of thousands !!

bart, just disc. out those gold rings. I need the money.:laughing7:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There here rook. Just got go look for um......I got spanish galleons and doubloons in my brain....hard to break free from the curse of the Spaniard !! I'm obsessed with the spanish stuff !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've got to do a gel cote repair on the boat in the morning this is gonna make me miss the boat tomorrow. The work I have to do will only be a few hours.....so once it's done for a plan B I will go investigate my new cleared lot cobb spot. My partner and I will go hit the hotspot when the tide is right. Theres been some good erosion !!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

I guess the Spanish stuff gives a special buzz. When talking to Gary Drayton he sold off most of his modern gold finds to help with his kids university. However he's kept his Spanish coins and jewelry finds.

There here rook. Just got go look for um......I got spanish galleons and doubloons in my brain....hard to break free from the curse of the Spaniard !! I'm obsessed with the spanish stuff !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bart.......Finding that Spanish beauty couldn't of happen to a more dedicated Treasure hunter ! My hats off 2-U :occasion14: I sincerely hope you find more,many more, even a old rotten-out chest full of them(some survivor had to of hidden one for his private stash) :)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread