THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also going to ignore a few who IMO are just "users" here... they show up and post ONLY when it helps them... just to have us solve the problems for them... then poof they are gone until the next time they need something... and they are not chartered or anything.

They also don't except friend requests or give likes to those who make good comments etc.

Oh well....guess the jig's up. Just give me a moment or two to pack. Won't take long, they're mostly bottles. :tongue3:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyway...

Off to see a Wizard.

Steady as she goes.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For Noah:

I have a book titled “ Civil War Soldiers of Greater Cleveland.” I was kind of curious if the CW guy that you were writing about might be in there? I found the book a couple years ago in a Krogers in Port Clinton.
Hey WD, I still haven't figured out who he was but I will send you his name when I do! I think he actually might have been a marine so I'm not sure if he would be in the book... but maybe? Thanks for sharing, this might be very helpful!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it was a good laying day, the young hens produced 3 eggs and Pips her's also. So we just cooked up 3 big and 5 small in a nice omelette for dinner, got love an egg fresh right off the press.

OH!! HORRORS!!
What a fine way to show gratitude to the hens! They lay eggs for you and you make a chicken fricasee of the hens!!! :nono:

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
"six degrees of separation"... a concept which posits that any two people on Earth are six or fewer acquaintance links apart.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Degrees_of_Kevin_Bacon

I believe that. I was going to say something earlier. On the discussion of deleting friends, I don’t have the heart to delete Bosnmate. I miss that guy. Upon reading through his obituary, he worked for a lumber company that sold lumber to one of our suppliers. There quite possibly was 6 or less acquaintances that would have connected us.

And now, there is Fat. With his past walleye fishing and our current, I am confident we have acquaintances that would connect us. I looked up the past rosters. Some of those peeps are still in the tournament fishing. Give me time and I will find someone that knows him. I hope I am not scaring him. Oh Geesh I am going to get that “stalker “ reputation back. LOL

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD is also a Unicorn... she just drinks more rum so she stays longer :P

Oh please, don’t label me with that. LOL The unicorn is a long standing joke with the Heroes and if they catch wind, I will be caught up in it. Nope, nope, nope. I am good with piratess, even succubus is better (that tells you how bad it is).

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey WD, I still haven't figured out who he was but I will send you his name when I do! I think he actually might have been a marine so I'm not sure if he would be in the book... but maybe? Thanks for sharing, this might be very helpful!

A marine, huh? Well I am not sure if he’d be in there either. Mostly it’s about the 103rd infantry. But here’s a link for you, incase you haven’t heard about it yet.

www.nps.gov/civilwar/soldiers-and-sailors-database.htm

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My lil cuz gave us fresh eggs. I couldn’t eat them. I am ruined. I will never make it in survival mode.

C'mon WD : You have got to toughen up and take care of #1 when it's down to just you two and your Cuz left at your house , no food , and some fresh sassy chicken embryos/ eggs.(!)
Here's how to do it for practice next time Lil Cuz shows up. Take lil Cuz's vehicle...And go find a store or restaurant....

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video Bart, you are living a dream on that boat. Do they have a tug to help park on marina? I never thought a 22 foot Lund would look small let alone what the poor folk are floating in, lol. Didn’t you chum those groupers? That kinda reminds me of catching ducks at the park, they are asking to be caught? I love when a plane flys by like that, turbo props really sound neat, they bruise the air.

Fat, it is forbidden by the '84 Migratory Bird Treaty Act, and by most U.S. State law to harvest waterfowl (a.k.a. Green Heads) using a fish hook. The 1984 M.B.T.A. also says, if I may paraphrase-

"DO NOT take a peice of string and tie a peice of bacon to it, then feed that bacon to a city park duck; because ducks cannot digest bacon. NEVER under any circumstance tie another peice of bacon to the same peice of string and allow the same city duck to eat that bacon. Do Not allow a third piece if bacon to become attached to such string and Do Not allow the same duck to eat that bacon. IF you now have three bacon fed city park ducks lined up on said string, NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE allow a person, or persons, to roast said ducks and hang them in the window for sale, trade, or barter as 'bacon stuffed wild duck'."

Personally, I think such laws are xenophobic. But sometimes foreigners take odd jobs.

:laughing7:

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a homesteaders permit.Its a life time permission handed down from my ancestors from the 1870s. It’s all about not having much cash but eating well using what Mother Nature does provide.
It’s against the law to speed also but I use to race to the park after frying that bacon with an egg and half loaf of toasted bait with butter.
I’m trying to help you catch something to eat. I bet the best wild rice can be found down along that left side of flawda too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions