THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's always very interesting to go around the sugar bush trails and the property in general after a fresh snow.
Busy, busy the big buck now uses the gate into the berry patch-note to self put something across the opening.
Herd of Doe and yearling were up around the shop, through the trails. Probably a half dozen-followed by a pack of coyotes.
They went up on every high pile, rock, wood chip pile to mark. (Poor Max ran out of marking fluid)
The Fox did a nice walk about around the barn and up the lane way, over and around things.
So the place is hopping in the dark-need to put some cameras up soon.

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
just throwing this out there...just read Monroe county has the 3RD highest rate of virus spread in florida...i really need to free up those cannons to mark some boundries .....:smileinbox::munky2::director::usflag:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It's always very interesting to go around the sugar bush trails and the property in general after a fresh snow.
Busy, busy the big buck now uses the gate into the berry patch-note to self put something across the opening.
Herd of Doe and yearling were up around the shop, through the trails. Probably a half dozen-followed by a pack of coyotes.
They went up on every high pile, rock, wood chip pile to mark. (Poor Max ran out of marking fluid)
The Fox did a nice walk about around the barn and up the lane way, over and around things.
So the place is hopping in the dark-need to put some cameras up soon.

Ya P.J. :
There certainly is a night shift out there.

On the way to my "hide" this afternoon there was a tuft of rabbit fur, a stomach and some intestine.
Not sure , but guessing a fox got it.
Years ago a hound I was hunting with found a dead mouse tucked under an ancient piece of white pine stump a fox liked to mark.
Whatever hid the mouse had removed it's internals (or a good portion thereof) out of a dime sized hole. So , I guess fox.

Got to watch a half dozen deer tonight. A couple were seriously tempting.
Slam dunk range eventually , and left them all be.
Sure appreciate being able to watch them though.(!) It does not seem to ever get old.

One noteable observation was a doe "posing" posturing in a manner while looking at a loose group of other deer.
She shifted position as if to attract notice , and a fawn joined her.
Hard telling who a fawn belongs to this time of year. A matriarchal group mingles ...
But those two seemed in sync.

Another fawn nuzzled (kind of) a does neck and she didn't get annoyed. Another suspected tie? Not to sure on that one.

Didn't see any of the three notable individuals from last month tonight.
They wander though. And I only watch a small area of there range.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ya P.J. :
There certainly is a night shift out there.

On the way to my "hide" this afternoon there was a tuft of rabbit fur, a stomach and some intestine.
Not sure , but guessing a fox got it.
Years ago a hound I was hunting with found a dead mouse tucked under an ancient piece of white pine stump a fox liked to mark.
Whatever hid the mouse had removed it's internals (or a good portion thereof) out of a dime sized hole. So , I guess fox.

Got to watch a half dozen deer tonight. A couple were seriously tempting.
Slam dunk range eventually , and left them all be.
Sure appreciate being able to watch them though.(!) It does not seem to ever get old.

One noteable observation was a doe "posing" posturing in a manner while looking at a loose group of other deer.
She shifted position as if to attract notice , and a fawn joined her.
Hard telling who a fawn belongs to this time of year. A matriarchal group mingles ...
But those two seemed in sync.

Another fawn nuzzled (kind of) a does neck and she didn't get annoyed. Another suspected tie? Not to sure on that one.

Didn't see any of the three notable individuals from last month tonight.
They wander though. And I only watch a small area of there range.

We lived on this island for a few yrs and the deer population was around 625 back in 2009. It was a standard right of passage for every resident that drove a vehicle to hit a deer .
I got my first and only one just after an ice storm and stopping was nearly impossible.
The first one made it across, and then another, then by the time I was sliding still a Doe came in contact with the front end of the Tundra.
$6000 in damage and a seriously hurt animal, to which I needed someone to put down.
After a few stops I got a farmer's son to ride over with me with the 12ga. and put it out of it's misery.
The coyotes had an easy for 2 days, and then there was just a few bits left. It was a common sight when they grouped up in a field to count up to 50.
A friend said one morning he sat on the ridge over looking a field and counted 135 in the field.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds